Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Israel security cabinet mulls action against iran

he 12-member security cabinet met Sunday to discuss the volatile situation in the North, with some of the ministers already having advocated taking military action – not only against Iranian proxies for attacks on Israel, but against Iran itself.

The ministers heard briefings from the security establishment, but no operative decisions were announced even as Israeli officials made clear throughout the day that Jerusalem was interested in de-escalating the situation.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

Nevertheless, Education Minister Naftali Bennett, who is a member of the security cabinet, gave a speech at the annual conference of the Institute for National Security Studies (INSS) in Tel Aviv last week in which he referred to Iran as an “octopus” and said it was time for Israel to stop dealing with the tentacles of the octopus – Hamas and Hezbollah – but instead with the octopus itself.
    cont ... http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...st-Iran-542363

This might be along the lines of what @High_Plains_Drifter is talking about. An Israeli fighter was shot down last week when Israel attacked Iranian weapons emplacements in Southern Syria.

You would think Syria had enough problems without letting Iran use a proxy (Hezbollah) to redneck a fight with Israel. Syria doesn't even have control of its own country. Looks to me like everyone is doing just whatever the Hell they want.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    cont ... http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Co...st-Iran-542363

This might be along the lines of what @High_Plains_Drifter is talking about. An Israeli fighter was shot down last week when Israel attacked Iranian weapons emplacements in Southern Syria.

You would think Syria had enough problems without letting Iran use a proxy (Hezbollah) to redneck a fight with Israel. Syria doesn't even have control of its own country. Looks to me like everyone is doing just whatever the Hell they want.
    First of all, she said, Tehran is still dealing with demonstrations almost every night somewhere around the country, where the rallying cry is: “Invest in Iran, not in Lebanon, Syria and Gaza.” What happened Saturday, she said, merely shines the spotlight on the fact that the government continues to squander its treasure on military adventurism abroad, rather than supplying the needs of its citizenry at home.

“The street is not quiet in Iran,” Shine said.
    Yep... that's exactly what I was talking about.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-12-2018 at 08:45 PM.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yep... that's exactly what I was talking about.
    Israel has already re-positioned a bunch of air defense to the north (Syrian border). Using the Israel paper as a source sucks because it takes so long to load. Must be a long swim across the Med and Atlantic .

I agree with the assessment focusing on Iran. It looks to me like a half dozen countries/political entities that are NOT the Gov't of Syria have all the say in what goes on in Syria. For boldly proclaiming he intends to get every inch of original territory back, Assad doesn't seem to have much going for him. The big players are of course Iran, Israel, Turkey, Russia and the US. All with different and conflicting goals.

I don't even know how we get out of it if that was our choice. Abandon our allies, basically. Israel and the SDF. I'm sure Israel just wants us to STFU and get out of their way. The SDF will basically be annihilated if we abandon them.

Not to mention the elephant in the room -- ISIS -- the idiots we're there for, and so everyone else is supposed to be. They didn't just vanish because they were driven underground. They just no longer hold, nor are tied to, land.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Israel has already re-positioned a bunch of air defense to the north (Syrian border). Using the Israel paper as a source sucks because it takes so long to load. Must be a long swim across the Med and Atlantic .

I agree with the assessment focusing on Iran. It looks to me like a half dozen countries/political entities that are NOT the Gov't of Syria have all the say in what goes on in Syria. For boldly proclaiming he intends to get every inch of original territory back, Assad doesn't seem to have much going for him. The big players are of course Iran, Israel, Turkey, Russia and the US. All with different and conflicting goals.

I don't even know how we get out of it if that was our choice. Abandon our allies, basically. Israel and the SDF. I'm sure Israel just wants us to STFU and get out of their way. The SDF will basically be annihilated if we abandon them.

Not to mention the elephant in the room -- ISIS -- the idiots we're there for, and so everyone else is supposed to be. They didn't just vanish because they were driven underground. They just no longer hold, nor are tied to, land.
    Yeah there is no "getting out of it" for us. If we did Russia and China would swoop in and there would go our strategic ally in the middle east. I think we're there come hell or high water. But, I do think we have choices. We can let Israel fight their own war so long as they don't get wiped out. We can keep them supplied with weapons of war but not commit troops... pretty much like we've been doing, although Israel isn't technically at war with anyone, yet, even though it appears Iran has declared war on them. I don't think Iran has the capability to fight it's way out of a wet paper bag, and if they tried to use a nuke, if they have one, they'd be ensuring the destruction of their own nation. I honestly don't think ANY nation on earth is STUPID enough to use nuclear weapons, aside from the pie faced inbred retard in NOKO. That HERMIT nation is so POOR that no matter what rocket man THINKS he could do, they'd be done, washed up, fried died and laid to the side in a matter of weeks. They don't have the money or resources to fight ANY kind of a protracted war. I wouldn't be surprised that if they did commit military and money to attempt fighting a war, that the people would seize that opportunity to overthrow the pie face. Hell his own generals might even do it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Yeah there is no "getting out of it" for us. If we did Russia and China would swoop in and there would go our strategic ally in the middle east. I think we're there come hell or high water. But, I do think we have choices. We can let Israel fight their own war so long as they don't get wiped out. We can keep them supplied with weapons of war but not commit troops... pretty much like we've been doing, although Israel isn't technically at war with anyone, yet, even though it appears Iran has declared war on them. I don't think Iran has the capability to fight it's way out of a wet paper bag, and if they tried to use a nuke, if they have one, they'd be ensuring the destruction of their own nation. I honestly don't think ANY nation on earth is STUPID enough to use nuclear weapons, aside from the pie faced inbred retard in NOKO. That HERMIT nation is so POOR that no matter what rocket man THINKS he could do, they'd be done, washed up, fried died and laid to the side in a matter of weeks. They don't have the money or resources to fight ANY kind of a protracted war. I wouldn't be surprised that if they did commit military and money to attempt fighting a war, that the people would seize that opportunity to overthrow the pie face. Hell his own generals might even do it.
    I could care less if Russia moved in on Syria. They've been loosely allied since before you and I were born. I also am against removing Assad from power, which of course, the US supports. See how well that worked by removing Saddam? Same situation. We need to get off our high horse and quit telling the world how to live and take care of our own damned country that's filling up with more and more idiots. I'm not sure who we think we're fooling playing "good guy", but we're the only ones that believe it.

Iran would use a nuke. Probably faster than North Korea. They WANT to die for Allah and take us with them. Ping Pong Weeble in NK thinks he can come out a winner. What happens when delusional people get ultimate control. He thinks he'll get away with it.

I wish Turkey would attack us. I hate Turks and I'm tired of the US kissing that shithole's asses over diplomacy. The Turks openly insult and challenge us. That's an ass-kicking that's been a long time coming. However, both Turkey and Iran are not to be underestimated. Both are nationalistic as Hell and have formidable conventional forces. That unrest in Iran would go back-burner and turned on us the second we set foot on Iranian soil.

The Turks want to fight us. Bring it. Waive the retirement age for Marines first. I want to burn down my old landlord's and maid's houses around them and shoot anyone coming out the door. They thought it was funny to torment little American kids. I'm not so little anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The Turks want to fight us. Bring it. Waive the retirement age for Marines first.
    Better extend that to ALL branches. I'd put the uniform back on in a freakin' HEART BEAT.

Far as I'm concerned, we could pull our troops out of the ME completely, from everywhere, all of it, and if some muslim shit stain pulled shit here in America again, find out where they're from, go in and level the fuckin' place, COMPLETELY, leave NOTHING standing, and then leave, have a nice day, you fuck with us again, we'll do the same thing again. This OCCUPYING and NATION BUILDING is bull shit I think. Those damn muslims couldn't care less about what we're trying to do or sell them as far as DEMOCRACY. They know ONE way over there, and that's poverty, death and sharia law. We are NOT going to change them, EVER. 7 TRILLION dollars we've WASTED over there, and for WHAT? What in the HELL have we GAINED? NOTHING other than 7 TRILLION dollars wasted.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-13-2018 at 03:46 PM.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Better extend that to ALL branches. I'd put the uniform back on in a freakin' HEART BEAT.

Far as I'm concerned, we could pull our troops out of the ME completely, from everywhere, all of it, and if some muslim shit stain pulled shit here in America again, find out where they're from, go in and level the fuckin' place, COMPLETELY, leave NOTHING standing, and then leave, have a nice day, you fuck with us again, we'll do the same thing again. This OCCUPYING and NATION BUILDING is bull shit I think. Those damn muslims couldn't care less about what we're trying to do or sell them as far as DEMOCRACY. They know ONE way over there, and that's poverty, death and sharia law. We are NOT going to change them, EVER. 7 TRILLION dollars we've WASTED over there, and for WHAT? What in the HELL have we GAINED? NOTHING other than 7 TRILLION dollars wasted.
    Been saying that for years. You left out: "and if you do it again, we'll fuck you up again, and leave you pick up your teeth from the ashes ...again".

12. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Been saying that for years. You left out: "and if you do it again, we'll fuck you up again, and leave you pick up your teeth from the ashes ...again".
    I had 'er in there...

you fuck with us again, we'll do the same thing again.
    Trump is thinking about this too. He's mentioned just the other day how much money has been wasted in the US occupying the ME. He's mentioned how much good that could have done had we spent that much here in America.

Good for Trump.