Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    ...the teachings on the Pope are not that he is infallible in any manner other than regarding the teachings of Christ. He's not infallible as a man, as a priest...
    That is interesting. Speaking as a non-Catholic, I have to say I did not realize that - I thought that Catholics considered the Pope infallible in general. How are people to know when the Pope is speaking based on the teaching of Christ, and when he is just speaking in general?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    That is interesting. Speaking as a non-Catholic, I have to say I did not realize that - I thought that Catholics considered the Pope infallible in general. How are people to know when the Pope is speaking based on the teaching of Christ, and when he is just speaking in general?
    As with most Catholic law or law in general, it’s complicated. Infallibility only pertains to issues concerning Jesus’s teachings, so something HE said or did.

Not or eating meat or dietary laws or Old Testament stuff. Not possible to explain and I’m no expert. But things like holy days, behaviors, are changeable. Like executive orders if you will.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill