Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dems on Gas Prices

From the "things that make you go hmmm" file.....

I seem to remember that last year the democrats were making a big stink of rising gas prices and blamed it on the republicans - now that they're in power, the gas prices are higher (on average) than they were this time last year and not a SINGLE Democrat who was campaigning using Gas Price talking points has presented a SINGLE solution on how to lower them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Dims would love to increase the gas tax even more all in the name of 'sacrifice' for the envornment. Thats what their big plan is - bring the economy to a screeching halt in order to save a few pounds of waste.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post

I seem to remember that last year the democrats were making a big stink of rising gas prices and blamed it on the republicans - now that they're in power, the gas prices are higher (on average) than they were this time last year and not a SINGLE Democrat who was campaigning using Gas Price talking points has presented a SINGLE solution on how to lower them.
    It takes time to reverse the Republican policy blunders that created the problem. --There. See how easy it is to make pointless, partisan jabs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    It takes time to reverse the Republican policy blunders that created the problem. --There. See how easy it is to make pointless, partisan jabs?
    nope can't use that or bush gets a pass on 9/11 because of the blow job years....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    nope can't use that or bush gets a pass on 9/11 because of the blow job years....
    Ooh, what's my move here? Is it that Clinton's fault for 9/11 actually lies on the Republicans for taking his attention away from national security matters with the fruitless impeachment proceedings? Or do I ignore the jab about Clinton and bring up the "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the US" memo? Hmm. Tough call.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ooh, what's my move here? Is it that Clinton's fault for 9/11 actually lies on the Republicans for taking his attention away from national security matters with the fruitless impeachment proceedings? Or do I ignore the jab about Clinton and bring up the "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the US" memo? Hmm. Tough call.
    i have faith in you....remember OBL declared war on the US during the blow job years....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post

I seem to remember the Bush supporters telling us that Bush and the GOPers could not be blamed for the high gas prices.

Now that the Democrats control Congress, things are different, I guess. We still can't blame Bush but we sure as hell can blame the Democrats in a way we weren't supposed to blame the GOPers. Go figure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    I seem to remember the Bush supporters telling us that Bush and the GOPers could not be blamed for the high gas prices.

Now that the Democrats control Congress, things are different, I guess. We still can't blame Bush but we sure as hell can blame the Democrats in a way we weren't supposed to blame the GOPers. Go figure.
    the dems blamed bush anyway.....should have listened....

~Albert Camus

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

What does that memo have to do with anything? You LOVE half-truths, man...geesh.

Do the higher-than-ever Gas prices put to rest the lies we went to war 'For Oil'?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How about removing the taxes that comprise most of the cost of a gallon of gas?

Demos repealing a tax? Nah.....wishful thinking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    i have faith in you....remember OBL declared war on the US during the blow job years....
    Yeah, but he attacked us during the heckuva-job years so...hmm. I'm still a little perplexed about which argument I'm going to go with here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    How about removing the taxes that comprise most of the cost of a gallon of gas?

Demos repealing a tax? Nah.....wishful thinking.
    gas taxes pay their salary and expense accounts.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    What does that memo have to do with anything? You LOVE half-truths, man...geesh.

Do the higher-than-ever Gas prices put to rest the lies we went to war 'For Oil'?
    no way, it plays right into it. We didn't go to war for oil for the people. We went to war for oil for the corporations. The people are at the bottom of the totem pole. The corporations and top execs are reaping the benefits of this war, not the people, so it's no surprise that the people are getting screwed at the pump.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 05-07-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, but he attacked us during the heckuva-job years so...hmm. I'm still a little perplexed about which argument I'm going to go with here.
    he attacked willy in somlia, and blew up the cole to name a few.....as i said i have faith in you that you will pick the right one ....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no way, it plays right into it. We didn't go to war for oil for the people. We went to war for oil for the corporations. The people are at the bottom of the totem pole. The corporations and top execs are reaping the benefits of this war, not the people.
    can you link me up to which US oli company is pumping oli out of iraq and into their bank account?

~Albert Camus