Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Thanksgiving

So much angst, but so very much to be thankful for! In spite of the economy we will still be celebrating.

One of the things I'm grateful for is that Walmart has given all employees the Walmart+, basically their version of Prime, but without the Prime Video-cheaper too. LOL!

On the plus side, full grocery/store delivery/online. Prime doesn't do fresh food out here. I love planning and I love cooking. I love having friends/family for dinner, especially on holidays. I do NOT like crowded shopping. I've gotten to the point where I do NOT like taking groceries, especially cans and big cartons, from car to door. (No garage entrance to kitchen in apartment-I really, really miss that, along with two boys to unpack the car! LOL!).

Thanksgiving food has just been put away, (except the turkey which is thawing, as it's hard to get fresh here.) Butternut squash soup is cooling in crockpot. Cranberry chutney is in fridge. Got lots of celery and onions to chop for dressing, actually 2 types of dressing-my mom's and a leek version for wishful vegetarians. Off tomorrow and of course, Thursday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! Gobble gobble!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny, Mr. P, fj1200 thanked this post
    Likes revelarts, SassyLady, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    So much angst, but so very much to be thankful for! In spite of the economy we will still be celebrating.

One of the things I'm grateful for is that Walmart has given all employees the Walmart+, basically their version of Prime, but without the Prime Video-cheaper too. LOL!

On the plus side, full grocery/store delivery/online. Prime doesn't do fresh food out here. I love planning and I love cooking. I love having friends/family for dinner, especially on holidays. I do NOT like crowded shopping. I've gotten to the point where I do NOT like taking groceries, especially cans and big cartons, from car to door. (No garage entrance to kitchen in apartment-I really, really miss that, along with two boys to unpack the car! LOL!).

Thanksgiving food has just been put away, (except the turkey which is thawing, as it's hard to get fresh here.) Butternut squash soup is cooling in crockpot. Cranberry chutney is in fridge. Got lots of celery and onions to chop for dressing, actually 2 types of dressing-my mom's and a leek version for wishful vegetarians. Off tomorrow and of course, Thursday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! Gobble gobble!
    I an S-O-O-O thankful the entire family is in Florida for Thanksgiving this year . No 20 tons of food I don't like and the dishes that go with to clean.

I'm cracking the cobwebs off the wallet and going to Whataburger for a triple Whataburger w/pickles, mustard and onions, and rings instead of fries.

No dishes. What a dream come true
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I an S-O-O-O thankful the entire family is in Florida for Thanksgiving this year . No 20 tons of food I don't like and the dishes that go with to clean.

I'm cracking the cobwebs off the wallet and going to Whataburger for a triple Whataburger w/pickles, mustard and onions, and rings instead of fries.

No dishes. What a dream come true
    Dictionary. Curmudgeon. Gunny's pic!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny, Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes Mr. P liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Turkey Denied Presidential Pardon After Photos Emerge Of It Attending January 6

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a break from a long-standing tradition, the White House announced that this year's Thanksgiving turkey would not receive a ceremonial pardon from President Joe Biden after it was discovered that the turkey had attended the riot at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.
    "The turkey we had chosen for the occasion has been determined to be completely undeserving of a pardon," said White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre in a media briefing. "The President was very eager to bestow a pardon, but unfortunately, it came to our attention that this turkey participated in the violent attack on the Capitol that attempted to overthrow the government and destroy democracy itself."
    The turkey has been returned to police custody.
    The Biden administration learned of the scandal after it was presented with photos of the foul fowl wearing a red "Make America Great Again" baseball cap among other Trump supporters and undercover federal agents planted surreptitiously throughout the crowd on the day of the riot. Though other witnesses vehemently argued that the turkey had valiantly attempted to prevent agitators from vandalizing the Capitol and breaching its doors, security camera footage of the MAGA turkey wandering the halls and gobbling in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office was considered particularly damning.
    "Listen, these dangerous ultra-MAGA birds are a serious threat to our nation, folks," President Biden said in brief remarks about the situation. "They must be dealt with and put in their rightful place, which is on my dinner table. End of speech. Walk away from podium."
    At publishing time, all requests made to interview the turkey had been denied. It was reported that the bird was placed in solitary confinement at an undisclosed location as it awaited its execution, brining, and deep-frying without due process.
    https://babylonbee.com/news/turkey-d...ing-jan-6-riot
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Likes Kathianne, fj1200, Mr. P, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I'd just order a pizza and be done with it, but... wife.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

10. Thanks fj1200, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I can't remember last time I cooked a turkey. Since moving to AZ I either go to daughter's or neighbors. I just bring a couple side dishes and I'm done.

This year I'm doing both. Neighbor's first for early meal and daughter's after for late dinner.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

12. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, BoogyMan thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I can't remember last time I cooked a turkey. Since moving to AZ I either go to daughter's or neighbors. I just bring a couple side dishes and I'm done.

This year I'm doing both. Neighbor's first for early meal and daughter's after for late dinner.
    I really like turkey, every year I think, "This year I'm not going to wait fir the holidays. " Then I promptly forget about turkey.

14. Thanks Gunny, BoogyMan thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I really like turkey, every year I think, "This year I'm not going to wait fir the holidays. " Then I promptly forget about turkey.
    I'm taking ham and Watergate salad as my contributions this year.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

16. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne, BoogyMan thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

In this crazy fu**ed up world, I'm somehow still kicking after 54 years of taking chances. Quite thankful for that.

Also quite thankful for the friends I have made here on this board and off the board alike.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, doing whatever it is that makes you happy and filled with whatever your foods of choice! I'm with 'ol HJ on the pizza if I had my way. Or then maybe Alaskan King Crab, but alas it will be the same 'ol repetitive turkey here again.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady, Kathianne, BoogyMan thanked this post
    Likes fj1200 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    In this crazy fu**ed up world, I'm somehow still kicking after 54 years of taking chances. Quite thankful for that.

Also quite thankful for the friends I have made here on this board and off the board alike.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving, doing whatever it is that makes you happy and filled with whatever your foods of choice! I'm with 'ol HJ on the pizza if I had my way. Or then maybe Alaskan King Crab, but alas it will be the same 'ol repetitive turkey here again.
    Puppy. I'm surprised you survived Alaska from all accounts

The daughter usually makes enough food for an army and a lot is wasted. Not to mention she dirties up more crap in the kitchen than Ron Popeil has invented. If there's a kitchen gadget, she's got one. Some of the crap I have no idea what it's for. For instance, they have this gadget that cores and peels pineapple . Kathianne would probably love to get hold of Ashley's kitchen. Listening to me stand off to side making smartass remarks not so much

I AM however, thankful for my family. I'm just also thankful they decided not to bless me with their mess this year.

20. Thanks Kathianne, BoogyMan thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Kathianne, fj1200 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Puppy. I'm surprised you survived Alaska from all accounts

The daughter usually makes enough food for an army and a lot is wasted. Not to mention she dirties up more crap in the kitchen than Ron Popeil has invented. If there's a kitchen gadget, she's got one. Some of the crap I have no idea what it's for. For instance, they have this gadget that cores and peels pineapple . Kathianne would probably love to get hold of Ashley's kitchen. Listening to me stand off to side making smartass remarks not so much

I AM however, thankful for my family. I'm just also thankful they decided not to bless me with their mess this year.
    Oh, me too! I think I will eventually either get eaten by JB over there, or succumb to the Talkeetna River, summer or winter. Or Rick's neighbor up the hill is gonna murder me and bury me. You would never be found! But, being it's Thanksgiving, I could say that I would be thankful to be murdered in such a beautiful place and have a burial plot all to my lonesome.

I never ate at a Whataburger, none around here. I would gladly get some takeout or dine in on Thanksgiving if my choice. No cooking, no mess... and in your case, even better, no people! People are the worst!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

22. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh, me too! I think I will eventually either get eaten by JB over there, or succumb to the Talkeetna River, summer or winter. Or Rick's neighbor up the hill is gonna murder me and bury me. You would never be found! But, being it's Thanksgiving, I could say that I would be thankful to be murdered in such a beautiful place and have a burial plot all to my lonesome.

I never ate at a Whataburger, none around here. I would gladly get some takeout or dine in on Thanksgiving if my choice. No cooking, no mess... and in your case, even better, no people! People are the worst!

I am currently "babysitting" the following:

2 Dogs
    4 cats
    1 hamster
    1 beta fish
    1 gecko

They're enough PIA for me. They'll get their "special" Thanksgiving dinner (aka the usual) and I won't have to deal with leftovers nor dishes

24. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default FBI Closely Monitoring Gathering Of Christian Nationalists

I must be under the radar with the Whataburger thing

ROANOKE, VA — The FBI has dispatched surveillance teams after several reports surfaced of Christian Nationalists planning to spend a day thanking God for His blessings and praying for America.
    "Looks like the turkey's hit the table, boys," reported Agent Schwartz to the tactical team. "That means the praying will be inbound shortly if I know these sickos like I think I do."
    The FBI has reported a massive increase in Christian Nationalist activity as of late, with many in the Bureau expecting a widespread show of force on Thanksgiving. "The entire Thanksgiving holiday is basically a dog whistle for Christian Nationalists," explained FBI Director Christopher Wray. "Here we have a holiday declared by Abraham Lincoln, one of the most famous Christian Nationalists ever, meant to be entirely dedicated to thanking God for our country and praying God's guidance for her future. If that's not domestic terrorism, I don't know what is."
    After a bit of shuffling, Agent Schwartz reported that the Graham family had, in fact, said a prayer and started eating turkey. "We've got three generations of terrorists present - maybe four, that old terrorist on the walker is moving slow," said Agent Schwartz. "Sure is sad to see the little ones getting indoctrinated like this. Next thing you know, that baby will be storming the Capitol, mark my words."
    At publishing time, Grandma Graham has reportedly gone outside to ask the weirdo with the binoculars if he would like to come in for some pie.
    https://babylonbee.com/news/fbi-clos...n-nationalists

26. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default 10 Ways To Make Your Thanksgiving More Historically Accurate

I KNEW before reading Fauxahontas was going to take a shot
    We all know Thanksgiving is a time of family and delicious food, but is your Thanksgiving historically accurate? Tap into your heritage and spice up your holidays by making your Thanksgiving more true to history than ever before this year!
    Here are some tips:

1. Wait for half your relatives to die in the harsh winter before celebrating: You'll have less drama.
    2. Invite famous Native American Elizabeth Warren to bring you a deer carcass: Delicious!
    3. Make the women do all the cooking over an open hearth: And have them ditch the pumpkin pie for a historically authentic eel pie.
    4. Ask Uncle Bob to deliver a 3-hour Puritan sermon before eating: It's better than listening to his political rants.
    5. Weld an oil funnel onto your 12-gauge and go skeet shooting with your new blunderbuss: With a 10-foot spread, you can't miss!
    6. Silence the children with a swift strike upon the cheek: As was Puritan custom.
    7. Have one of the family members wear an authentic buffalo-skin loincloth and give everyone a corn-planting lesson: As long as it's not Uncle Bob.
    8. Get the COVID booster to simulate the feeling of influenza: Wow! This is just how William Bradford must have felt!
    9. Lose a couple of fingers to frostbite: Hey! You have plenty more!
    10. Show more humility and gratefulness than you ever have in your life: Man, those Puritans knew how to be THANKFUL.

Enjoy!
    https://babylonbee.com/news/10-ways-...cally-accurate

28. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I am currently "babysitting" the following:

2 Dogs
    4 cats
    1 hamster
    1 beta fish
    1 gecko

They're enough PIA for me. They'll get their "special" Thanksgiving dinner (aka the usual) and I won't have to deal with leftovers nor dishes
    I'll take all of them over people any day of the week!

My dogs, and this year Nikoh, always get their own plate of a mix of Turkey and other crap.

30. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post