Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I got a question or two. And a couple points. Guitars for which vets? The ones here, or overseas? We got enough junk to haul around without a guitar hanging off the pack.

I also have to ask do y'all ever ask the vets what they want? I realize the intentions are good, but don't send cookies. They end up as crumbs.

What's worth its weight in gold is powdered Gatorade. Instant coffee. Pictures from home.

I'm just wondering about the arbitrary. I'm left handed. You hand me a stock guitar guess what?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I got a question or two. And a couple points. Guitars for which vets? The ones here, or overseas? We got enough junk to haul around without a guitar hanging off the pack.

I also have to ask do y'all ever ask the vets what they want? I realize the intentions are good, but don't send cookies. They end up as crumbs.

What's worth its weight in gold is powdered Gatorade. Instant coffee. Pictures from home.

I'm just wondering about the arbitrary. I'm left handed. You hand me a stock guitar guess what?
    Restring it...??
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Restring it...??
    Yeah but they look pretty stupid with the pick guard over the top.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

They have weekly lessons, then they have things like monthly jam sessions. It's for vets not service members. I've only been to this open mic and met some folks, but you take lessons for a while, then they give you an acoustic guitar.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GravyBoat View Post
    They have weekly lessons, then they have things like monthly jam sessions. It's for vets not service members. I've only been to this open mic and met some folks, but you take lessons for a while, then they give you an acoustic guitar.
    What's the difference between a service member and a vet? I thought we were all the same. My point is why don't you take the guy/gal out to dinner. I was the only guy in my company that could pick guitar. We ALL knew how to eat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

What's the difference between a service member and a vet? I thought we were all the same. My point is why don't you take the guy/gal out to dinner. I was the only guy in my company that could pick guitar. We ALL knew how to eat.
    Is that an invitation to buy me dinner? I accept.