Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Default Video : Israel Taking Out Iranian SA-22

This is pretty cool.

Russia sold Iran a few of their supposedly extremely effective SA-22 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantsir-S1 ) mobile AA systems, and Israel took it out with a missile.

As the Missile Cam shows, it was parked, wasn't powered up and the radar wasn't radaring, while the erstwhile crew stood in a small group about 50' away.

In the last few seconds before impact, you can see one of the Iranians making a mad dash to the SA-22 to turn it on. Whoopsie.

I can only surmise the conversation went something like this :

Muhammed : Achmed, is that an Israeli fighter jet over there?

Achmed : Yes, Commander, I think it is.

Muhammed : That's not good. Is that a missile coming toward us at a high rate of speed?

Achmed : It sure looks like it. Is that a chemtrail it's leaving behind it?

Muhammed : Nevermind the chemtrail. Do you think maybe you should run over there and turn on our brand new and expensive SA-22?

Achmed : But I haven't finished my cigarette!

Muhammed : Achmed! NOW!

Achmed : I'm on it!

*pitter patter pitter patter*

BOOM!

I suppose there's a large learning curve involved in going from everyday terrorist to competent AA operator, but this particular crew failed pretty spectacularly.

And I think Russia just lost a lot more sales of their AA systems.

Video from the IDF twitter feed : https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/...607813/video/1
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The "dome" over Israel worked. 😊

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The "dome" over Israel worked. 

Yeah, the funny thing about that is only 4 needed to be intercepted - the other 16 failed to even make it into Israel.

5. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    This is pretty cool.

Russia sold Iran a few of their supposedly extremely effective SA-22 ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantsir-S1 ) mobile AA systems, and Israel took it out with a missile.

As the Missile Cam shows, it was parked, wasn't powered up and the radar wasn't radaring, while the erstwhile crew stood in a small group about 50' away.

In the last few seconds before impact, you can see one of the Iranians making a mad dash to the SA-22 to turn it on. Whoopsie.

I can only surmise the conversation went something like this :

Muhammed : Achmed, is that an Israeli fighter jet over there?

Achmed : Yes, Commander, I think it is.

Muhammed : That's not good. Is that a missile coming toward us at a high rate of speed?

Achmed : It sure looks like it. Is that a chemtrail it's leaving behind it?

Muhammed : Nevermind the chemtrail. Do you think maybe you should run over there and turn on our brand new and expensive SA-22?

Achmed : But I haven't finished my cigarette!

Muhammed : Achmed! NOW!

Achmed : I'm on it!

*pitter patter pitter patter*

BOOM!

I suppose there's a large learning curve involved in going from everyday terrorist to competent AA operator, but this particular crew failed pretty spectacularly.

And I think Russia just lost a lot more sales of their AA systems.

Video from the IDF twitter feed : https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/...607813/video/1
    The people on watch are to blame. They DON'T turn SAAMs on until the last second because the fighters can then lock radar on them and the're sitting ducks.

In Vietnam, the Wild Weasels was a USAF unit that would game it. I would have hated to be the decoy! They fly decoy to get the SAAM site to turn on, and behind the decoys were F105 Thunderchief figher-bombers waiting to pounce.
    Last edited by Gunny; 05-11-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes NightTrain, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yeah, the funny thing about that is only 4 needed to be intercepted - the other 16 failed to even make it into Israel.
    Where are Balu and his band of Bolsheviks to say this is American propaganda and all 16 missiles hit their Zionist targets?

9. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Where are Balu and his band of Bolsheviks to say this is American propaganda and all 16 missiles hit their Zionist targets?
    Go to the Middle East forum. One of those 2 threads I posted last night. They claim pretty much exactly that.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The people on watch are to blame. They DON'T turn SAAMs on until the last second because the fighters can then lock radar on them and the're sitting ducks.

In Vietnam, the Wild Weasels was a USAF unit that would game it. I would have heted to be the decoy! They fly decoy to get the SAAM site to turn on, and behind the decoys were F105 Thunderchief figher-bombers waiting to pounce.

Yep, I know how Wild Weasel works. Blasting your radar makes you a big red target.

I just thought it was funny that all of them were having a smoke break away from the system without having at least one knucklehead ready to flip the switch to defend themselves.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Yep, I know how Wild Weasel works. Blasting your radar makes you a big red target.

I just thought it was funny that all of them were having a smoke break away from the system without having at least one knucklehead ready to flip the switch to defend themselves.
    Stupid. Who knows what their orders are though. Fact is, Israel isn't playing. Money says they came in under the radar to begin with. Those Israeli pilots will fly so close to the ground I'd be scared to death they were going to knock off my helmet.

I keep wondering at what point some dumb Iranian figures out Israel isn't playing. They don't have this word game, political BS going on. You find out your ass has been hit while you're running for cover.

15. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I keep wondering at what point some dumb Iranian figures out Israel isn't playing.
    Iran has painted themselves into a corner. Their 'retaliation' ended in abject failure and it was seen by the world. Then Israel took the opportunity to further humiliate them and remove all their Syrian facilities.

If they were smart, they'd stop all hostilities and withdraw before they start losing assets in Iran, which could very possibly spark a rebellion. You can lie to the citizens about how great & powerful you are and how the war is going, but when bases start getting blown up a couple miles down the road, the gig is up.

They're about to experience crushing financial sanctions, Israel is kicking their ass, the world knows they're inept, Israel stole a half ton of their utmost top-secret original nuke documents from downtown Tehran, and I'm pretty sure that Trump wouldn't mind sending over a few B2s to blow up their Fordaw site. Things aren't looking very rosy over there.

I only see two paths forward for Iran : Either go big and try to take out Israel or wave the white flag & withdraw and start behaving.

They don't have this word game, political BS going on. You find out your ass has been hit while you're running for cover.

Pretty nice to see Israel doesn't have to worry about the USA stabbing them in the back anymore and the UN following our lead to support them in defending themselves.

It's damn nice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    those israeli pilots will fly so close to the ground i'd be scared to death they were going to knock off my helmet.
    TFR

Terrain Following Radar.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-11-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Iran has painted themselves into a corner. Their 'retaliation' ended in abject failure and it was seen by the world. Then Israel took the opportunity to further humiliate them and remove all their Syrian facilities.

If they were smart, they'd stop all hostilities and withdraw before they start losing assets in Iran, which could very possibly spark a rebellion. You can lie to the citizens about how great & powerful you are and how the war is going, but when bases start getting blown up a couple miles down the road, the gig is up.

They're about to experience crushing financial sanctions, Israel is kicking their ass, the world knows they're inept, Israel stole a half ton of their utmost top-secret original nuke documents from downtown Tehran, and I'm pretty sure that Trump wouldn't mind sending over a few B2s to blow up their Fordaw site. Things aren't looking very rosy over there.

I only see two paths forward for Iran : Either go big and try to take out Israel or wave the white flag & withdraw and start behaving.

Pretty nice to see Israel doesn't have to worry about the USA stabbing them in the back anymore and the UN following our lead to support them in defending themselves.

It's damn nice.
    One would think, right? ESPECIALLY after being admonished by France, Germany and Russia -- the three main countries trying to keep their dumbass deal alive. Not a whole lot of brain activity going on in Tehran.