Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Default The Day Jim Learned To Ride Snowmachines

Just got reminded of this clip, back in '18 Jim came up to experience Alaska.

Jim, my friend Joe and I decided to go up the mountain behind the cabin named Sockeye Lake. It was a beautiful March day.

I was finishing my beer, and Jim & Joe had already taken off. All was well.

...but then, off to my left, I saw something out of place...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vnl_tCDBloM&feature=share
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks Gunny, NT'sGirl thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Kathianne, fj1200, Mr. P, jimnyc and 2 others liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Jim, my friend Joe and I decided to go up the mountain behind the cabin named Sockeye Lake. It was a beautiful March day.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vnl_tCDBloM&feature=share
    You're never going to let him forget this, huh?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes Kathianne, NightTrain, jimnyc, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

You dirty bastard!!! I rode before, just usually in 2-3 inches of snow, not mountainous regions in Alaska! And then right after this, well after I came in hot and almost took Joe and Rick out... we went to ride through the woods to meet a friend. A trail that was literally an inch less wide than the snow machines. So then I was getting nailed in the face with branches non-stop. Then at some axe murderer guys cabin, then back to the river and I nearly froze by that time.

My ass is clueless in that deep snow. I hit the accelerator as fast as she can go, and she just went deeper into the snow on me! Plus, you were hogging the alcohol in your snow machine and I need that stuff to ride properly! Your greedy ass caused my sinking in quite a few places. Not to mention turning her sideways on that track in front of the cabin and nearly crushing myself - and then turning the corner of the road we cruised on back to the truck, I took it a little too fast and then hit an embankment pretty roughly - but my leg and body took the force so as not to kill the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You're never going to let him forget this, huh?
    I want you to come up there with us! This way I have someone to follow me on the snow machine, or on the 4 wheeler! Talk about the blind leading the blind!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    You dirty bastard!!! I rode before, just usually in 2-3 inches of snow, not mountainous regions in Alaska! And then right after this, well after I came in hot and almost took Joe and Rick out... we went to ride through the woods to meet a friend. A trail that was literally an inch less wide than the snow machines. So then I was getting nailed in the face with branches non-stop. Then at some axe murderer guys cabin, then back to the river and I nearly froze by that time.

My ass is clueless in that deep snow. I hit the accelerator as fast as she can go, and she just went deeper into the snow on me! Plus, you were hogging the alcohol in your snow machine and I need that stuff to ride properly! Your greedy ass caused my sinking in quite a few places. Not to mention turning her sideways on that track in front of the cabin and nearly crushing myself - and then turning the corner of the road we cruised on back to the truck, I took it a little too fast and then hit an embankment pretty roughly - but my leg and body took the force so as not to kill the machine.

I want you to come up there with us! This way I have someone to follow me on the snow machine, or on the 4 wheeler! Talk about the blind leading the blind!
    Last I tried, I can handle a jet ski (or whatever they call them now) just fine. I imagine the whole "staying on top of the machine and keeping it on top of the water" rules apply in the snow. If not, I DO know how to operate a snow shovel

Not sure why though you think Rick needs help laughing at your ass
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Last I tried, I can handle a jet ski (or whatever they call them now) just fine. I imagine the whole "staying on top of the machine and keeping it on top of the water" rules apply in the snow. If not, I DO know how to operate a snow shovel

Not sure why though you think Rick needs help laughing at your ass
    Well, I would say that water skiing and snow machines are only similar in that aspect that the skis should be on top, of course... but easier done on water than on snow and that heavy ass machine. And a jet ski on the water floats naturally, so no comparison there as a snow machine will sink naturally unless you know how to ride in the deep shit. And where the fu*k you think you're getting a shovel out in the middle of nowhere? Just gonna carry that over your shoulder while riding all day?

And nah, not as much for Rick as much as "I" need someone to take the laughs away from me!!

Sunk the 4 wheeler in the river, sunk the snow machine like 7 times, crashed it at least twice, fell in the pee hole when drunk, nearly got crushed when Rick pulled an Evil Knievel while I was on the back holding a 500lb container of gas, got chased by a million bees and got stung when Rick fu*ked with a beehive.... Probably more as I might have been inebriated enough to forget a few other screwups.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Well, I would say that water skiing and snow machines are only similar in that aspect that the skis should be on top, of course... but easier done on water than on snow and that heavy ass machine. And a jet ski on the water floats naturally, so no comparison there as a snow machine will sink naturally unless you know how to ride in the deep shit. And where the fu*k you think you're getting a shovel out in the middle of nowhere? Just gonna carry that over your shoulder while riding all day?

And nah, not as much for Rick as much as "I" need someone to take the laughs away from me!!

Sunk the 4 wheeler in the river, sunk the snow machine like 7 times, crashed it at least twice, fell in the pee hole when drunk, nearly got crushed when Rick pulled an Evil Knievel while I was on the back holding a 500lb container of gas, got chased by a million bees and got stung when Rick fu*ked with a beehive.... Probably more as I might have been inebriated enough to forget a few other screwups.
    I love competition, and I've done some crazy-ass shit. Especially 4-wheeling in the desert. Been stuck, crashed, rolled off a trail part way down a mountain and was left dangling upside down by my seatbelt. Hell, when I was young-n-dumb(er) I even jumped of the old trestle bridge at Bahia Honda state park in the Keys. None of that is taking into account the crazy shit I did in the Marines on their time and dime and equipment

But I got to give you the Gold. I can't hang. Can't say as I ever fell into the community pee-hole You're the champ

12. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I love competition, and I've done some crazy-ass shit. Especially 4-wheeling in the desert. Been stuck, crashed, rolled off a trail part way down a mountain and was left dangling upside down by my seatbelt. Hell, when I was young-n-dumb(er) I even jumped of the old trestle bridge at Bahia Honda state park in the Keys. None of that is taking into account the crazy shit I did in the Marines on their time and dime and equipment

But I got to give you the Gold. I can't hang. Can't say as I ever fell into the community pee-hole You're the champ
    Definitely not one of my better moments, but I chalk it up to being drunker than the rest! Thank God it was just Rick, Joe and I! Then again, Rick did me no favors by telling all you bastards!

I still want you to come when I go back. I think we can certainly find more damage to do in Talkeetna. And both machines still run wonderfully and no worse for the wear.

Fwiw, @darin also rolled the 4 wheeler like you. Took a sharp turn too fast and slammo to the ground he went! And then Mrs. Abs @Abbey Marie decided it would be a great time to fracture her wrist/arm, while we are 25 miles or so from civilization!

I'm starting to think that it's Rick @NightTrain and he's cursed, or cursing me.

14. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Definitely not one of my better moments, but I chalk it up to being drunker than the rest! Thank God it was just Rick, Joe and I! Then again, Rick did me no favors by telling all you bastards!

I still want you to come when I go back. I think we can certainly find more damage to do in Talkeetna. And both machines still run wonderfully and no worse for the wear.

Fwiw, @darin also rolled the 4 wheeler like you. Took a sharp turn too fast and slammo to the ground he went! And then Mrs. Abs @Abbey Marie decided it would be a great time to fracture her wrist/arm, while we are 25 miles or so from civilization!

I'm starting to think that it's Rick @NightTrain and he's cursed, or cursing me.
    Could be you're just a putz and shouldn't be allowed to operate machinery above the tricycle level

I wouldn't want to pay insurance on Rick's toys after a visit from Jimbob
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-05-2022 at 02:14 PM.

16. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Could be you're just a putz and shouldn't be allowed to operate machinery above the tricycle level

I wouldn't want to pay insurance on Rick's toys after a visit from Jimbob
    Problem was, I was so damn drunk from a long night of drinking, that while taking care of business off the deck myself, I closed my eyes for a second and apparently feel asleep or passed out... doesn't matter, the result was the same, jim landing where he did and then the snow drift angle slid my entire body right underneath the deck/cabin.

Or operate machinery with a couple of Fireball glasses or Hot Damn swigs, might have more to do with.... ahhhhh, nevermind. Completely legal on Rick's various rivers he owns up there. I may have touched some weird tobacco someone left around as well, not to mention I found brownies that the hippie @Russ brought to the cabin and ate them by accident and was high for a week!

Then when I am drunk and purposely hitting the ram for jumps on the few snow machines, and Rick was filming, nothing happens. Truly expected it to myself.

I think Rick learned his lesson and keeps me away from the wheel of his jet boat now!

18. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Problem was, I was so damn drunk from a long night of drinking, that while taking care of business off the deck myself, I closed my eyes for a second and apparently feel asleep or passed out... doesn't matter, the result was the same, jim landing where he did and then the snow drift angle slid my entire body right underneath the deck/cabin.

Or operate machinery with a couple of Fireball glasses or Hot Damn swigs, might have more to do with.... ahhhhh, nevermind. Completely legal on Rick's various rivers he owns up there. I may have touched some weird tobacco someone left around as well, not to mention I found brownies that the hippie @Russ brought to the cabin and ate them by accident and was high for a week!

Then when I am drunk and purposely hitting the ram for jumps on the few snow machines, and Rick was filming, nothing happens. Truly expected it to myself.

I think Rick learned his lesson and keeps me away from the wheel of his jet boat now!
    I'm surprised he has any toys left to not let you operate

20. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm surprised he has any toys left to not let you operate
    Honestly, while I did sink the 4-wheeler, it was back up and running and no worse for the wear within a few hours. And while sinking the sled daily sucked, it's harmless 'cept for Jim's pride, or what's left of it. Then was very gentle with his new sled, took no chances on that sucker! Same as the boat, was very uncomfortable the 1st trip when he just walked away from the wheel and told me to take over. On the Talkeetna river of all places! 6 feet here and then 2 inches if you move over a few feet. Rick tells me "just read the river". WTF? I don't know nothing about reading a damned river, I don't read much but the sports section and the comics! But never crashed her and had him take back over not much longer as I was a tad uncomfy.

Been lucky, my many screwups haven't left much lasting damage. Unless you count the extended beating I'll continue to be taking over the pee pit incident.

Don't think I ever dropped a glass of fireball though, nor a single sip! Nor any tequila, nor any of that nasty paint thinner the guy sold me for $80!

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Honestly, while I did sink the 4-wheeler, it was back up and running and no worse for the wear within a few hours. And while sinking the sled daily sucked, it's harmless 'cept for Jim's pride, or what's left of it. Then was very gentle with his new sled, took no chances on that sucker! Same as the boat, was very uncomfortable the 1st trip when he just walked away from the wheel and told me to take over. On the Talkeetna river of all places! 6 feet here and then 2 inches if you move over a few feet. Rick tells me "just read the river". WTF? I don't know nothing about reading a damned river, I don't read much but the sports section and the comics! But never crashed her and had him take back over not much longer as I was a tad uncomfy.

Been lucky, my many screwups haven't left much lasting damage. Unless you count the extended beating I'll continue to be taking over the pee pit incident.

Don't think I ever dropped a glass of fireball though, nor a single sip! Nor any tequila, nor any of that nasty paint thinner the guy sold me for $80!
    I've driven boats all over the place. I wouldn't be comfortable driving a speedboat on a river I didn't know while drinking. Although, there was a this time on the St John's River .... Lost my boogeyboarder somewhere along the way. A JAX cop, no less

24. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've driven boats all over the place. I wouldn't be comfortable driving a speedboat on a river I didn't know while drinking. Although, there was a this time on the St John's River .... Lost my boogeyboarder somewhere along the way. A JAX cop, no less
    Maybe on a jet ski, or out on open water - but an extremely weird river with a ton of shallow areas, nope not for me. And the water is brown from the silt so you can't tell by looking down into the water. Then on top of that Rick also tells me "Keep it at 31 mph at all times to keep her running up river properly". Well hell, ya just told me to read the river, now I have to keep looking at the damn speedometer too? While I liked my time there in the summer just a tad better than the winter, it's much much easier getting up river (to me and for me) by taking the snow machines. So long as you stay on the compressed trail anyway.

The job of the board rider on the back is to not let go. If ya lost him, he let go. At least that's the way I think. Knowing you ya probably cut a turn and swung him into a tree.

26. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Maybe on a jet ski, or out on open water - but an extremely weird river with a ton of shallow areas, nope not for me. And the water is brown from the silt so you can't tell by looking down into the water. Then on top of that Rick also tells me "Keep it at 31 mph at all times to keep her running up river properly". Well hell, ya just told me to read the river, now I have to keep looking at the damn speedometer too? While I liked my time there in the summer just a tad better than the winter, it's much much easier getting up river (to me and for me) by taking the snow machines. So long as you stay on the compressed trail anyway.

The job of the board rider on the back is to not let go. If ya lost him, he let go. At least that's the way I think. Knowing you ya probably cut a turn and swung him into a tree.
    I think losing a cop on the St John's was Freudian somehow

You're WAY overthinking it. "Losing a boarder" amounts to no more than having a good buz, enjoying the rays and not looking back

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think losing a cop on the St John's was Freudian somehow

You're WAY overthinking it. "Losing a boarder" amounts to no more than having a good buz, enjoying the rays and not looking back
    It's very odd that alcohol seemingly is involved in so many of these incidents. What a coincidence that is.

29. Thanks Gunny thanked this post