Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
We hold certain facts to be facts based n our education and perception. This is the same thing. Don't like what people believe? Change what they believe is fact. It's just more mind control.

As a "spin off", look at some of the things we believe as a society. At least things I was taught. A lot based on circumstances surrounding the facts. All Russians are commies and want to destroy the US. All Arabs are extremist, militant terrorists and want to kill or convert the entire World. Neither statement is factual. But we as a society believe (or believed) it to be true. And I am not arguing these points themselves. Just that they are widely held beliefs based on "education", be it from the school, media or society. People don't bother to actually research the topics in depth enough to actually have an educated opinion. They just accept it as truth because everyone else does.

The minority is the people who DO educate themselves and they are more likely than not ignored at the least, ridiculed and my favorite "you just don't understand " because you disagree.

The 1619 Project will be no different. IF the NYT can get it disseminated, discussed by the uneducated who take the cliff notes that suit them and run, and get it to take on a life of its own, it will be just like any other crap belief. Man-made global warming anyone? How about the Keefover (sp) Hearings? Look how many people buy off on that. People who have the power to address the masses are not held accountable for it. Sure, McCarthy ended up losing his career when it was already over in the end. As he should have. How many peoples lives did he destroy in the meantime?

Mass hysteria and/or indoctrination is nothing new. Nor is the abuse of it. Behind every bit of it from day one? An irresponsible, agenda-driven media (in whatever form).

Perhaps why something like this gets to me? I am not real good going along with the crowd, especially when the crowd is going in a demonstrable bad direction. I've always been like this. LOL!