Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polite Russian View Post
    Hellow from russian airborne recon dude
    Welcome
    I also wanted to add, it's been a pleasure having you as a member here as well, Polite Russian. And you are Polite!!!

I just explained to someone else, that folks will reply and treat others, just how they are treated. Some liberal members come here and start instantly generalizing and name calling and other stupid things, and then whine and bitch when they are treated rudely by some members.

I admittedly don't agree with everything in Russia, and admittedly don't agree with you on some things - but it's nice to discuss things with you, as it's obvious you put in some time to your replies, and you are respectful to others. That's much appreciated!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I also wanted to add, it's been a pleasure having you as a member here as well, Polite Russian. And you are Polite!!!

I just explained to someone else, that folks will reply and treat others, just how they are treated. Some liberal members come here and start instantly generalizing and name calling and other stupid things, and then whine and bitch when they are treated rudely by some members.

I admittedly don't agree with everything in Russia, and admittedly don't agree with you on some things - but it's nice to discuss things with you, as it's obvious you put in some time to your replies, and you are respectful to others. That's much appreciated!!

Thank you, I appreciate that.
    It is okay, that we can't agree at everything, because we see things from different perspectives. But we must be able to discuss it. Calm and intelligent
    That ability to discuss our conflicts must be our difference to histerical liberals and other leftists.

3. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, FakeNewsSux, pizza_pablo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Since this is a thread for newbees...

I've asked this on the chat feed, but that seems to be inactive.
    While I've got y'all talking to me, is there an app for this forum? I thought I saw something about this, during the registration process, but cannot find any info.
    In fact, it's difficult for Google to produce any results about this forum, due to its name. Well done! Was that by design?
    I am continually logged off, in a browser be on the Tapatalk app. Is that by design?
    Telling someone they have to be “politically correct” is a violation of their 1st Amendment right.
    People’s feelings are NOT protected, under the US Constitution.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    While I've got y'all talking to me, is there an app for this forum? I thought I saw something about this, during the registration process, but cannot find any info.
    In fact, it's difficult for Google to produce any results about this forum, due to its name. Well done! Was that by design?
    I am continually logged off, in a browser be on the Tapatalk app. Is that by design?
    I believe things should work fine with either Tapatalk or some prefer Forum Runner. I know Tapatalk works, but I don't use it to post really, just read when away from home. I have no control over any of the settings of their app.

I certainly didn't design that, that's a fatal flaw - using "debate" and "policy", which are way too competitive to bring to the top of the results. Yes, I suck.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I believe things should work fine with either Tapatalk or some prefer Forum Runner. I know Tapatalk works, but I don't use it to post really, just read when away from home. I have no control over any of the settings of their app.

I certainly didn't design that, that's a fatal flaw - using "debate" and "policy", which are way too competitive to bring to the top of the results. Yes, I suck.

I'll checkout Forum Runner. (ETA, looks like Forum Runner is for iPhone, only)
    I really did think it was clever, choosing the name of the forum, in order to keep it off of the search engine radar. That's why I thought it was by design. Definitely meant as a compliment, not criticism.
    What about my being logged out, every time I come back, using the Chrome browser?
    Last edited by pizza_pablo; 04-16-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    Telling someone they have to be “politically correct” is a violation of their 1st Amendment right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'll checkout Forum Runner.
    I really did think it was clever, choosing the name of the forum, in order to keep it off of the search engine radar. That's why I thought it was by design. Definitely meant as a compliment, not criticism.
    What about my being logged out, every time I come back, using the Chrome browser?
    I don't have that issue using chrome. The board should automatically log someone out after 30 minutes of inactivity. But if you check-off the "remember me" option when logging in, then you should be fine. I'm honestly unsure if you do just that and still get logged out.

Running any other type of software that may kill your cookies or prevent your machine from remembering your session?

9. Thanks pizza_pablo thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default pizza_pablo

You don't need an app to get back here. When you are on the INTRO page, where you log in. Just RIGHT CLICK your mouse, a menu should come up that says something like "CREATE A LINK to this page" or "SAVE AS". Save it to your Desktop Screen. Then, every time you want to come back. JUST CLICK ON THE LINK on your screen. It should work. If not. Ask GOOGLE how to create a LINK to a page.
    They have instructions for everything. Good luck.
    Last edited by aboutime; 04-16-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

11. Thanks pizza_pablo thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is to what I was referring.
    This popped up, while accessing this forum, from Chrome browser on my phone. Selecting OK leads to the Play Store, with nothing found. Screenshot_20180512-092337.jpg

13. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This is to what I was referring.
    This popped up, while accessing this forum, from Chrome browser on my phone. Selecting OK leads to the Play Store, with nothing found. Screenshot_20180512-092337.jpg
    Dang, forgot about that, that's for "Forum Runner" free software - which I just checked and apparently doesn't exist anymore.

Uninstalled - no one should be prompted for that one again.

15. Thanks Abbey Marie, pizza_pablo thanked this post
    Likes pizza_pablo liked this post
    several homes in the American west and one in the UK
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Default Hey, people, this is my first post at debatepolicy and

. . . I hope to learn from you.

I am a former vet, successful businessman, baseball lover, and family man with a wonderful wife, a citizen who loves our Constitution and our civil liberties.

17. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JakeStarkey View Post
    I am a former vet, successful businessman, baseball lover, and family man with a wonderful wife, a citizen who loves our Constitution and our civil liberties.
    welcome.

"...who loves our Constitution and our civil liberties."
    there's plenty of room for some like that here.
    all the best sir
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

19. Thanks JakeStarkey thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Small world.

Enjoy
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

21. Thanks JakeStarkey thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

You might recognize one or two folks here...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

23. Thanks Gunny, JakeStarkey thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

so you are not a vet anymore?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

25. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Welcome, Jake!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

27. Thanks JakeStarkey thanked this post