Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Change starts at the top. If the board needs changes, the mods need to set the example. I don't think calling for the posters to behave will do any good, unless the mods behave too. One liner insult posts, that I've seen here by mods, aren't going to encourage posters to be civil to eachother. Change starts at the bottom too. That's the seed I've planted. If it's to grow, the staff must water it.
    Optimist.

Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Whining and complaining........doesn't look good on anybody..

then why do you do it?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    welcome to the cess pool... but... in all fairness, even tho these cess pool denizens don't deserve fairness... it's the same on lefty boards... the lefties will rip the lone rightwinged poster or two, new ones every chance they get... mods too...

the ONLY way to not be subjected to partisan moderators is to choose your boards carefully... choose the large boards, I can give you a few sites if you'd like them... just PM me...

OR not care when they shitcan you and/or your posts.
    That never happens here. Liberals are NEVER targeted nor flamed for their political beliefs. They ARE, however, flamed when they are being idiots. We've had a HOST of reasonable, articulate, and NON-hateful Libs on this board. Unfortunately, I'd say the MAJORITY of libs here now are NOT respectful nor worthy of consideration as an 'honest debater'. The best part of this board is it's NON-partisan Moderation.

It boils down to this, Lib or Conservative - being an asshole will get you banned/disciplined.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    This fucking cracks me up, libs complaining about bias again, there is no bias on this board, nobody has ever been banned for opinions contrary to a mod.
    really? where's grumpy? or jillian for that matter? she was a moderator too and now she's no longer here... why is that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and since most conservatives see liberal views as being idiotic, liberals are flamed for their views. Might wana take those tinted shades off dmp.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    really? where's grumpy? or jillian for that matter? she was a moderator too and now she's no longer here... why is that?
    Grump and Jillian violated the terms of the board. Grump REFUSED to back off his incessant flaming of a Moderator. Their leaving had NOTHING to do with their political beliefs. It's simply nauseatingly dishonest to claim they aren't here because they are liberals.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuc View Post
    My attitude towards these things is don't say anything on the web that you wouldn't have the balls to say to someone's face. And looking at his personality type it's almost certain that he's a poser. In reality he lets people push him around so he comes here and somehow thinks he can make up for that by being a foulmouthed hysterical punk.
    laffs... if I hadn't already repped you for your last post I would now for this one.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    and since most conservatives see liberal views as being idiotic liberals are flamed for their views. Might wana take those tinted shades off dmp.
    Right - but nobody is banned for being an idiot. They get banned/moderated against for being 'assholes'. Phsycho is an idiot, IMO, but he's rarely an asshole. Thus, he's rarely moderated-against.

See how that works? If MORE libs would present their viewpoints with honor and a bit of tact, and less HATE, they'd get flamed less by the Conservative members, AND I'd spend less time trying to clean up the mess.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so you all gona get a new liberal mod to get rid of any valid claims of partisan moderation. If not, the claims will go on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    No anger, Nuc....well except towards stupid people, i'm just foulmouthed gutter trash who don't give a shit and that makes me as happy as a clam.
    laffs... you have finally said something I agree with...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    If MORE libs would present their viewpoints with honor and a bit of tact, and less HATE, they'd get flamed less by the Conservative members, AND I'd spend less time trying to clean up the mess.
    doubt that with this bunch, maybe less but they would still be flamed and it's human nature to flame back.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

so you all gona get a new liberal mod to get rid of any valid claims of partisan moderation. If not, the claims will go on.
    No - I don't CARE about the claims. WHINING about bias which does NOT exist is NOT a way to get what you want. That's ONE fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals. Liberals tend to whine-whine-whine (or sue) to get their way.

Claim-away, but know that your claims are transparently false. Nobody buys it.

I can think of a few Libs here who'd be good mods...if we needed more mods.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

doubt that with this bunch, maybe less but they would still be flamed and it's human nature to flame back.
    Simply untrue. You lack the age to know what it 'used to be like' when USMB had many GOOD, articulate Liberals, but trust me when I say, 80% of flaming here is by libs when a conserv. disagrees, even respectfully.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think quite a few people buy it. IE nearly all the liberal posters here. Ya think conservatives are going to complain about conservative mod bias or even see it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Simply untrue. You lack the age to know what it 'used to be like' when USMB had many GOOD, articulate Liberals, but trust me when I say, 80% of flaming here is by libs when a conserv. disagrees, even respectfully.
    I don't find myself hardly ever flaming so it ain't me. As for others, who knows I don't read threads that drag on and on same ol flamefest.