Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Where does this come from? Honest question. I have never done any such thing to anyone, and don't recall any such incident. I hate rats and I hate loose lips more than "hating" you was ever even a blip on the radar.

As far as the topic goes (I think we've done this one before), I have to just take it case by case. If it's actually hurting/scamming/otherwise enriching the person, then yeah, I have a problem with it.

I kinda have a problem with some of the exposeRS as well. That's what you have to do with your life? Troll frauds and expose them on the internet? I think that says quite a lot.

And I'm sorry, but the clown asses that get on with 13 Nam medals, 5 MOHs, An Army shirt with Marine chevrons on it and obviously is a total dumbass that can't even pass the test, been in every war since WWI ... I'm What can I say? Stupid people make me feel good

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default I have good news to share on this topic.

We veterans have NO reason, or responsibility to offer any proof of our service to ANYONE. We have a unique ability (within our own minds) to sort out those who would pretend to be, or brag about serving in the military.

Therefore. If anyone doubts my sincerity, or the sincerity of any member here who IS a veteran. That's their problem, not ours.

Yes, we veterans despise, and easily challenge anyone who tries to portray themselves as veterans. We also know. There are some very sick people out there in civilian life who honestly feel they are somehow looked upon as less of a citizen, because they didn't serve in uniform, and this INTERNET FORUM method, is the only way they can pretend to be someone they are not...because it gives them some kind of feelings they wish they had experienced in life.

As Retired, Navy, Seal; Senior Chief Don Shipley has shown all of us. He has methods to weed out the phony people, and confront them.

Eventually. Anyone who pretends to be a VETERAN....always gets caught, and they will keep trying as long as they feel safe...lying their life away.

FYI. I have spoken with Senior Chief. He was a Senior Chief when I spoke with him.
    Last edited by icansayit; 06-20-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Now that I have been "corrected" on my lack of reading and comprehension skills, I mis-read STTAB's post. My position is to stay as far away from "Stolen valor" arguments as possible simply because I've never seen one end well. People are going to believe what they want to. I take everyone for who they say they are unless or until it is proven otherwise.

I do not think ANYONE should be accused of stolen valor without some hard evidence to show. As it pertains to an internet message board, I find most accusations of stolen value stem from personal/political dislike and no amount of talk is going to change it.

As it pertains to STTAB, specifically, I do not recall anything specific about him. Sorry. I know that's too easy, but there you have it. I don't know his name nor anything else other than what he has posted here.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

comes down to this for me:

Claim Military service - but do-so only to bolster arguments, seek attention and grossly mispronounce common terms? Probably a big fat liar.

Become whiny about folks calling you out for using your claimed service to seek attention while you grossly mispronounce common terms? More than likely a liar.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Where does this come from? Honest question. I have never done any such thing to anyone, and don't recall any such incident. I hate rats and I hate loose lips more than "hating" you was ever even a blip on the radar.

As far as the topic goes (I think we've done this one before), I have to just take it case by case. If it's actually hurting/scamming/otherwise enriching the person, then yeah, I have a problem with it.

I kinda have a problem with some of the exposeRS as well. That's what you have to do with your life? Troll frauds and expose them on the internet? I think that says quite a lot.

And I'm sorry, but the clown asses that get on with 13 Nam medals, 5 MOHs, An Army shirt with Marine chevrons on it and obviously is a total dumbass that can't even pass the test, been in every war since WWI ... I'm What can I say? Stupid people make me feel good
    It was not you Gunny, I thought I was clear on that. It was that idiot who hacked USMB or whatever back in the day, I don't even remember the guy's name. I just remember he somehow took over your Admin account for several days and did all sorts of shit to their server. I in no way EVER thought you were involved in anything that person did. Maybe his screen name was JBeukemia or something like that, does that ring a bell?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    It was not you Gunny, I thought I was clear on that. It was that idiot who hacked USMB or whatever back in the day, I don't even remember the guy's name. I just remember he somehow took over your Admin account for several days and did all sorts of shit to their server. I in no way EVER thought you were involved in anything that person did. Maybe his screen name was JBeukemia or something like that, does that ring a bell?
    I recall the incident from Gunny long long after the fact while he was here. Didn't know of any consequences, only that someone took his admin account and royally fucked things up. No such personal info should ever be stored there!

Now, of course passwords and all are available if someone can hack the site and steal the database... but really the only way to get such things would be if it were stored in PM's, or if a site related email also hacked.

If there were ever such personal info being traded, probably best to use something separate with some good encryption.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Unfortunately, I've removed the usergroup images in recognition of those who have served. It was never meant to be a true verification but rather a simple acknowledgement based on someone's word. After all, we are all basically anonymous from one another.

I had never envisioned that it could ever cause any issues. But it has. And while I understand all sides over time, this isn't a military board, and since their is privacy involved, and folks don't believe me if someone verifies, I don't want to see fighting over something that was supposed to be a small token from me, to those who have served our great country.

In the past there was discussion, because of the privacy, that there could maybe be one point person allowed to do any style of the verifying. If that person won't be believed, then the privacy issue is gone. I don't blame anyone at all from not wanting to share personal details. Some folks are very open about things, including myself, but others are very private people, and I fully respect that too.

So those that have served - you have the endless thanks from me for doing so, and that still won't be enough. And I apologize in advance for this not working out, but a simple anonymous image isn't worth having extended feuds over.
    Oh great another thing for a few to be mad at me about. This is clearly in response to Darin's calling me a liar. I already told you long ago that I didn't care if you put that on my profile or not, and I'm repeating now, if you want to return the image to the avatar of everyone who Darin believes and not to mine, I'm fine with that too, it's just a token after all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I recall the incident from Gunny long long after the fact while he was here. Didn't know of any consequences, only that someone took his admin account and royally fucked things up. No such personal info should ever be stored there!

Now, of course passwords and all are available if someone can hack the site and steal the database... but really the only way to get such things would be if it were stored in PM's, or if a site related email also hacked.

If there were ever such personal info being traded, probably best to use something separate with some good encryption.
    Yes, I believe that is exactly what happened Jim, someone got ahold of Gunny's account and used information contained within our PMs . Specifically the information was given to the poster Syrenn who absolutely hated my guts and she DID track me down in real life, causing problems with my IP provider, calling our local sherrif's office with complaints, at one time she even contacted the Arkansas National Guard all in an effort to stir up trouble in my real life. As ANYONE who ever encountered that woman can tell you she was crazy.

To reiterate I don't now and never did believe Gunny was involved in any way

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I moved your post from the announcements section. Nothing wrong, I just meant to lock it up when I created it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

12. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Yes, I believe that is exactly what happened Jim, someone got ahold of Gunny's account and used information contained within our PMs . Specifically the information was given to the poster Syrenn who absolutely hated my guts and she DID track me down in real life, causing problems with my IP provider, calling our local sherrif's office with complaints, at one time she even contacted the Arkansas National Guard all in an effort to stir up trouble in my real life. As ANYONE who ever encountered that woman can tell you she was crazy.

That’s guano-crazy stuff...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

14. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I know of a minimum of 3 posters who have had their places of employment called over internet issues.

16. Thanks STTAB, tailfins thanked this post
    Likes tailfins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I moved your post from the announcements section. Nothing wrong, I just meant to lock it up when I created it.
    You know me, it's your board you don't have to explain yourself. But I meant what I said Jim. I don't want everyone mad at me over some image. Put Darin in charge of the images and let him hand them out to those he believes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    That’s guano-crazy stuff...
    I don't know if you ever knew her, but count yourself lucky if you didn't. She was bat shit crazy.

One of her games she used to play was she would tell everyone that I was sending her sexual PMs and then when I obviously pointed out that was untrue and that if it were true she should post one of them , she would come back with "oh I would LOVE to post one, but that's against the rules" then I would show her in the rules where it plainly said I could give her permission to post said PM on the board and that I was giving her permission, the Admin Dis would jump in and say "oh no actually the rules say an admin must approve too, and we don't approve" even though the rules did not say that. LOL Once Dis even banned ME for discussing PMs because I was responding to Syrenn's claims. It was truly bizzarre.

Gunny unfortunately for whatever reason chose to allow that kind of thing to happen , I don't hold grudges against him for it, but he sure did let them manipulate the rules to ban me repeatedly for little to no reason while allowing Syrenn to play games like the one I described above, so yeah I no longer personal details, even if it means the great Darin doesn't believe I served in the Arkansas National Guard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

You know me, it's your board you don't have to explain yourself. But I meant what I said Jim. I don't want everyone mad at me over some image. Put Darin in charge of the images and let him hand them out to those he believes.
    If folks want to do the process outside of DP without my involvement, then I would be more than happy to reinstate them. It matters not to me who that person is so long as the military folks are those that decide. I'll simply be happy to provide and place the various military images. But I will not be that person, as after many many years of fights with people, I'm not one that wants to get involved in asking for proof from people, nor will everyone trust me. And I completely understand that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't know if you ever knew her, but count yourself lucky if you didn't. She was bat shit crazy.

One of her games she used to play was she would tell everyone that I was sending her sexual PMs and then when I obviously pointed out that was untrue and that if it were true she should post one of them , she would come back with "oh I would LOVE to post one, but that's against the rules" then I would show her in the rules where it plainly said I could give her permission to post said PM on the board and that I was giving her permission, the Admin Dis would jump in and say "oh no actually the rules say an admin must approve too, and we don't approve" even though the rules did not say that. LOL Once Dis even banned ME for discussing PMs because I was responding to Syrenn's claims. It was truly bizzarre.

Gunny unfortunately for whatever reason chose to allow that kind of thing to happen , I don't hold grudges against him for it, but he sure did let them manipulate the rules to ban me repeatedly for little to no reason while allowing Syrenn to play games like the one I described above, so yeah I no longer personal details, even if it means the great Darin doesn't believe I served in the Arkansas National Guard.
    All that took place after I sold the board and some folks came and joined here. A few of the names you mentioned have appeared here over the years but never lasted, as in likely came here looking for issues and then bailed when it failed.