Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Update on this: as a result of this confrontation, Joe Rogan has been banned from The Comedy Store and his agent dropped him. His agent is also Carlos Mencia's agent. Hmmmm.....

And, just to hate a little more:
    He's a great performer, for sure.
    No way. To each his own, of course, but Mencia's super-angry rant style peaked with Denis Leary's No Cure for Cancer in 1991. Then again, Leary stole quite a bit of material from Bill Hicks, so he's not great either. On top of that is the fact that Mencia must constantly remind you that what he says is shocking or controversial. He talks down to the audience in a big way.

Wanna know a comedian who's a terrible writer, but a great performer? Dane Cook. I can't think of anything dude's ever said that's made me laugh out loud, but I have no problem watching a 90 minute standup show of his on HBO.
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Update on this: as a result of this confrontation, Joe Rogan has been banned from The Comedy Store and his agent dropped him. His agent is also Carlos Mencia's agent. Hmmmm.....

And, just to hate a little more:

No way. To each his own, of course, but Mencia's super-angry rant style peaked with Denis Leary's No Cure for Cancer in 1991. Then again, Leary stole quite a bit of material from Bill Hicks, so he's not great either. On top of that is the fact that Mencia must constantly remind you that what he says is shocking or controversial. He talks down to the audience in a big way.

Wanna know a comedian who's a terrible writer, but a great performer? Dane Cook. I can't think of anything dude's ever said that's made me laugh out loud, but I have no problem watching a 90 minute standup show of his on HBO.
    I suppose the talking down thing I look past. You're certainly more of a comedic purist, so I can sympathize with your distaste for Carlos. I don't find Dane Cook particularly entertaining... I think the I-gotta-be-like-the-next-guy mentality in college has helped his success.
    God bless America, but she stole the "b" from bless.