Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    The lack of the usual left-sided opposition in reply to this thread, to me is a clear sign of just how badly Trump has beaten down the usual ""suspects"" , with his supposedly infantile and ignorant rantings and inexplicable success in victory and now his brilliant execution of his campaign promises!
    They are so beaten as to have dug so deep under the nearest rock, as not to see daylight, nor even be able answer to this thread , and its
    noting the Civil War, its dastardly Southern Confederacy and its Constitution!

Who would have thunk it, a moron like, TRUMP DEMOLISHING THESE SUPPOSED HIGHLY ENLIGHTENED LIB GENIUSES.
    Fear grips them like an iron glove , while they hide under rocks, hand delivering only self-love..

Glory be.... -Tyr
    Tyr, your 1st post seemed to pretty historically accurate.
    As it points out the main difference in the confederate constitution for the U.S. constitution was it's emphasis on protecting and perpetuating "negro" slavery.

I'm not sure why you wanted to to post it.
    and I'll make no assumptions.

I personally am very happy that the Confederacy got it's arse kicked and is DEAD. It was a short lived bass-ackward nation whose leaders main concern was to extend it's wealth via african slavery into the 20th century and beyond.
    I'm glad it's dead, like Nazi Germany and U.S.S.R., good riddance to bad rubbish.

of course we all want to preserve the great southern qualities of good food, hospitality, cordiality, love of God, honesty, respect for elders and the like.
    But i don't see those things in the Confederate Constitution. do you? I don't see them specifically birthed in the few years the confederate states were actually viable. The south had those before and after the confederacy's thankfully SHORT life. the South had those good qualities While they were and are PART OF the U.S.A. proper.

So the confederate constitution doesn't, in my thinking at least, represent anything but an ugly and thankfully dead document. the historical notation of it in this tread is like noting the approval of the building of concentration camps of Germany. It is good to remember past political horrors from time to time.

SaveSave
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-12-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16