Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Arabs always shoot their mouth off like that, even though they've proven remarkably incompetent on the battlefield. For all the bluster and bravado, you'd think they'd at least have a couple of victories under their belts in the last few hundred years.

Another universal muslim trait is using the 'palestinians' as a distraction to the ignorant masses for their own miserable plight. It seems to be effective, somehow... which doesn't speak highly of the overall intelligence of the general populace.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Arabs always shoot their mouth off like that, even though they've proven remarkably incompetent on the battlefield. For all the bluster and bravado, you'd think they'd at least have a couple of victories under their belts in the last few hundred years.

Another universal muslim trait is using the 'palestinians' as a distraction to the ignorant masses for their own miserable plight. It seems to be effective, somehow... which doesn't speak highly of the overall intelligence of the general populace.
    This is a departure from the norm for Turkey. They have tried to stay out of everything that didn't directly pertain to Turkey for more than a century. Going after the Kurds in Syria I can see. They've been biting the bullet on that one since the First Gulf War and we talked them out of going after them. One sect of the Kurds has been an actual problem within Turkey.

They have stayed strictly out of the Arab-Israeli conflict from Day One. Turkey is also known for being an ultra-nationalistic, secular state since Attaturk made them supposedly a great nation and all that chest -thumping, ooh-rah crap. Erdogan has been critical of Syria for decades.

Now suddenly they're Islamic and want to go after Israel? In which case, they will have to have access to go through Syria to do it. It looks and smell like Russia, but I don't see what Russia has to gain. Either that or Erdogan has just gone off the deep end.

I'd love nothing more than to see Turkey get the shit kicked out of it, but I want to know the end-game. Playing into one of Putin's schemes doesn't sit well with me at all, and playing into Erdogan's bullshit just lowers our market value.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

How much does this have to do with Un squeaking and getting the grease? Does erdogan think he can get some kind of deal ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    How much does this have to do with Un squeaking and getting the grease? Does erdogan think he can get some kind of deal ?
    I don't know the particulars, but Turkey has some kind of future, joint plan with Russia to build a nuclear facility in Turkey. Other than to try and embarrass the UN, I doubt Turkey would have any real plan that involved it. Everybody in the World know the paper tiger's idea of "action" is merely verbal condemnation.

Something's got his chest all swollen though. Maybe it was beating up on a bunch of sheepherders in Syria. While it isn't out of character for the arrogant-ass Turk to run his mouth and talk shit, it IS out fo character for him to place Turkey in the lead position of confronting Israel and by default the US.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke