Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Though I have played the "how much do you weigh?" game as much as anyone, bodyweight doesn't really matter. COMPOSITION of bodyweight IS what matters. Age is a BIG factor. For most people, as you age the body becomes more dense. Same size but heavier. It's REALLY hard to bite that one because we're programmed otherwise by society. I can say this: I was a LOT bigger and stronger at 24 and 175 lbs than I was at 50 and 205.
    @High_Plains_Drifter I am not familiar with the brand. Looks like it has all the bells and whistles. In a way, I wish on certain days I could work out inside. Like today when it was 98 in the garage. Or when I lived in IL and it was 0 in the garage But I got this notion it makes me tougher to just suck it up and deal (since I have no choice to begin with). Gets me outside too. Rolling out of bed and setting up the weights in the living room back in the day DID have its perks. A LOT less different apparel ensembles for one. I have stuff for rain, cold, severe cold, heat, severe heat. In the house it was shorts and a T

As long as you do something I'm sure it'll help.
    I did not know that about body weight... interesting. I didn't really notice the ole pants getting all that much tighter and I didn't have to let the belt out a notch, but just the GUT... my God it's always the GUT. Seems like if I gain any and all weight right there, period. Course that could be a lot just my imagination but, gonna work on that too. Sit Ups are going to be included in daily workouts from now on.

Yeah at this point in my life, I'm not so much interested in putting on bulk as I am just getting in shape. I don't think at this point in life you can put on bulk real easy anyway, IDK, I just want to start out doing high reps, low weight, to build up the stamina, and then after I'm feeling stronger maybe do a little high weight, low reps, to maybe put on some size. I'll see, but I'm just chomping at the bit now to get that thing. Been probably 6 years now since I sold the Golds gym and I've really missed that thing. Many a day has gone by that I wished I still had it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-25-2018 at 06:03 PM.