Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Still Think Video Games Are Completely Harmless?

Not to mention VIRTUAL REALITY games, and if you've never tried VR, then you have no idea how real the experience is.

But video games, are they harmless, or NOT? Maybe you should watch this...

Game Over

Independent filmmaker Christopher Garetano questions the future of gaming -- and the nature of reality itself -- as he investigates if society's love affair with video games is being used to reprogram our minds.

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/...odes/game-over
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-19-2019 at 04:25 PM.

2. Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Not to mention VIRTUAL REALITY games, and if you've never tried VR, then you have no idea how real the experience is.

But video games, are they harmless, or NOT? Maybe you should watch this...

Game Over

Independent filmmaker Christopher Garetano questions the future of gaming -- and the nature of reality itself -- as he investigates if society's love affair with video games is being used to reprogram our minds.

https://www.travelchannel.com/shows/...odes/game-over
    I am way against that kind of media and production. It instills a mentality in socially-challenged
    youth to mimic and act out what they see in these productions. Absorbing that trash makes those
    people feel like they are bullet-proof super humans. Very damaging as far as I am concerned.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I am against kids wasting hours on video games or watching TV or listening to music in their room alone. Actually I'm against kids spending hours and hours of time alone.

They need interaction from peers, parents, siblings. They need to be outdoors and moving. While sports work for many, for others it might be more 'parallel play,' as in swimming, walking, skating, running, climbing, or any of tens of activities.

I don't think in and of themselves video games cause violence, just look at countries with more violent games and youths that spend considerable time playing said games-China and Japan come to mind. The difference is that kids are rarely at home in those cultures. Grandparents, if not parents are often part and parcel of the child's life.

I'd take a look at our culture of loneliness much more closely than games or movies.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

If anyone does watch that episode, it brings up the point I've made, but goes one step further. The thing is, that after hours, days, weeks, months, even years of this intense gaming where you KILL people, and if anyone here has ever experienced VIRTUAL REALITY, IN HIGH DEFINITION, in 3D, it's so close to REALITY it's SCARY. What happens to a person's brain is that they get to a point where the line between killing people in their 3D virtual reality game or in REAL LIFE is blurred. That's what makes it so EASY for them to do something like that. And take me for an example, I have a mean streak in me, but no way in hell would I ever just walk about in public somewhere mowing people down with an assault rifle, but then, I've never played these games. But these people that have, HAVE walked around cutting people down in three dimensional virtual reality with blood spurting everywhere in such realism that, pfft, when they decide to do it for real, it's not a big shocker, they've already been shooting people for years in virtual reality. Keep in mind, we're not talking some hooky looking little game with stick 2D cartoon characters in it. We're talking games in 3D, high definition, with a level of realism that would blow your mind, and evidently, it does blow minds.

Yes, I think there's DEFINITELY a correlation between these bloody, 3D, virtual reality games and all these mass shootings we've seen. Maybe it's not the ENTIRE reason for it, but I don't think we can deny it does play a part.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-19-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

And just let me get a little wild here with a conspiracy theory... what if the government WANTS kids to play these games so they'll be influenced and desensitized to go out and shoot a bunch of innocent people so that they can USE those tragedies to attack the 2nd amendment and DISARM THE PEOPLE?

Sound crazy? Well... maybe... I don't think we know the HALF of how devious our government can be.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-19-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Japan and South Korea have mass shooting problems? Video games are like a national sport for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

And just let me get a little wild here with a conspiracy theory... what if the government WANTS kids to play these games so they'll be influenced and desensitized to go out and shoot a bunch of innocent people so that they can USE those tragedies to attack the 2nd amendment and DISARM THE PEOPLE?

Sound crazy? Well... maybe... I don't think we know the HALF of how devious our government can be.
    Yes it's crazy. Get help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Japan and South Korea have mass shooting problems? Video games are like a national sport for them.
    Firearms restrictions are very stringent in both countries.

Try researching sometime.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I am against kids wasting hours on video games or watching TV or listening to music in their room alone. Actually I'm against kids spending hours and hours of time alone.

They need interaction from peers, parents, siblings. They need to be outdoors and moving. While sports work for many, for others it might be more 'parallel play,' as in swimming, walking, skating, running, climbing, or any of tens of activities.

I don't think in and of themselves video games cause violence, just look at countries with more violent games and youths that spend considerable time playing said games-China and Japan come to mind. The difference is that kids are rarely at home in those cultures. Grandparents, if not parents are often part and parcel of the child's life.

I'd take a look at our culture of loneliness much more closely than games or movies.
    Sitting down to read a book is a much more solitary and sedentary activity than playing video games - ofcourse as with all things excess can lead to problems, but few activities are as mentally intense, socially rewarding, and safe as video games.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Sitting down to read a book is a much more solitary and sedentary activity than playing video games - ofcourse as with all things excess can lead to problems, but few activities are as mentally intense, socially rewarding, and safe as video games.
    I agree with the reading activity for hours, it's not something one would want to dominate the life of a child. Like all the other choices, an average of a couple hours a day for any shouldn't be a problem for most. Like anything else in life, it's balance. American kids are spending too much time alone.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Firearms restrictions are very stringent in both countries.

Try researching sometime.
    My job here is done. You've made my point. Thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

My job here is done. You've made my point. Thank you.
    I did not make your point at all. I refuted it, meaning if someone really wants a firearm
    they will find one illegally.

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I did not make your point at all. I refuted it, meaning if someone really wants a firearm
    they will find one illegally.
    Guess it's so difficult, it's not worth the effort. Either way, video games are not the cause. It's such a lame scapegoat and so predicable that republicans would use that card. Trump mentions it and like zombie drones you guys all are nodding your heads.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Guess it's so difficult, it's not worth the effort. Either way, video games are not the cause. It's such a lame scapegoat and so predicable that republicans would use that card. Trump mentions it and like zombie drones you guys all are nodding your heads.
    If you had watched the program, you wouldn't be here spewing the same "OLD" lame leftist bull shit talking points.

There is actually MORE evidence NOW that "VIOLENT" video games that are VIRTUALLY REALISTIC 3D DO effect the brain than NOT, so once again, you're just here talking out your ass, same as Noir, the pair of little leftist bubble heads spewing crap with NO proof to back up ANYTHING you're saying.

Go pound sand
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-20-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

If you had watched the program, you wouldn't be here spewing the same "OLD" lame leftist bull shit talking points.

There is actually MORE evidence NOW that "VIOLENT" video games that are VIRTUALLY REALISTIC 3D DO effect the brain than NOT, so once again, you're just here talking out your ass, same as Noir, the pair of little leftist bubble heads spewing crap with NO proof to back up ANYTHING you're saying.

Go pound sand
    So where is you data that these mass shooters were avid VR gamers? Or are you just making shit up again? VR gaming is not that widespread yet. It's expensive.