Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
I think after 50 or so, the best is to just be consistent in keeping moving. I'm serious. Between arthritis and the sundry injuries and illnesses that start to attack, keeping moving is a goal!

I've never been into sweating, it's against my comfort level. Now however, I'm pushing to get as pain free as possible, seems that is involving free weights and keeping moving.
I abhor sweating ... just bought a new UA shirt for working out that says "you sweat, I sparkle".

My New Years resolution was to get healthy so met with nutritionist for 8 weeks to make lifestyle changes. I hate exercising because I hate to sweat, so this is a MAJOR lifestyle change. Bought a Fitbit Charge 2 in February and suddenly it is not so hard getting in 10,000 steps per day when I have immediate visual feedback. Tuesday I did 17,859 steps, 24 floors, 7.82 miles, burned 2,553 cals, worked out for 97 minutes and an hour of chair yoga.

Have a free membership at local YMCA through the Silver Sneakers program and do the senior aerobics 2x/week and chair yoga 2x/week. But the best exercise for me is walking up the dirt road out where I live. It's a gradual incline to the top so can get my flights and miles (5+ per day) in at same time. It's about a mile from my house to the top so I have to do it 2-3 times. And, it's rock, gravel and sand with ruts, etc. So, all kinds of muscles firing that wouldn't happen on treadmill or walking on sidewalks. I'm finding that is improving my balance as well.

Never worried about fitness much before but last year my body said "hey ... enough."