Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Awk Abbey dear, you're a Pescetarian? I understand you even less that the full on meat eaters,
    Oh well. That's ok. I really only need to understand it myself, and I will continue to be glad that I don't eat those cows and pigs, etc.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Oh well. That's ok. I really only need to understand it myself, and I will continue to be glad that I don't eat those cows and pigs, etc.
    Well obviously you need not answer, but why do you see the murder of Cows & pigs ect as wrong and yet are fine with supporting the murder of fish?

Also does this mean i am the only vegetarian on the board?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    I have been sober a long time, and I understand addiction, in recovery we call people like you "normys" so I won't expect you to get it. In america we do have hormones and food addititives in meat & veggies, some studies say it is addictive, who knows. I won't quit eating meat until I am ready, at least Im willing to be open about the possibility of not consuming it, some people won't even consider the idea of it. Its good to know you dont want to kill human babies. Anyway I answered your question I cannot control that you didnt like my answer.
    Normys? As in someone you doesn't understand? I got called such things by my ex, she was forever going on about how i didn't understand, and that i had no idea what it was like ect ect, and yet for 2 years she did not get drunk, stoned or smoke a cig once. And then she went of with a guy who did understand, and did know what it was like, and within a month shes back to her cigs and getting stoned and drunk every week, all i can say is thank God i don't understand.

Its not that i don't like your answer, it was very honest and thought was put into it. But you make clear that you know what you are doing is, in your own words, selfish, and yet you don't care to do anything about it, you'd rather wait until you do care. I can understand, though i disagree, with someone who thinks that murdering animals is fine, and so eats meat. I can not understand someone who thinks that murdering them is wrong, and yet supports the system thats murders them. Do you not agree that it looks odd?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its not that i don't like your answer, it was very honest and thought was put into it. But you make clear that you know what you are doing is, in your own words, selfish, and yet you don't care to do anything about it, you'd rather wait until you do care. I can understand, though i disagree, with someone who thinks that murdering animals is fine, and so eats meat. I can not understand someone who thinks that murdering them is wrong, and yet supports the system thats murders them. Do you not agree that it looks odd?
    That's right for the time being I am selfish, so you get IT. I find the same thing odd when vegans or vegetarians do support baby killing. I also think its odd that a vegan chooses to be all the way off animal porduct because they say animals are poorly treated even for the purpose of using dairy products, even injecting them with hormones and such, yet a vegetarian has no problem with dairy products? Odd too. But Humans in general are odd. So be it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    That's right for the time being I am selfish, so you get IT. I find the same thing odd when vegans or vegetarians do support baby killing. I also think its odd that a vegan chooses to be all the way off animal porduct because they say animals are poorly treated even for the purpose of using dairy products, even injecting them with hormones and such, yet a vegetarian has no problem with dairy products? Odd too. But Humans in general are odd. So be it.
    Well i get it in that your being selfish, i just don't get why anyone would be selfish by intention.

As for dairy products, personally i would only ever buy Organic and Free range dairy products to ensure the animal is treated as well as could be.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It just aint a meal if it doesn't have a nice thick slab of cooked meat on the plate. Not much I like better than steak & eggs for breakfast, well maybe a good pork chop works as well. I had some Chipotle Pork Chops that were just marvelous at breakfast time.

When I worked at Farmer Johns they had a train load of hogs that froze to death along the way to the slaughter house, what a waste of good bacon. Man them things bloat after they sit for a few days dead, smell pretty bad when they pop them with a sickle too.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    It just aint a meal if it doesn't have a nice thick slab of cooked meat on the plate. Not much I like better than steak & eggs for breakfast, well maybe a good pork chop works as well. I had some Chipotle Pork Chops that were just marvelous at breakfast time.

When I worked at Farmer Johns they had a train load of hogs that froze to death along the way to the slaughter house, what a waste of good bacon. Man them things bloat after they sit for a few days dead, smell pretty bad when they pop them with a sickle too.
    Like seriously, if you can read and talk about stories like that and not feel disgusted then i would consider there to be something wrong with you. Its just vile.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I read the post and I don't feel disgust. It's a waste of good pork. I won't eat a meal that isn't primarily meat.

You really have to realize that animals are not people. They are not sentient. They have only one concern and that is eating. They search and do things for food, nothing more than that. They don't plan, they don't dream, they don't create. They only eat, shit, and sleep. Even pets are loyal because of food. And for most pets that food is meat. Even dry dog food is made from meat.

Calling people murderers for eating meat is the old guilt trip trick used so often by liberals. It doesn't work here.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I read the post and I don't feel disgust. It's a waste of good pork. I won't eat a meal that isn't primarily meat.
    A waste of good pork? It is a needless and cruel death, and any of the 'lucky' survivers would only be alive another few hours until they too are needlessly killed.

You really have to realize that animals are not people. They are not sentient.
    I agree they are not people, and when the bit comes to the bit we are above them.

Animals are not sentient?...are we using the same definition?

Sentient - adjective - able to perceive or feel things - Origin early 17th Century from Latin sentient, meaning 'feeling'.

I would say that animals most certainly are sentient.

They have only one concern and that is eating. They search and do things for food, nothing more than that. They don't plan, they don't dream, they don't create.
    This is utter rubbish, ofcourse animals plan. Example - Birds build nests...that takes planning, btw that is also a creation, no?

They only eat, shit, and sleep. Even pets are loyal because of food. And for most pets that food is meat. Even dry dog food is made from meat.
    I feel you are wrong on the loyalty, it implies that if someone across the road feed your cat better food that it would disappear off with them, though i can not prove it, it is only a feeling. As for the food, yes many dog foods contain meats, which i think they shouldn't

Calling people murderers for eating meat is the old guilt trip trick used so often by liberals. It doesn't work here.
    I'm not calling everyone a murderer, you are only a murderer if you kill the animal yourself, if you buy it from a shop ect then you are however supporting the murderers and keeping them murdering.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Like seriously, if you can read and talk about stories like that and not feel disgusted then i would consider there to be something wrong with you. Its just vile.
    I was disgusted with the terrible waste of food that could have fed alot of people and the loss of wages for the people at the slaughter house in processing all that pork. It was stupid to ship them when they did but thats about it. Animals are there for our food and pleasure.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I was disgusted with the terrible waste of food that could have fed alot of people and the loss of wages for the people at the slaughter house in processing all that pork. It was stupid to ship them when they did but thats about it. Animals are there for our food and pleasure.
    All animals? Or just the ones you chose to have slaughter?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

All animals? Or just the ones you chose to have slaughter?
    Any animals that are actually good for eating. I wouldn't slaughter a dog for food unless folks were starving and I mean really starving not just hungry. It would be okay with me for medical testing to be done on a dog though, I have no problem with that. Better a dog than a person and I like dogs. if I had the room for a dog or 2, I would have them.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Any animals that are actually good for eating. I wouldn't slaughter a dog for food unless folks were starving and I mean really starving not just hungry. It would be okay with me for medical testing to be done on a dog though, I have no problem with that. Better a dog than a person and I like dogs. if I had the room for a dog or 2, I would have them.
    Why would a dog deserve such a privilege?

Dogs and cats are often exceptions with folks i talk to,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Why would a dog deserve such a privilege?

Dogs and cats are often exceptions with folks i talk to,
    Its pretty simple really, its because they are domestic pets and not generally considered good for food.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Its pretty simple really, its because they are domestic pets and not generally considered good for food.
    So just cus you are not able to domesticate a Pig it is fine to murder them, what delightful logic =/