Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    You will NEVER be able to substantiate your attack. NEVER. There will always be "some" reason why you won't substantiate your personal attack on my character.
    You've not substantiated anything since your arrival. The only things you've done is play games by differing names.

For some reason you seemed to think that coming into community, calling members names and disagreeing with everything said would make you credible.

I'm not seeing a lot of people line up for your style, but might happen if you keep it up?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny, OAK thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You've not substantiated anything since your arrival. The only things you've done is play games by differing names.

For some reason you seemed to think that coming into community, calling members names and disagreeing with everything said would make you credible.

I'm not seeing a lot of people line up for your style, but might happen if you keep it up?
    See? You didn't substantiate. You only made a fresh claim that I have called people on this site names. Naturally, you won't say who I called a name, and you won't post what name I called him or her. Notice how I substantiated what I am calling you on? You CANNOT substantiate your personal attack on my character.

Your next post WILL NOT be to substantiate your attack.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Lots of good feedback from many great people. The dog piling does not clarify or change my position, and I would much prefer to be schooled via stronger arguments, stronger logic and better posts.

If somebody can post something solid about how the current mask culture is not based on political propaganda, it would be far more powerful than a bunch of people dog piling me with emotionally based resentment for my commie rhetoric. I assure this community that I will put every effort into being truly objective if somebody can post how the mask culture is not based on the political agenda of my political enemies. I'll even post my logic chain as I put any posts up to objective questions.

My position is that all covid roads, including the current mask culture, lead back to the political agenda of political enemies ranging from the msm all the way to communist China. Post something that helps me understand how I am wrong, and I will keep my commie spotlight turned off for awhile.
    No one's dogpiling you. Appearances can be deceiving, wouldn't you agree?

I will also point out the one on one debate subforum down the main page a bit. You are free to get yourself hooked up and you get anyone you want that will agree all by your and their lonesome.

I've already responded directly to your "mask culture" crap. Guess you can't get schooled if you're pretending it didn't happen. Yet another lefty trait: pretend it didn't happen and go re-ask the question as if it wasn't answered.

For a self-proclaimed rightwinger, you sure got a lot of bad lefty habits.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    No one's dogpiling you. Appearances can be deceiving, wouldn't you agree?

I will also point out the one on one debate subforum down the main page a bit. You are free to get yourself hooked up and you get anyone you want that will agree all by your and their lonesome.

I've already responded directly to your "mask culture" crap. Guess you can't get schooled if you're pretending it didn't happen. Yet another lefty trait: pretend it didn't happen and go re-ask the question as if it wasn't answered.

For a self-proclaimed rightwinger, you sure got a lot of bad lefty habits.
    Maybe he's a switch-hitter.

7. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes OAK liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I refer you to post 60 for where I stand from here forward. I am shocked that you would feel labeled by my commie rhetoric, but I will stick to post 60 for now. If this community has remained small and unchanged for a long time, it may be interesting to shake things up a bit with some new stuff. Maybe not though, it may be that the same handful of people are destined for the status quo that it was before the newbie came crashing in.
    Did you label me a commie? I must have missed that. You can call me whatever trips your trigger. I guess you missed the point that I was just laughing at and poking fun at your weak tactics?

I bet you really believe you are making an impact here too? You're just giving us something new to fuck with before we break it and discard it with the rest who have tried.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks OAK thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

See? You didn't substantiate. You only made a fresh claim that I have called people on this site names. Naturally, you won't say who I called a name, and you won't post what name I called him or her. Notice how I substantiated what I am calling you on? You CANNOT substantiate your personal attack on my character.

Your next post WILL NOT be to substantiate your attack.
    Semantics. Hope you got a day job. Not only do YOU know what you are doing, but so does most everyone else on the board. You aren't as good at it as you have deluded yourself into believing.

You could be an asset to this community. So far you're just being the "ass" part. I'll ask you again to try and get along. I'm NOT the patient one here, just pretending to be. You CAN run out of time.

11. Thanks OAK thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Did you label me a commie? I must have missed that. You can call me whatever trips your trigger. I guess you missed the point that I was just laughing at and poking fun at your weak tactics?

I bet you really believe you are making an impact here too? You're just giving us something new to fuck with before we break it and discard it with the rest who have tried.
    I backed off the commie rhetoric back there in post 60, although it felt strange to self censor my true political thoughts for the benefit of a group of righties who are offended by commie rhetoric. I see that you are now asking me if I labeled you a commie, and I'd love to give you an answer. If you quote what exactly I said that made you wonder if I labeled you as a commie, I am confident that I can clear it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Semantics. Hope you got a day job. Not only do YOU know what you are doing, but so does most everyone else on the board. You aren't as good at it as you have deluded yourself into believing.

You could be an asset to this community. So far you're just being the "ass" part. I'll ask you again to try and get along. I'm NOT the patient one here, just pretending to be. You CAN run out of time.
    I am sorry that you and I have come to this point. I am doing what I can to reestablish that I respect the majority of this community, including self censoring my commie rhetoric for awhile, but I certainly cannot be forced to do much more self censoring of my genuine political thoughts out of fear of being black balled by the community. You and I as righties simply do not function like that. I would hope that you would not be interested in discouraging a fellow righty from expressing his genuine political opinion.

If you are going to take kathianne's side of our spat without actually vetting it, then you and I may have less in common than I thought. I get that you and many others are intolerant of my genuine political opinion that the current mask culture is supporting commie culture, and that many of you interpret this as meaning that I am calling mask culture members commies, but the fact here is that I have NEVER called anybody on this site a lefty or a commie. In fact, I have repetitively complimented most members as a group and individually. Right here on this thread too.

14. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Why not everyone take a breather, before it’s too late?

Plus, there’s lots more going on in the world to talk about besides COVID-19 and “to mask or not to mask“.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Likes icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

No matter how many credible experts are quoted, the source of this political propaganda appears to be wanting to convince me why everyone should be wearing masks as the title suggests, even though they did not try to convince everybody to wear masks for previous bad flu years.

I feel like my responses to the article still look too subjective, so if you have any way to point me toward some more information that supports the notion that the source is not really political agenda, I am interested.

In the interest of being objective, you may have a point that ALL news sources are tainted by politics which would mean that I have a strawman position. If this is true though, it would also mean that I am correct about how everyone who participates in the mask culture is doing so because of political propaganda. I stated right in my introduction thread that I do not trust ANY media, regardless of its bias.
    So, Ev, tell me what the commie mask culture will accomplish by convincing us to wear masks.

On another note ... why do we wear seat belts now? Which commie culture caused that to happen? Statistics? Scientific studies? Common sense?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

18. Thanks Kathianne, icansayit thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, icansayit liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    So, Ev, tell me what the commie mask culture will accomplish by convincing us to wear masks.

On another note ... why do we wear seat belts now? Which commie culture caused that to happen? Statistics? Scientific studies? Common sense?
    If you are genuinely interested in understanding what the mask culture accomplishes, I will take you through it. I detect a little friction that kathianne gave you a like for, but I am only interested in having civilized discussion.

First, we should agree that if a person wears a mask, he is wearing it because of a position that he has that is based upon political media, news, or propaganda. If maskers hold a position that is based upon what they learned from political propaganda, then they obviously bought what the political news and propaganda source was selling. Do we agree so far? There are several more parts to this, and I dont want to get too far ahead, so I'll go one more. Political news, media, and propaganda did not have us social distancing, mask wearing, destroying businesses, destroying the economy, lockdowns, or suspending constitutional rights for other similar flu years in the last hundred years. Are we in agreement on the first two items?
    Last edited by Evmetro; 05-28-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

If you are genuinely interested in understanding what the mask culture accomplishes, I will take you through it. I detect a little friction that kathianne gave you a like for, but I am only interested in having civilized discussion.

First, we should agree that if a person wears a mask, he is wearing it because of a position that he has that is based upon political media, news, or propaganda. If maskers hold a position that is based upon what they learned from political propaganda, then they obviously bought what the political news and propaganda source was selling. Do we agree so far? There are several more parts to this, and I dont want to get too far ahead, so I'll go one more. Political news, media, and propaganda did not have us social distancing, mask wearing, destroying businesses, destroying the economy, lockdowns, or suspending constitutional rights for other similar flu years in the last hundred years. Are we in agreement on the first two items?
    Why should we agree? I've repeatedly said I disagree with this premise citing my own personal reasons. Wearing because medical and scientific authorities recommended.
    No, we are not in agreement yet.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Why should we agree? I've repeatedly said I disagree with this premise citing my own personal reasons. Wearing because medical and scientific authorities recommended.
    No, we are not in agreement yet.
    Fair enough, this is what political debate and discussion is about. Most maskers really do wear them because of what medical and scientific authorities recommend, but can we agree that the political media that delivers what these authorities have to say can and will cherry pick which of them is quoted, and that the media can and will cherry pick what exactly they quote from them? Can we agree that the MSM can and will assemble whatever narrative they want using real quotes scientific and medical professionals?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

First, we should agree that if a person wears a mask, he is wearing it because of a position that he has that is based upon political media, news, or propaganda.
    Bzzzzzz, wrong again.

I couldn't care less what the leftist MSM has to say about wearing or not wearing masks. I don't believe shit from them. I certainly don't get my medical advice from politicians either. Nor any propaganda is involved in such a decision.

Why is it difficult to understand that folks all have their own rights on what to do? And that some know that certain masks will reduce the chances of breathing in the virus immensely? I think it's common sense that since we know masks will block the virus for the most part, and that chances of getting the virus are reduced by wearing one, that folks will wear it as common sense protection.

To make a mask some form of political decision is dumb, IMO.

And then imagine some elderly folks or some folks with compromised immune systems, being told that wearing a mask won't help them and they shouldn't listen to the propaganda. The mask cannot work for them when there is nothing there for it to block, correct? I don't think it's wise to discourage others from wearing one if they so choose.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

23. Thanks Black Diamond, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Fair enough, this is what political debate and discussion is about. Most maskers really do wear them because of what medical and scientific authorities recommend, but can we agree that the political media that delivers what these authorities have to say can and will cherry pick which of them is quoted, and that the media can and will cherry pick what exactly they quote from them? Can we agree that the MSM can and will assemble whatever narrative they want using real quotes scientific and medical professionals?
    and some wear them because they've noticed that many countries that have lower infections have long worn masks during viral outbreaks: South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

25. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post