Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yes it would. It would be a brilliant move if he pulled it off too on the part of anyone not wanting to be bullied.

What did Tommy Lee Jones say to the people after he beat the Army scout half to death? "I can't abide bad manners in a man. I won't tolerate it." I'm a US citizen BEFORE any damned party or person. If this nations going to bully and be represented as bullies to the rest of the world, don't count on MY support. I whill not have my name associated with dishonorable behavior. Period.
    Well, we'll just have to agree on one thing and disagree on another.

I don't see those military exercises as REAL BULLYING though. Should we have not held them? I think that would have been a good idea to cancel them, but they were just run of the mill, regularly scheduled exercises, nothing special.

And obviously CODDLING pie face never worked, and a different tactic, showing him we're not fucking around DID. Can't see how you could deny that.

It ain't over yet. I'm sure negotiations will be ongoing. Like I say, I think this is just posturing. Pie face will be back. Balls in his court now.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-24-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well, we'll just have to agree on one thing and disagree on another.

I don't see those military exercises as REAL BULLYING though. Should we have not held them? I think that would have been a good idea to cancel them, but they were just run of the mill, regularly scheduled exercises, nothing special.

And obviously CODDLING pie face never worked, and a different tactic, showing him we're not fucking around DID. Can't see how you could deny that.

It ain't over yet. I'm sure negotiations will be ongoing. Like I say, I think this is just posturing. Pie face will be back. Balls in his court now.
    It wasn't just the exercises. It was the exercises AND verbal antagonizing by Trump and Pompeo.

I never suggested coddling anyone. I suggested using common sense and not antagonizing him. They are not one and the same. I know all the egotistical swollen chest wannabe tough guys out there are spouting off the "we'll show him" shit. Great. Sounds like a HS Senior pushing around 1st grader. My pride runneth over

I want his ass to the table, and agreement made and a line through his name on the list of shit to do. All the crap going on the world and we're sitting here playing tough guy with the most insignificant one. Brilliant strategy. If our strategy is making the world think we're stupid.

And you don't think Un going around us won't work? Seems to me that's what we thought about Syria and Iran as well. In both cases, we've just been cut out of the deal. Those two hot button issues are FAR more significant than NK and they're being ignored. Trump did nothing about Turkey in Syria but threaten to pull our troops out. He's tried bullying the other countries still in the Iran deal with threats of sanctions and that hasn't worked so far, and without everyone, unilateral sanctions mean little.

IF all those countries make their own deals without us, they're going to realize they don't really need us and they have the power collectively to economically ruin us. Only thing we got going for us is that the Europeans are afraid of the dark or stepping into the unknown and taking a risk on something new.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It wasn't just the exercises. It was the exercises AND verbal antagonizing by Trump and Pompeo.

I never suggested coddling anyone. I suggested using common sense and not antagonizing him. They are not one and the same. I know all the egotistical swollen chest wannabe tough guys out there are spouting off the "we'll show him" shit. Great. Sounds like a HS Senior pushing around 1st grader. My pride runneth over

I want his ass to the table, and agreement made and a line through his name on the list of shit to do. All the crap going on the world and we're sitting here playing tough guy with the most insignificant one. Brilliant strategy. If our strategy is making the world think we're stupid.

And you don't think Un going around us won't work? Seems to me that's what we thought about Syria and Iran as well. In both cases, we've just been cut out of the deal. Those two hot button issues are FAR more significant than NK and they're being ignored. Trump did nothing about Turkey in Syria but threaten to pull our troops out. He's tried bullying the other countries still in the Iran deal with threats of sanctions and that hasn't worked so far, and without everyone, unilateral sanctions mean little.

IF all those countries make their own deals without us, they're going to realize they don't really need us and they have the power collectively to economically ruin us. Only thing we got going for us is that the Europeans are afraid of the dark or stepping into the unknown and taking a risk on something new.
    Well... I disagree... no biggie.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

So much for Trump winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    OK Pete.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    OK Pete.

For the record, I have nothing against pete, truthfully I am rather ambivalent where pete is concerned (nothing personal, pete, you just don't raise my hackles like you do others).

Having said that (which I did so as to not start a "flame war")...

I would be remiss, based on my sense of humor, were I not to reply with...

I'm pretty sure gabosaurus has a bigger dick than pete...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    For the record, I have nothing against pete, truthfully I am rather ambivalent where pete is concerned (nothing personal, pete, you just don't raise my hackles like you do others).

Are you saying Pete has an inny?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Y'all are freakin' cruel
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Are you saying Pete has an inny?
    No... Gabby has an outie... and it's big...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Gabby admires, and loves it when the word DICK is mentioned....Obviously

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post

This is what gabby dreams about..
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    This is what gabby dreams about..
    Thanks AT... I just threw up in my mouth...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-24-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Welcome back from the DNC school of lies gabby.

Intentionally Omitting part of any statement, fact, or document is par for the DNC course. Probably their most used, and abused method of lying. Omission is the same as lying gabby.

And YOU SUCK AT IT.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think North Korea was in fact surprised and taken back with Trump canceling. I think both sides made mistakes in assuming the other would like to be trash talked. But I think NK kinda walking back on FULL denuclearization & then going awol when folks reached out to further plans is what put the cancellation on for now. Things were gained already without giving anything up. But that counts very little when looking at the long term plans. But if NK wants the boot off their throat, I think it was made clear in what they must do for that to happen - and that they won't get easy concessions just for showing up.

Can it still happen? Sure, but both sides have to play ball. NK has to stop the rhetoric along with Trump. No point in even meeting much if they can't agree to the foundation of any talks. I think it will happen eventually. NK should act now, IMO, while things are still hot, and I do think they can get some concessions faster.

---

North Korean Regime Still Open to Talks – Willing to Talk to US “Anytime”

The Trump administration pulled out of planned June 12th summit with North Korea in Singapore.

President Trump thanked the North Koreans for releasing the US hostages.

President Trump: Some day I look very forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families.

This also comes HOURS AFTER North Korea blew up its nuclear testing tunnels.

So Kim Jong Un gave up his US hostages and destroyed his nuclear testing tunnels… And the US gave up nothing.
    On Thursday night (Friday morning in Korea) the North Korean government released a statement:
    – North Korea is still willing to sit down at “any time”
    – The U.S. decision is not in line with the “ideals of mankind” and was unexpected by North Korea considering the preparations

North Korea announced it was still open to talks with the United States.

Rest - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...talks-with-us/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And now I just read this, as of 2 hours ago.

All we really need to see happen, is let Petey and Gabby come running here with smiles to talk about failure - because whenever they do, the opposite happens.

We shall see...

----

Trump: North Korea Summit May Be Back On

President Donald Trump on Friday warmly welcomed North Korea's promising response to his abrupt withdrawal from the potentially historic Singapore summit and said "we're talking to them now" about putting it back on track.

"Everybody plays games," said Trump, who often boasts about his own negotiating tactics and skill.

Trump said the summit could still take place on June 12, as originally planned.

The president, commenting as he left the White House for a commencement speech, said it was even possible the summit could take place on the originally planned June 12 date.

"They very much want to do it, we'd like to do it," he said.

Earlier Friday, in a tweet, he had called the North's reaction to his letter canceling the summit "warm and productive." That was far different from his letter Thursday to North Korea leader Kim Jong Un, blaming "tremendous anger and open hostility" by Pyongyang for the U.S. withdrawal.

The tone from both sides was warmer on Friday. First, North Korea issued a statement saying it was still "willing to give the U.S. time and opportunities" to reconsider talks "at any time, at any format."

Vice Foreign Minister Kim Kye Gwan called Trump's withdrawal "unexpected" and "very regrettable," and said the cancellation of the talks showed "how grave the status of historically deep-rooted hostile North Korea-U.S. relations is and how urgently a summit should be realized to improve ties."

Then Trump, in his response to that response, said it was "very good news," and "we will soon see where it will lead, hopefully to long and enduring prosperity and peace. Only time (and talent) will tell!"

The president's surprise exit from the planned talks on Thursday had capped weeks of high-stakes brinkmanship between the two unpredictable leaders over nuclear negotiating terms for their unprecedented sit-down. The U.S. announcement came not long after Kim appeared to make good on his promise to demolish his country's nuclear test site. But it also followed escalating frustration — and newly antagonistic rhetoric — from North Korea over comments from Trump aides about U.S. expectations for the North's "denuclearization."

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/tru.../25/id/862421/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And now I just read this, as of 2 hours ago.

All we really need to see happen, is let Petey and Gabby come running here with smiles to talk about failure - because whenever they do, the opposite happens.

We shall see...
    Is anyone not worried about Trump's state of mind? The unstable dictator of a country with nuclear weapons is hardly someone you want to mess around with.
    In a way, Kim is just like Trump. He can be calm and mild mannered for a while. But eventually he will wake up in a bad mood and decide poke someone with a stick. Trump uses twitter. Kim uses his state controlled media.