Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

In recognition of our international membership, and to pay homage to our Brit friends in particular, I'd say instead of "piss off", we make it "bugger off".

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Hey, look at that, now I don't have to hide and act like I don't know your name! LOL But hell, even on the phone I call you Gunny.

What link? Yahoo has loaded fine for me all day, it's my homepage.
    1, I hate yahoo.

2, I'll try to cross reference this ,,, you know how many names troops call you when they think you can't here them running their little sucks? They got a lot of adverbs in their vocabulary. You should get that being the owner here. Crap they STILL talk sh*t about me at USMB and it's been what ... 6 years or so since I ran it? People who don't even know me and weren't there talk sh*t about me.

I just said screw it and quit even bothering to defend myself. Hell, I wish I was half as good as I get accused of being. Apparently I spent all my time screwing women, gathering up all these photos I am apparently the only one that's never seen .... What was that line from William Wallace ? Is 10' tall and craps lightning bolts out of his arse? Yeah, that's me. Half the size I was 5 months ago and live in my daughter's upstairs room. I'm right on top of all that. Even back then, I worked 8-10 hours a day and worked out for an hour nd a half. Add eating, shaving and all that crap in ... I must have been a busy fellow.

Calling me a name rolls right off the field jacket.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    1, I hate yahoo.
    I've used them as my homepage for like 15 years now! But they lean FAR left. But they also feed tons of stories from other agencies around the world. And I like their sports section.

2, I'll try to cross reference this ,,, you know how many names troops call you when they think you can't here them running their little sucks? They got a lot of adverbs in their vocabulary. You should get that being the owner here. Crap they STILL talk sh*t about me at USMB and it's been what ... 6 years or so since I ran it? People who don't even know me and weren't there talk sh*t about me.
    Someone over there supposedly mentioned me not long ago, and I haven't done anything really as 'me' since 2007!!! I'm sure if I logged in as jimnyc and posted I would get bombarded with hate!

I just said screw it and quit even bothering to defend myself. Hell, I wish I was half as good as I get accused of being. Apparently I spent all my time screwing women, gathering up all these photos I am apparently the only one that's never seen .... What was that line from William Wallace ? Is 10' tall and craps lightning bolts out of his arse? Yeah, that's me. Half the size I was 5 months ago and live in my daughter's upstairs room. I'm right on top of all that. Even back then, I worked 8-10 hours a day and worked out for an hour nd a half. Add eating, shaving and all that crap in ... I must have been a busy fellow.

Calling me a name rolls right off the field jacket.
    I'll defend myself here, we're a very small hangout. But if I'm mentioned elsewhere I likely just shrug it off. I'm not going into that chaotic nuthouse anymore.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've used them as my homepage for like 15 years now! But they lean FAR left. But they also feed tons of stories from other agencies around the world. And I like their sports section.

Someone over there supposedly mentioned me not long ago, and I haven't done anything really as 'me' since 2007!!! I'm sure if I logged in as jimnyc and posted I would get bombarded with hate!

I'll defend myself here, we're a very small hangout. But if I'm mentioned elsewhere I likely just shrug it off. I'm not going into that chaotic nuthouse anymore.

They make no sense. I can stay but can't use the name Gunny when once word got out every damned body knew who I was. And if you say the name :Gunny" you are banned for talking about a banned member. And yes, I was just trying to hide and play videos. I didn't want anything to do with anyone. The blond woman that comes on here once a year outted me because of the songs I posted. I can't remember her userid name.

I logged in about a week ago out of sheer boredom. Sad part is nothing has changed. Same morons saying the same things they were 10 years ago.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Not sure I'm on board with the whole negative line of respones, logging on to a batch of 'piss off' notifications ain't something anybody wants. But if it's generally agreed that that's what this place needs then fair enough.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

7. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Not sure I'm on board with the whole negative line of respones, logging on to a batch of 'piss off' notifications ain't something anybody wants. But if it's generally agreed that that's what this place needs then fair enough.
    I hear you. I fear some will just give a 'piss off' to anything they disagree with. Personally on that I'd consider the source.

I like the idea of possibly using for some of the troll posts or something I find offensive. Troll posts in my opinion don't require a response, offensive posts-let's say basic racism, I'd likely post a reply to.

Neg rep to me is basically 'I hate you,' it's personal. Thus, I don't do that or at least haven't for years, probably MaineMan?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I honestly pay little attention to it. Thanks is meant as a fix to the rep system. You weren't around when rep-whoring was the thing to do for lefties. And I mean no offense to you nor your politics. I am explaining a situation. I had to go in and completely re-do the settings on USMB to stop that crap. There ARE people who for some reason live for their messagboard rep and crylike babies over it.

Thanks WAS a lot easier until a certain knucklehead had to go and screw with it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I don't see the difference between thanking a post and liking a post. Seems like they serve the same function.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I hear you. I fear some will just give a 'piss off' to anything they disagree with. Personally on that I'd consider the source.

I like the idea of possibly using for some of the troll posts or something I find offensive. Troll posts in my opinion don't require a response, offensive posts-let's say basic racism, I'd likely post a reply to.

Neg rep to me is basically 'I hate you,' it's personal. Thus, I don't do that or at least haven't for years, probably MaineMan?
    Exactly, my first 'piss off' received was for asking someone to expand on a statement they made (I wasn't even being sarcastic ) they didn't otherwise reply. To me that seems an awful lot like trolling - for it should be considered that they did nothing except quote the post made and reply with "Piss off." I don't understand why people want that feature.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I don't see the difference between thanking a post and liking a post. Seems like they serve the same function.
    Just to get gabriella up to snuff ... people playing with toys.

13. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Exactly, my first 'piss off' received was for asking someone to expand on a statement they made (I wasn't even being sarcastic ) they didn't otherwise reply. To me that seems an awful lot like trolling - for it should be considered that they did nothing except quote the post made and reply with "Piss off." I don't understand why people want that feature.
    THAT is why I don't like it. You can say what you want about me, but I have never neg repped you and won't tell you to piss off. Unless I say it to your face. And whoever wants to get pissed at me can, but it's a cheap tool to backstab people instead of confronting them.

Of course we got a laundry list of lefties that won't confront others. SO don't come whining to me about a tool tailored for YOU.

15. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I can conceive of thanking a post because it is a stimulating one to debate with ... even if I strongly disagree with it. But I'm hardly likely to 'like' a post which opposes what I think is right !
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I see your point to some extent, though I also can't agree. The simple fact of the matter is that the response anyone chooses to make to a post they see, is theirs to make (and for others to comprehend) ... and surely not for you to govern the detail of the response which is chosen.

The feature we're discussing can be used in a particular way according to the choice of the user. This is as it should be.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

And you care?
    Everybody has own vision on anything and has a right to express his/her thoughts this or that way. It is normal. We in Russia see it everyday in our Mass Media and are accustomed to this.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

But there is a difference. You may thank for the response post, indicating you've read it, and you may also like the context of the post you marked.
    Last edited by Balu; 01-14-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    Indifferent alike to praise or blame
    Give heed, O Muse, but to the voice Divine
    Fearing not injury, nor seeking fame,
    Nor casting pearls to swine.
    (A.Pushkin)