Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    He will not be removed from office, but regardless of how his supporters feel regarding his not using 'race' in his tweets, most people think at best this fight added to the country's problems. They find the whole mess, 'un-American.' Now it's about to get worse, with 'impeachment' being thrown into everyday discussion. I see no way that this will be good for the country and it was not necessary to pick this fight. One undeniable truth, it certainly is shaking things up.

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...s-impeachment/

Update: I wonder if that’s what Pelosi has in mind:

NBC News
    @NBCNews

Rep. Al Green says the US House will vote between 4:30-5 p.m. ET today on his articles of impeachment for President Trump; it remains unclear if Democratic leadership will move to vote to table the resolution, vote to send to cmte. or vote to proceed with the resolution.

7:06 AM - Jul 17, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

99 people are talking about this

As noted above, they have to do something within two days, so all of the options are available.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

and the squad continues with Pelosi in any case:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._of_color.html

They are 'victims' and on the front...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

NBC News
    @NBCNews

Rep. Al Green says the US House will vote between 4:30-5 p.m. ET today on his articles of impeachment for President Trump; it remains unclear if Democratic leadership will move to vote to table the resolution, vote to send to cmte. or vote to proceed with the resolution.

7:06 AM - Jul 17, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

99 people are talking about this

As noted above, they have to do something within two days, so all of the options are available.

Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th time this moron has introduced articles of impeachment? Who keeps reelecting these useless twats?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

NBC News
    @NBCNews

7:06 AM - Jul 17, 2019.

and another update:

Update: Politics makes strange bedfellows. According to Politico, House Republicans might side with Green — on the procedural motions, anyway:

House leaders are likely to sideline Green’s measure with their own procedural vote: either moving to table his articles and delay them or to bottle them up in the Judiciary Committee. Green has said he’ll oppose either move, but a majority of Democrats are expected to side with leadership.

Republicans are likely to join Democrats in moving to derail the measure, but Democrats are warily watching to see if Republicans consider any procedural trickery and join Green in opposing a delay and forcing the House to take an up-or-down vote on the articles of impeachment.

The shorter version of this is: Will Republicans pounce? And it’s not at all clear that sending the bill to Judiciary would “bottle up” anything. Nadler’s been agitating for impeachment too, although he’s been loyal to Pelosi in public. But this has all the earmarks of a very fun afternoon, so stay tuned.

Meanwhile, Pelosi’s about as excited at this prospect as you’d imagine.

Manu Raju
    @mkraju

· 21m

Al Green on why today for his push on an articles of impeachment: "As a result of what we did yesterday, the president suffers no harm, he doesn't have to pay any fine, he's not going to lose his job. But today, we have the opportunity to punish."

Manu Raju
    @mkraju

Pelosi to reporters on whether she supports Green resolution: “No. Does that come as a surprise to you?” per @morgan_rimmer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

and another update:

If Republican were smart, and they aren't, they would stand aside and do nothing to prevent this vote from happening.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Impeaching a President for a tweet. You seriously can’t make this stuff up.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Impeaching a President for a tweet. You seriously can’t make this stuff up.
    Condemning him when they do and say worse almost daily. Can't make that up either.

Democrats are without question the most dishonest piles of shit to ever walk the Earth. I can't even remember the last time a DC Democrat said something and I believed they were telling the truth at face value.

9. Thanks Abbey Marie, Russ thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

and a president who communicates his frustrations, his wishes, his anger at others via tweets?

He chose to run and govern as unconventional and he certainly is. Thus so follows what follows.

I think this whole mess was unnecessary, but it was the path chosen. Now where it goes?

If I believe some of my friends, Trump will come out fine, he's controlling all the pieces.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Now, who's the bigot? Plenty of blame:

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...otry.html#more

12. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

and a president who communicates his frustrations, his wishes, his anger at others via tweets?

He chose to run and govern as unconventional and he certainly is. Thus so follows what follows.

I think this whole mess was unnecessary, but it was the path chosen. Now where it goes?

If I believe some of my friends, Trump will come out fine, he's controlling all the pieces.
    Again though, and this relates to your later post in this thread as well. Plenty of people on the right are placing blame on Trump , I'm talking about voters, pundits on TV, and other elected Republicans. Who other than conservatives do you see saying ANYTHING about the "squad's" part in any of this? That is , of late, the entire problem this is not an issue of Trump is a mean bully picking on people who have done no wrong.

And as I said the other day, if I were Trump I'd be plenty pissed about the way I have been treated since winning the 2016 election. The man doesn't get one single day off from the relentless and totally uncalled for attacks. Not one. Even when he does something good, you KNOW the Dems are going to find fault. Even when the Dems caused the god damned problem to begin with and Trump is simply trying to fix things there is the media riling up their base with lies . To be honest with you, I'd have reacted with far worse than a few nasty tweet. Here's a few steps I would have taken if I were Trump to combat this bullshit.

1. CNN and a few other media outlets would be perona non grata to my administration. For sure they would not be barred from the White House, but they would sit there never getting called on for a question, no interviews, no off the record remarks, nothing. They would completely be wasting their time and money sending a reporter to any STTAB Administration press conferences

2. I would have made my tax returns public my first day in office, I would have also ordered the IRS to audit the last 10 years of not only my returns but the returns of every member of Congress

3. I would have flooded so called sanctuary cities with federal agents and arrested every illegal alien I came across, along with everyne who was employing them or renting to them or whatever. Even if they weren't guilty of any crimes beyond coming into the country illegally to begin with I would push for the deportation. This would have started on day 2 of my Administration

4. I would have declared a national emergency and sent the Army Corp of Engineers in to build a fucking wall where it makes sense a long our southern border. I would have further federalized the National Guard in CA, NM, AZ, and TX and put them along the border with orders to turn people around at the border, not detain them and bring them to some center, but to simply turn them around. If say the Governor of CA would have tried to countermand that order I would have had the FBI arrest him for treason.

4a I would have ignored any federal court that tried to rulle that the President of the US couldn't do what the law clearly allows him to do.

5. I would have ordered my attorney general to reopen the Hillary Clinton investigation, double jeapordy wouldn't have been an issue because that only applies to actually being tried for a crime. She was never even arrested.

6. I would have declared ANTIFA a domestic terror group and arrested and charged anyone who was part of ANTIFA or offered them any sort of support. Being an enemy of the US, they and their supporters would be subject to treason charges , and I'd order the Justice Department to seek the death penalty for such.

Well, that's just a start .

I'm beginning to wonder if Trump is really in this to make America better again, or if he's just stroking his massive ego. I hate to say that but it's true, the fucking Democrats and all their scum supporters need to be put down and put down hard. It doesn't seem like Trump is the man for that job.

14. Thanks Gunny, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I doubt I'll be voting for you, either.

I find the 4 worse than what Trump wrote, already stated thus.

Does make one wonder, with all his emphasis on illegal immigration and such, WHY is ICE running behind the Obama, Bush, and Clinton numbers in sending those convicted back? Why announce the 'raids' are going to happen, if your goal is to be effective?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I doubt I'll be voting for you, either.

I find the 4 worse than what Trump wrote, already stated thus.

Does make one wonder, with all his emphasis on illegal immigration and such, WHY is ICE running behind the Obama, Bush, and Clinton numbers in sending those convicted back? Why announce the 'raids' are going to happen, if your goal is to be effective?
    LOL this is why the teachers who dont have the students as their number one priority hate me , but parents love me. If you don't meet your obligations, I'm a dick. If you do what you're supposed to I'll back you 100%. Congress sucks, simple as that.

And I know you find the 4 to be worse than Trump and that you agree that the media is completely biased. You should also know that I have already given my opinion that Trump announced these raids to appease his base and that I don't think he's at all serious about deportations except as a political talking point and the fact that he's actually deported less people than Obama did at this same point in his first term proves that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    LOL this is why the teachers who dont have the students as their number one priority hate me , but parents love me. If you don't meet your obligations, I'm a dick. If you do what you're supposed to I'll back you 100%. Congress sucks, simple as that.

And I know you find the 4 to be worse than Trump and that you agree that the media is completely biased. You should also know that I have already given my opinion that Trump announced these raids to appease his base and that I don't think he's at all serious about deportations except as a political talking point and the fact that he's actually deported less people than Obama did at this same point in his first term proves that.
    I'm trying to figure out whether or not you're identifying me with the bad teachers or the parents? (I'm assuming you are talking about all excellent parents and you can read into the hearts of all teachers?)

Yeah, a bit skeptical on that one.

So basically, Trump is as much blustering ego as any other pol, including the idiots in Congress, at least regarding deportation in your opinion?

18. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

What I think is "Nothing". I've watched Trump for close to 3 years box himself into corners with me thinking each time "he's bought it this time" only for him to come waltzing out smelling like a rose. It does not make logical sense to me though the aforementioned seems to be his MO, that's about as far outguessing him goes.

The issue is moot. I'm with STAAB on the 2020 vote. It isn't who I'm voting for that matters. It's who I am voting against. If Trump is once again the Republican candidate, he's got my vote.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

BTW, I didn't use CNN, though NBC isn't any better. Bottom line, I think all know that the media is not favorable to Trump and will not give him any benefit of the doubt.

I've said, as you all know, that Trump is not my guy, but I try to be fair. In this case, the 'condemnation' which can easily be put into articles of impeachment, is manifestly unfair considering how the House handled Omar's many antisemitic remarks.
    I can't not use CNN as an example of irresponsible, slanted, yellow journalism. My workplace occasionally has a tv screen running during the day on CNN, and yesterday they left up a caption "Trump's Racist Tweets" pretty much constantly. Racist not even in quote marks - as if the word 'racist' was a fact, not the slanted opinion of CNN that it really is. At the same time, CNN talks about Jussie Smollett saying he "allegedly" staged his own mugging. They are such a crock.

I would be much happier with a child of mine if they cleaned public lavatories for a living than if they were the lead anchor for CNN. At least there is some dignity and integrity in doing an honest days work in the public lavatories. There is none at CNN.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

21. Thanks Gunny, FakeNewsSux, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post