Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Too bad. What a total disappointment from all of you.
    Oh, and Btw, you can still have my Bud Light!! Or my Coke, or Pepsi. Or even the food off my plate. I still love you, man!!

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    C'mon, we're not bad people, nor being racist, just having some fun at the expense of politically correct and the lack of right for people not to be offended. Ok, I should just say myself, not FJ, I dragged him into it.

This is what I'm saying. You see "me" as a disappointment as a result of using the word, both as a reference, and as humor. The reference I'll never understand. The humor I can sorta see, but it's based off of a movie, and is said all the time, so me saying it shouldn't be much different - but people let it be much different.

Did you have the same disappointment when Archie Bunker used the word? Or when he called them coons? Or colored? And if not, why not?

Archie Bunker was a Fictional Character on a 70's television show. Because he used those words on television DIDN'T MAKE IT RIGHT, nor did it give ME, or anyone else permission to use those words...which they do, so freely today...and still call anyone whom they dislike, or who isn't their color...RACISTS.
    How does anyone honestly expect to solve, or even communicate with one-another when using such language instantly STOPS all attempts to honestly speak one-on-one?

My late father had a saying "If I stick my head in the heater. Does that mean it's okay for you to stick yours in the heater?"

TWO WRONGS still...never make a RIGHT.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Archie Bunker was a Fictional Character on a 70's television show. Because he used those words on television DIDN'T MAKE IT RIGHT, nor did it give ME, or anyone else permission to use those words...which they do, so freely today...and still call anyone whom they dislike, or who isn't their color...RACISTS.
    How does anyone honestly expect to solve, or even communicate with one-another when using such language instantly STOPS all attempts to honestly speak one-on-one?

My late father had a saying "If I stick my head in the heater. Does that mean it's okay for you to stick yours in the heater?"

TWO WRONGS still...never make a RIGHT.
    Obviously we just disagree on the matter. That's cool. I simply don't think that the manner in which I sometimes use it is "wrong". You do, and I can appreciate that. Unfortunately though, in this world, we pretty much don't have a right 'not' to be offended.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

We disagree then. After those words are banned, then next will be fuck, bitch, jerk, asshole, dickhead.... People have a right to be assholes and/or racists. I use some words as reference material or repeating, and some just because I'm an angry bastard at times.

I see a huge difference in myself using it as a comparison of sorts, and a rapper speaking the word about how great he is, before he speaks of bitches and raping women.
    If we banned all those words, we couldn't talk about you any more!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Interesting thread and reading people's opinions about words. I suppose it has a bit to do with the culture one grew up in? Saying the n-word is not a big deal in my neck of the woods.

The one word I despise more than any other is the f-word. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I view the usage of the f-word as tasteless.

I also hate it when someone uses the G-D phrase.

So, while person A's most despicable word is the n-word, person B's most despicable word is the f-word. Someone else despises the c-word and someone else dislikes G-D. We all have words and phrases that we think shouldn't be used.

7. Thanks jimnyc, Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    Interesting thread and reading people's opinions about words. I suppose it has a bit to do with the culture one grew up in? Saying the n-word is not a big deal in my neck of the woods.

The one word I despise more than any other is the f-word. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I view the usage of the f-word as tasteless.

I also hate it when someone uses the G-D phrase.

So, while person A's most despicable word is the n-word, person B's most despicable word is the f-word. Someone else despises the c-word and someone else dislikes G-D. We all have words and phrases that we think shouldn't be used.
    Oh man, put me on ignore now then if you hate the F word! LOL Well, even that one I try to use F, or WTF, or effing....

But yes, you're absolutely correct. Different strokes for different folks. While members here have the ability to place others on ignore, I wish they had the ability to self censor certain words and make them disappear, while still remaining for others.

9. Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I think there should be a course called:

"Your friend- the Adjective"
    Subtitled: How to describe something without using those four-letter words- yes, it is possible!"

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Oh man, put me on ignore now then if you hate the F word! LOL Well, even that one I try to use F, or WTF, or effing....

But yes, you're absolutely correct. Different strokes for different folks. While members here have the ability to place others on ignore, I wish they had the ability to self censor certain words and make them disappear, while still remaining for others.
    I am not here a lot, but I have not noticed f-words. F, or WTF, or effing, is not the same as saying the word outright.

It seems that people are nice here, at least most people, and are not too much in someone's face.

12. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I am not here a lot, but I have not noticed f-words. F, or WTF, or effing, is not the same as saying the word outright.

It seems that people are nice here, at least most people, and are not too much in someone's face.
    We're a smaller board. Almost everyone here knows everyone from another board, or many of us have been posting together for quite a few years. I think, like family, we have our share of fights and disagreements, and that's when the naughty words come out. But we're all still family. And while we slip on occasion, we're all decent people. Anyone here JUST to insult or cause mayhem wouldn't last, and trust me, they HAVE been here before! LOL

14. Thanks Perianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

We're a smaller board. Almost everyone here knows everyone from another board, or many of us have been posting together for quite a few years. I think, like family, we have our share of fights and disagreements, and that's when the naughty words come out. But we're all still family. And while we slip on occasion, we're all decent people. Anyone here JUST to insult or cause mayhem wouldn't last, and trust me, they HAVE been here before! LOL
    That's the kind of forum I like. A small, close knit group of people who genuinely like each other and have respect even in disagreement.

There are only two problems I see with me posting here:

1. None of you really know me, so I am an outsider.

2. Kathianne might not like someone else with the -ianne on the end of her name.

16. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That's the kind of forum I like. A small, close knit group of people who genuinely like each other and have respect even in disagreement.

2. Kathianne might not like someone else with the -ianne on the end of her name.
    Everyone here started the same at one point. The only way we can get to know someone is by their own posts, opinions and sharing. Since you're still here after 80+ posts, I'd say you're doing just fine. And you have a UK jersey, which means you'll get special treatment compared to the rest. Ok, I kid, I kid. But you obviously have good taste in sports/schools!

18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
    "Subhuman mongrel" comes to mind.
    Are you a "mongrel"? I am and its a point of pride that I point to being of English, Native American, Irish, German/Dutch and Viking heritage. Is Obama a mongrel? Hell yes. But that's not important what is important is that he is a sorry excuse for a human too. However, he would only be "subhuman" if he sinks to the level of being a murdering terrorist murdering people for the sole purpose to instill fear! He has not done that! At least not yet! Although I have no delusion that he is not capable of it.. For I'd bet my life he is.... That's called absolute conviction based upon reality, past life experiences and unbreakable principles. I am sure you disagree but matters not a whit to me as I know its the truth.. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I think I've read every post you have made here. From that I can make a value judgment and feel safe to say you have good moral principles, are solid in your defense of justice and willing to be kind and considerate. What more needs to be known by people that value highly those attributes? Post more and we get to know you more. And Kat being such a fine person(imo) likely thinks your name just fine. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

21. Thanks Perianne, jimnyc, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Are you a "mongrel"? I am and its a point of pride that I point to being of English, Native American, Irish, German/Dutch and Viking heritage. Is Obama a mongrel? Hell yes. But that's not important what is important is that he is a sorry excuse for a human too. However, he would only be "subhuman" if he sinks to the level of being a murdering terrorist murdering people for the sole purpose to instill fear! He has not done that! At least not yet! Although I have no delusion that he is not capable of it.. For I'd bet my life he is.... That's called absolute conviction based upon reality, past life experiences and unbreakable principles. I am sure you disagree but matters not a whit to me as I know its the truth.. --Tyr
    I have some American Indian blood in my family, forget which tribe (maybe Jeff will remember). A lot of German and a lot of Polish. A little bit of of Slovak, I thought Czech too. Maybe I'll ask my Dad, I think Jeff and I are too retarded to remember. But yeah, we referred to ourselves as "mutts", which I think they use to refer to mixed breed dogs. Maybe a politer way of saying subhuman? But I think mostly German. My last name is apparently fairly popular in Germany. I've never been there though, nor do I know of a single family member that's ever been there. For that fact, the same applies for all of the others in my blood. Now I feel orphaned. Thank you for adopting me, America!

Too much coffee, ya think?

23. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I use FF a lot but almost always when speaking of the scum Obama and any other verifiable scum. My wife hates the word so we have a deal where I pay her a dollar every time I say it and she hears me. Paid her once this year already, have learned to speak in whispers and our intimate time has been renamed to --"lets go do some monkey dancing darling" Also had to demand my writing on this forum using the abbreviation not be included in the compromise we made . She sometimes ,especially when I am laughing , comes over to read the posts I am making. Which kind of irks me at times because she asks for explanations that divert my attention from the task at hand. Of course being wise I patiently explain so as to keep her in a good mood. I know bread buttered correctly is a goooooooooooood thing... -Tyr