Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

terrifying. there isn't enough fire.

But excellent detail in those pics
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    terrifying. there isn't enough fire.

But excellent detail in those pics
    Thanks man, that's my little, getting old, Canon SX-280HS with 12.1Mpx. I'd love to buy a new Canon but, too many other irons in the fire working on the property since it warmed up. I did have that huge Canon 7D MarkII, but that camera was so dang complicated you needed a course in how to operate it. I figured out the basics but wow, that was only scratching the surface. I'd like to buy the new Canon Powershot G7 X MarkII. Small enough to put in your pocket but has many of the features that the higher end digital SLR's and mirrorless have. That camera is basically the new, updated, upgraded version of what I have.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/c...t-g7-x-mark-ii

What have you been using for those spectacular pics you've been posting?
    @darin
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-31-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Thanks man, that's my little, getting old, Canon SX-280HS with 12.1Mpx. I'd love to buy a new Canon but, too many other irons in the fire working on the property since it warmed up. I did have that huge Canon 7D MarkII, but that camera was so dang complicated you needed a course in how to operate it. I figured out the basics but wow, that was only scratching the surface. I'd like to buy the new Canon Powershot G7 X MarkII. Small enough to put in your pocket but has many of the features that the higher end digital SLR's and mirrorless have. That camera is basically the new, updated, upgraded version of what I have.

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/c...t-g7-x-mark-ii

What have you been using for those spectacular pics you've been posting?
    @darin

8.2Mpx Canon 1DMarkII N, built in 2004. Those were taken with a Sigma 17-35f/1.8 lens.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

8.2Mpx Canon 1DMarkII N, built in 2004. Those were taken with a Sigma 17-35f/1.8 lens.
    Sweet, and yeah I forgot to mention, the cost of new lenses for a big SLR is daunting as well.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Sweet, and yeah I forgot to mention, the cost of new lenses for a big SLR is daunting as well.
    My Siggy is about $600.

Camera body can be found for a few hundred though, but I paid $1400 in 2009. Retail was $3999.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

My Siggy is about $600.

Camera body can be found for a few hundred though, but I paid $1400 in 2009. Retail was $3999.
    Now be honest... do you know what EVERY FEATURE on that camera does? ...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Now be honest... do you know what EVERY FEATURE on that camera does? ...

I upgrade when the equipment limits me; within maybe a year i may opt for something newer...circa 2010 maybe. But as far as photo-taking? I am pretty well-versed on what the camera can do :-)