Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I forgot the part of her posting on private stuff. My bad.
    The discussing of private PM's and trying to start fights with another member was one of the final things, but far from the first time she violated privacy.

Honestly? What bugged me the absolute worst? Was making the mistake of talking about bipolar illness with her, and then in private. I am STILL not going to say what she said about herself. She DID publicly claim she had bipolar as well. So I trusted in her talking about it, and shared an awful lot with her. And then several times, as in many, she would use it as a tool. She would literally quote things I sent to her and use it to somehow make fun of me for having bipolar. Then it was always with the take the meds, you forgot your meds.... And then of course, she tied in me being a bad father due to having bipolar. WTF??? She would have likely been banned at most places by that point.

A lot of folks, as in 99% of the board, doesn't always know every last detail. Like that one is a perfect example. As in why would I have been sharing such with anyone else? So I confided in someone, only to have it used against me at times as if I were a bad person. And I guess many wouldn't catch on to exactly what was going on as they are all unaware of the private things. But discussing it is one thing, quoting me is another, making fun of me is another, busting on me non-stop about medications is another and then claiming I am a bad father, somehow because I have it. I am fully aware she was nice to some people. I was one of them at one point in time.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Yeah, any claims that this is the worst board as far as personal insults or what have you , are just completely baseless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I agree with the bolded text ! I've been on several blogging sites, and never encountered one which either wasn't worse, or became worse, over time. Criticism of this site just is NOT justified ... end of story.

[Of course, if anybody would care to try & prove me wrong, let's see some evidence !]
    Well, that's why I replied as I did. I'm willing to be wrong and wouldn't be the first time!! But appears the claim was made to degrade, but then any questioning of it won't be met with a list of those that are better. If we can be the worst, then making a list should be easy, as every site one visits/participates at is then better. Either that, or it's a baseless comment.

I suppose one could just list a few sites and hope for the best, but they would be wrong. I've been a member of all of them, and still read a ton and still shake my head at many! None have a magic formula for success, or a magic formula that brings about politeness and utopia when folks discuss politics. EVERY ONE OF THEM has their fair share, and then some, of the same shit we deal with, only in larger amounts.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I don't think "both sides" want the other side silenced. I think a few conservative people who post on message boards want opposing views silenced on "THEIR" message boards, but by and large conservatives aren't out there targeting liberal speakers , trying to force them to cancel their speaking engagements. Conservatives are not forming "ANTIFA" groups that run around and beat people up for saying things they don't like. Republicans aren't passing laws making it illegal for liberals to express their opinions. I mean has any Republican to your knowledge , for example, said that churches that have opinions that that person disagrees with should lose their tax exempt status? No. Are conservative colleges charging liberal speakers 20X as much for security at an event as they charge liberal speakers? No

This is in fact why I am so adamantly opposed to THIS site having posters who oppose people who express unpopular opinions. That's not the conservative way, it's certainly not the Donald Trump way, and it is plain anti American. Leave that to the new Democrat Party.
    Amen
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I'm nowhere near as qualified to argue the toss about the detail you're trying to address as are those you're singling out for criticism, STTAB. So I'll make no real effort to get into any detail on that. I do know, though, of one instance of unbidden, undeserved libel against one individual which you, at the time, saw nothing wrong with.

You're aware that I can refer you to the detail of that, if I choose to. I do not choose to .. unless it proves necessary.

We each of us have a duty to fairness, to reputability, and that if we fail to live up to those standards .. we not only fail those in the firing-line, but especially, OURSELVES.

A Right-winger should easily be able to understand and appreciate this. A Left winger doesn't, not least in practical terms, see that in the same way, because to them, furtherance of an agenda is everything. The 'hive mind' mentality wins out, because all is subsumed to the all-important 'CAUSE' ... whatever it takes.

This is why a Leftie who is losing an argument then stoops to diversionary behaviour. Because failure, weakness, admitting error, CANNOT BE SEEN TO OCCUR.
    I don't recall the specific instance of which you refer, but as I have already admitted to being an asshole I'll readily concede that I probably was an asshole to someone when they felt like they didn't deserve it.

You see Drummond, that is the difference between me and the posters on this board who routinely run off prospective posters . I admit that yes I can be an asshole, in EVERY instance in which there was a problem with myself and another poster when approached about it by Jimmy I can guarantee you I owned up to my part in it, but those others they act like everyone else deserves whatever they get and that they themselves did nothing wrong, and then they got mad when the board didn't respond in the manner they wanted it to.

Which is my entire point in this thread. We have some members who fill like it is their right and their duty to chase off anyone who posts any opinions which are different than their own. Now certainly claims that this board is the worst of all are ridiculous, I think most of us were at one time or another on USMB which is the absolute asshole of message boards, but when posters like Kath are being made to feel like their opinions are unwanted on the board, that's not good man.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    For one example, I get a newsfeed on FB from a major Philly network. They like to post provocative news stories, and the hundreds of comments get really personal and nasty.
    Thankfully I don’t get that sort of stuff. I get breaking news from AZ and Chicago, and Hong Kong. 😂

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

D
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    The discussing of private PM's and trying to start fights with another member was one of the final things, but far from the first time she violated privacy.

Honestly? What bugged me the absolute worst? Was making the mistake of talking about bipolar illness with her, and then in private. I am STILL not going to say what she said about herself. She DID publicly claim she had bipolar as well. So I trusted in her talking about it, and shared an awful lot with her. And then several times, as in many, she would use it as a tool. She would literally quote things I sent to her and use it to somehow make fun of me for having bipolar. Then it was always with the take the meds, you forgot your meds.... And then of course, she tied in me being a bad father due to having bipolar. WTF??? She would have likely been banned at most places by that point.

A lot of folks, as in 99% of the board, doesn't always know every last detail. Like that one is a perfect example. As in why would I have been sharing such with anyone else? So I confided in someone, only to have it used against me at times as if I were a bad person. And I guess many wouldn't catch on to exactly what was going on as they are all unaware of the private things. But discussing it is one thing, quoting me is another, making fun of me is another, busting on me non-stop about medications is another and then claiming I am a bad father, somehow because I have it. I am fully aware she was nice to some people. I was one of them at one point in time.
    It’s easy to forget what didn’t happen to ourselves.

For the record, I’ve known few dads as caring as yourself.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I have about nearly 200 friends on facebook. I'm also a member of a few political groups of which I don't even participate in. I like to just sit back and read the comments. There will be someone who will post an article, and doesn't matter if left or right, and it ends up with like 200-500 replies! A lot of it can be decent in the beginning, but then devolves into crap of course, and then sometimes folks end up in FB jail!! LOL I've been a good boy, never once banned on FB or whatever. I never saw much the point as it's such an open aired place that even employers will have access to.

13. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just as a further example of how this board isn't even close to one of the worst in terms of anytihing. I was once banned on USMB for 24 hours by the poster known as Oddball, reason given was "fuck you asshole" I kid you not in the least, he didn't even bother trying to pretend I had broken a rule. Gunny was the admin at the time and reversed it within a day, but for 24 hours I was banned for "fuck you asshole" LOL

What's hilarious is I've actually lost track of how many I was infracted or banned for made up bullshit over there and everyone knows that is true and now years later the reason given if anyone asks is "are you kidding , look at how many times he's been banned?" never mind the fact that they were all bullshit . I mean who gets banned for making a joke about someone crying about their cat that's been dead for 10 years? Yep, me. A moderator over there decided that pets were family and so making someone of someone over their overreaction to a dead pet was violation of the no flaming family rule and I got banned.

Noir just doesn't know what he's talking about when he says DP is the worst board out there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    D
    It’s easy to forget what didn’t happen to ourselves.

For the record, I’ve known few dads as caring as yourself.
    I think you know me. I may brag about liking boobies or dumb stuff, and maybe on a rarity like to state I'm decent with working on computers. Otherwise, I don't brag, I don't have reason to, IMO. As far as being a Dad, I just try my best. SO MANY things that my parents and other parents taught me and warned me about. But nothing will ever prepare you for the simple daily life, and taking what comes at you and doing your best. By no means am I even an honorable mention in a Dad's contest, but also by no means was I ever tossed out of the club. And the kid is about to turn 19 on Nov. 28th, and I am still the same. And every day I question everything I do, and try to make the best decisions. But then I question myself anyway and am always left wondering whether or not I did the right thing, or did I mess up somewhere? I guess we never really know for sure. I would feel better if the kid was in medical school, or already made great money... instead I am still left lingering in the wondering stage and ever hopeful - and I keep pushing and trying as a father.

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Honestly, she posted a picture that was supposed to be her. IF it was, she was flat chested, but a pretty girl. But then she posted another down the road, which was obviously a different person. I don't believe either one after that.
    I really don’t want to discuss this, but I was remembering the same exact thing. STTAB either she sent you private pics, or you are lucid dreaming.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Just as a further example of how this board isn't even close to one of the worst in terms of anytihing. I was once banned on USMB for 24 hours by the poster known as Oddball, reason given was "fuck you asshole" I kid you not in the least, he didn't even bother trying to pretend I had broken a rule. Gunny was the admin at the time and reversed it within a day, but for 24 hours I was banned for "fuck you asshole" LOL

What's hilarious is I've actually lost track of how many I was infracted or banned for made up bullshit over there and everyone knows that is true and now years later the reason given if anyone asks is "are you kidding , look at how many times he's been banned?" never mind the fact that they were all bullshit . I mean who gets banned for making a joke about someone crying about their cat that's been dead for 10 years? Yep, me. A moderator over there decided that pets were family and so making someone of someone over their overreaction to a dead pet was violation of the no flaming family rule and I got banned.

Noir just doesn't know what he's talking about when he says DP is the worst board out there.
    He's going quiet on backing himself up it appears thus far. Likely has some clients on the hot burner as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I think you know me. I may brag about liking boobies or dumb stuff, and maybe on a rarity like to state I'm decent with working on computers. Otherwise, I don't brag, I don't have reason to, IMO. As far as being a Dad, I just try my best. SO MANY things that my parents and other parents taught me and warned me about. But nothing will ever prepare you for the simple daily life, and taking what comes at you and doing your best. By no means am I even an honorable mention in a Dad's contest, but also by no means was I ever tossed out of the club. And the kid is about to turn 19 on Nov. 28th, and I am still the same. And every day I question everything I do, and try to make the best decisions. But then I question myself anyway and am always left wondering whether or not I did the right thing, or did I mess up somewhere? I guess we never really know for sure. I would feel better if the kid was in medical school, or already made great money... instead I am still left lingering in the wondering stage and ever hopeful - and I keep pushing and trying as a father.
    We all do our best, then it’s up to them. Show me a perfect parent, I’ll show you a perfect liar. It’s always the case of ‘if only... ‘ which is really thinking our mistakes are more important than what we did right. We’re human, like it or not. So are our kids, they have to fly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That was inexcusable

-Abbey

21. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I don't recall the specific instance of which you refer, but as I have already admitted to being an asshole I'll readily concede that I probably was an asshole to someone when they felt like they didn't deserve it.

You see Drummond, that is the difference between me and the posters on this board who routinely run off prospective posters . I admit that yes I can be an asshole, in EVERY instance in which there was a problem with myself and another poster when approached about it by Jimmy I can guarantee you I owned up to my part in it, but those others they act like everyone else deserves whatever they get and that they themselves did nothing wrong, and then they got mad when the board didn't respond in the manner they wanted it to.

Which is my entire point in this thread. We have some members who fill like it is their right and their duty to chase off anyone who posts any opinions which are different than their own. Now certainly claims that this board is the worst of all are ridiculous, I think most of us were at one time or another on USMB which is the absolute asshole of message boards, but when posters like Kath are being made to feel like their opinions are unwanted on the board, that's not good man.
    ..... I'm halfway tempted to try out USMB ....

This little debate is one which neither of us is likely to do justice to. To examine the rights or wrongs of what you're claiming, I'm sure it'd be necessary to examine specific details.

I'd suggest a couple of perspectives, though.

One ... a Right wing forum (or predominantly so) will feel 'like home' to some. A little sanctuary of sanity in an otherwise eroding social order .. where cherished standards are being forever chipped away at. Those who'll feel this way can't be blamed for not being overly welcoming towards Left-wing agitators into their environment.

Two ... there's a sense of patriotism, national identity, in many Right wing Americans, and a sense of affrontery is only going to be natural when it's intruded upon by those who THINK they know better, when in fact they do not.

I've total sympathy with that, STTAB. I respect it.

I approach this forum as a Right winger who's supremely confident in what he believes in, and what he stands for. I will argue accordingly. I'll happily do that, to exhaustion if need be, because I believe that my ideas, perspectives, sheer faith in Right wing thinking, will serve me well, BUT, if they don't, then it'd be necessary to concede.

This, to me, is the only proper way to proceed.

BUT, that's just me. Others make of this forum what they choose.

They have that right, surely, STTAB ? Don't they have the right to post with honesty, according to what they feel is justified ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I really don’t want to discuss this, but I was remembering the same exact thing. STTAB either she sent you private pics, or you are lucid dreaming.

She never sent me anything lurid or inappropriate. For starters, I"d NEVER disrespect my wife by receiving such, but we were sort of friends, and exchanged some family pics. She wasn't flat chested. Petite yes, but not flat chested, and small as they were they were nice.