Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Music in general

Ya know, I was a movie nut for the longest time. I watched like 366 movies per year! All horror/thriller genre usually. Like a year ago I lost interest, going through a depression, and never really got back into it. Now I just enjoy TV programs, cooking shows & some sitcoms.

But I've started cranking my tunes a lot lately, and because I was depressed. I haven't really cranked the music, sat back and enjoyed it in a long time.

Been doing so the last few nights and enjoying myself. Still like the stuff we just mentioned in the other thread: a lot of GnR, Cinderella, Poison, then a bunch of Johnny Cash stuff, then back to more 70's and 80's music. I forgot how soothing it can be at times.

I don't think my neighbors like me as of late, because there's only one true way to listen to good rock - and that's LOUD!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

GnR, Cinderella and Poison ....

No Motley Crue? Motorhead? Scorpions? And no 80s collection is complete without "Sister Christian"
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Ya know, I was a movie nut for the longest time. I watched like 366 movies per year! All horror/thriller genre usually. Like a year ago I lost interest, going through a depression, and never really got back into it. Now I just enjoy TV programs, cooking shows & some sitcoms.

But I've started cranking my tunes a lot lately, and because I was depressed. I haven't really cranked the music, sat back and enjoyed it in a long time.

Been doing so the last few nights and enjoying myself. Still like the stuff we just mentioned in the other thread: a lot of GnR, Cinderella, Poison, then a bunch of Johnny Cash stuff, then back to more 70's and 80's music. I forgot how soothing it can be at times.

I don't think my neighbors like me as of late, because there's only one true way to listen to good rock - and that's LOUD!
    They say that people that like music live longer.

I've been a hard core audiophile forever. I couldn't live without my tunes. I've had the Spotify Premium now for a couple years and absolutely love it. I'd freak out if it ever disappeared. I listen to music just about all day. Got it going right now. Hadn't listened to my Spot Weekly Picks yet, but this week was better than the last three. Saved three out of the picks. I like to go back and listen to the artists full albums.

Music soothes the savage beast...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The "man cave" setup in the shop... Denon AVR-2809CI, Bowers & Wilkins DM604 S3's, LG 55" 1080p TV, HP computer on wifi for streaming and mediacom TV hooked up, and a little Sony BDP-S590 3D bluray disc player... sounds awesome... keeps me entertained while working on projects...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-27-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    GnR, Cinderella and Poison ....

No Motley Crue? Motorhead? Scorpions? And no 80s collection is complete without "Sister Christian"
    Of course Crue and the Scorps, but never was a Motorhead fan. I listen Metallica, Megadeth and the harder stuff too, but admittedly enjoy the more mainstream 80's stuff. Used to love Bon Jovi too, grew up near them, refuse to listen anymore. Same with Bruce.

But then the theme for Phantom of the Opera may play, or Sarah Brightman, then back to Zeppelin, then some grunge from the 90's, then back to the hair bands of the 80's, then some sandman from the 50's after enter sandman from Metallica. Richie Valens, big bopper, Tom Petty & Pink Floyd. I'm all over the map! Oh, and Elvis, Elvis rules!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And this, absolutely amazing! A song by Nine Inch Nails, which Johnny Cash did and made AWESOME!! But talk about your sad songs?

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Of course Crue and the Scorps, but never was a Motorhead fan. I listen Metallica, Megadeth and the harder stuff too, but admittedly enjoy the more mainstream 80's stuff. Used to love Bon Jovi too, grew up near them, refuse to listen anymore. Same with Bruce.

But then the theme for Phantom of the Opera may play, or Sarah Brightman, then back to Zeppelin, then some grunge from the 90's, then back to the hair bands of the 80's, then some sandman from the 50's after enter sandman from Metallica. Richie Valens, big bopper, Tom Petty & Pink Floyd. I'm all over the map! Oh, and Elvis, Elvis rules!
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sarah Brightman. I have just about ALL of her CD's. Course my mother sang opera. I grew up with it so, I still like it. Phantom of the Opera is good stuff.

Cream?
    Pink Floyd?
    Dire Straits?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-27-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Man, that song is rough by Johnny. I listen to it, and it gives me tears, reminds me of me SO much, and the shit that goes through my head. I've pushed away everyone in my life. Everyone. I'm a loner. Yeah, I hurt too even if I don't show it, and there are times I do what's necessary to get away from life for a tad. But the pain, and while I tend to wallow in misery, as Johnny said, is something that is real, something I can feel. I can think that's the only reason I will torture myself at times and love listening to those types of tunes purposely, and will do quite often on end when depressed.

But I ain't no Johnny, just a guy that can relate to his loneliness, and his dealing with what is left in his life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sarah Brightman. I have just about ALL of her CD's. Course my mother sang opera. I grew up with it so, I still like it. Phantom of the Opera is good stuff.

Cream?
    Pink Floyd?
    Dire Straits?
    Floyd of course, one of the first tunes I fell in love with was by Dire Straits! Cream, just never really listened to them, even though I listened to plenty of music before my time.

Sarah Brightman is special, as is Michael Crawford. Their version of "All I ask of you" from the Phantom was my wedding song.

12. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

And this, absolutely amazing! A song by Nine Inch Nails, which Johnny Cash did and made AWESOME!! But talk about your sad songs?

I mix up my music but mine depends on what I am doing. If I'm lifting, it's metal/hard rock. Country or oldies when I'm driving. Keeps the road rage down to just cussing

And nothing will keep you awake at 3AM crossing the boring-ass desert like some rap. I HATE rap. Guaranteed I won't go to sleep. Commit vehicular homicide? Maybe. But I CAN'T sleep to that crap

When it comes to shitheads and music I use the "were they a shithead (known to me) when the music came out?" rule. I won't buy one's music. They STiLL won't play Dixie Chicks on the radio here and they're FROM HERE. Talk about not know your audience.

But if they were okay at the time and I have the music, I figure it's grandfathered. Just like Dame Elton Jane's pre-fag music. Never liked Springsteen.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Floyd of course, one of the first tunes I fell in love with was by Dire Straits! Cream, just never really listened to them, even though I listened to plenty of music before my time.

Sarah Brightman is special, as is Michael Crawford. Their version of "All I ask of you" from the Phantom was my wedding song.
    I like a very wide variety of music as well, but my staple has always been kinda mellow, and I don't focus on the words of a song all that much, I listen to the instruments and tune of the song.

Josh Groban is good too if you like Sarah.

Absolutely REFUSE to listen to any kind of RAP though... I don't consider that music.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-27-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

See, I'm more of a lyrical guy, but love the instruments too, especially some good guitar of course. But I like to listen to the music, need to be able to listen to and actually understand the lyrics and the song, which is why I had trouble with Lemmy and Motorhead! LOL Bastard just sounds like he is puking into the mic. ACE OF SPADES ACE OF SPADES!

I'm more mellow too, hence the White Lion, Cinderella, Poison, Xenon, and a ton of other 80's bands. I just hit shuffle on the MP3 player, and FF when necessary.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

See, I'm more of a lyrical guy, but love the instruments too, especially some good guitar of course. But I like to listen to the music, need to be able to listen to and actually understand the lyrics and the song, which is why I had trouble with Lemmy and Motorhead! LOL Bastard just sounds like he is puking into the mic. ACE OF SPADES ACE OF SPADES!

I'm more mellow too, hence the White Lion, Cinderella, Poison, Xenon, and a ton of other 80's bands. I just hit shuffle on the MP3 player, and FF when necessary.
    This is a good example of what I like, and it's got that little double tap on the snare beat, good guitar... excellent music to just mellow out to... just saved this one from my Spot weekly picks...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-27-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    This is a good example of what I like, and it's got that little double tap on the snare beat, good guitar... excellent music to just mellow out to... just saved this one from my Spot weekly picks...
    Just skipped through and listened to a bunch. I like that stuff too, good sound and easy listening on the ears. I like to sometimes listen to a song, and that song will then remind me of a time in my life growing up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Pretty much all this guy does is good... JD McPherson... if you like mellow...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 06-27-2018 at 08:08 PM.