Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Also breaking is that Wilbur Ross threatened to fire NOAA officials if they didn't release the statement.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Also breaking is that Wilbur Ross threatened to fire NOAA officials if they didn't release the statement.
    This is so unnecessary and so insane. An honest mistake on maps, which anyone who'd been paying attention to his tweets, knew he was looking at a lot of them. He said something about AL that was overstated, but hey, it's what he does. Problem was that the overstatement was regarding a map from a few days before and a different path was happening by that point. No biggie. Not close to '57 states' or 'shooting at me from Kosovo' or 'Jumped out of helo to bin Laden's Pakistan Camp.' A mistake, simple one.

He should work on a new book, 'The Art of a Pinch of Self-Deprecation.' Just a bit.

So now NOAA, is part of the untrustworthy federal offices. A cabinet officer has threatened scientists to back up a President that could have just stopped referring to the mistake, if incapable of admitting making one. A small, insignificant one.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Other than it's one more example of where he distorts facts and reality, one in which lives are at stake.
    Thank God our media doesn’t distort facts. Oh, wait.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    This is so unnecessary and so insane. An honest mistake on maps, which anyone who'd been paying attention to his tweets, knew he was looking at a lot of them. He said something about AL that was overstated, but hey, it's what he does. Problem was that the overstatement was regarding a map from a few days before and a different path was happening by that point. No biggie. Not close to '57 states' or 'shooting at me from Kosovo' or 'Jumped out of helo to bin Laden's Pakistan Camp.' A mistake, simple one.

He should work on a new book, 'The Art of a Pinch of Self-Deprecation.' Just a bit.

So now NOAA, is part of the untrustworthy federal offices. A cabinet officer has threatened scientists to back up a President that could have just stopped referring to the mistake, if incapable of admitting making one. A small, insignificant one.
    No, you have misread that situation.

What NOAA was told was "if yall don't stop purposely putting out information which contradicts what the President has said, political appointees will get fired" and I don't give a damn if Trump made a mistake or not, those motherfuckers work for Trump and it isn't their job to "correct him" in public. It was quite obvious that the statement put out by that agency was meant to embarrass Trump rather than inform the public. That kind of thing has to stop.

And I'm plenty frustrated that Trump can't just stop with his bullshit as you well know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    No, you have misread that situation.

What NOAA was told was "if yall don't stop purposely putting out information which contradicts what the President has said, political appointees will get fired" and I don't give a damn if Trump made a mistake or not, those motherfuckers work for Trump and it isn't their job to "correct him" in public. It was quite obvious that the statement put out by that agency was meant to embarrass Trump rather than inform the public. That kind of thing has to stop.

And I'm plenty frustrated that Trump can't just stop with his bullshit as you well know.
    Actually, they did their job, irregardless of his or a minion's inane orders. Too bad some of the FBI guys didn't do the same with the coup attempts.

"I was following orders," can be an answer. Ethical or moral? Depends.

Whom to answer to? A flawed superior or conscience?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Actually, they did their job, irregardless of his or a minion's inane orders. Too bad some of the FBI guys didn't do the same with the coup attempts.

What are you talking about? Anyone who has EVER held a job knows you don't EVER publicly embarass your boss. These people did, on purpose. You absolutely , positively know that the was the only reason those statements were released to embarrass Trump. Ross sent a memo out " next time that happens, someone is getting fired" that would happen at ANY job.

I'll relate that to the FBI, I personally would have fired Christopher Wray when he contradicted both his boss and his boss's boss by saying " I personally wouldn't call it spying"

When you work for someone it is NOT your job to publicly humiliate them. If those people thought Trump had done something wrong, they have a channel to address those concerns.

How the fuck would a government function if unelected bureaucrats could just release whatever the fuck they wanted regardless of what the people elected to be their bosses thought or wanted Kath? Go back to the all leaks, we can't allow this shit to continue where the elected aren't actually in charge. Talk about disenfranchising people.

8. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

What are you talking about? Anyone who has EVER held a job knows you don't EVER publicly embarass your boss. These people did, on purpose. You absolutely , positively know that the was the only reason those statements were released to embarrass Trump. Ross sent a memo out " next time that happens, someone is getting fired" that would happen at ANY job.

I'll relate that to the FBI, I personally would have fired Christopher Wray when he contradicted both his boss and his boss's boss by saying " I personally wouldn't call it spying"

When you work for someone it is NOT your job to publicly humiliate them. If those people thought Trump had done something wrong, they have a channel to address those concerns.

How the fuck would a government function if unelected bureaucrats could just release whatever the fuck they wanted regardless of what the people elected to be their bosses thought or wanted Kath? Go back to the all leaks, we can't allow this shit to continue where the elected aren't actually in charge. Talk about disenfranchising people.
    The President stated on air, for AL to take immediate precautions, they were in the crosshairs. He wished them blessings.

The NWS stated that AL residents were ok, never mentioned the president, just said the hurricane wasn't a threat to them.

That IS their job. Not licking the President's whatever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The President stated on air, for AL to take immediate precautions, they were in the crosshairs. He wished them blessings.

The NWS stated that AL residents were ok, never mentioned the president, just said the hurricane wasn't a threat to them.

That IS their job. Not licking the President's whatever.
    They didn't have to mention him by name, they tweeted out 100% exactly the opposite of what Trump said FOR ONE PURPOSE. You're lying Kath if you say you don't know for fact that they ONLY reason they tweeted that out was to embarras Trump.

They claim that they did so to get correct info out there, but that lie is so obvious that Ray Charles could see it. I mean seriously, would ANYONE have been harmed if they had not made that Tweet? Meaning that if the ONLY information anyone had from the government was Trump's statement that Alabama may get hit " would anyone have been harmed? The answer, of course, is no. And those folks knew that, anyone with a functioning brain knew that. The Tweet had ONE purpose and one purpose only. Embarrass Trump.

Ross's message was clear "embarrass the boss again and someone is getting fired" whether you agree or disagree with the actions, are you arguing that the Administration doesn't have the right to fire employees who they feel embarrassed them?

We can't just let the inmates run the asylum. No matter who the President is. I would have said the EXACT same thing if public employees were setting out to publicly humiliate Obama. I have integrity like that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Maybe it's the military man in me, but their job is to follow orders, UNLESS those orders are illegal. Your conscience? Who gives a fuck about that, unelected bureaucrats do not get to decide what is right or what is wrong. They work for we the people represented by elected officials. PERIOD.

I'll give you an example. That idiotic woman down in Kentucky a few years ago after being told "you WILL issue marriage licenses to gay couples who otherwise qualify" and she just decided on her own "No I won't" she was in the wrong, I don't care about her conscience. I care about she was told to do something, if that something is legal, she can shut the fuck up and do it or go find another job.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Maybe it's the military man in me, but their job is to follow orders, UNLESS those orders are illegal. Your conscience? Who gives a fuck about that, unelected bureaucrats do not get to decide what is right or what is wrong. They work for we the people represented by elected officials. PERIOD.

I'll give you an example. That idiotic woman down in Kentucky a few years ago after being told "you WILL issue marriage licenses to gay couples who otherwise qualify" and she just decided on her own "No I won't" she was in the wrong, I don't care about her conscience. I care about she was told to do something, if that something is legal, she can shut the fuck up and do it or go find another job.
    I'm not lying, There likely are people that lived in Alabama and the President said/tweeted that the state was going to be hit, in spite of all the contrary evidence, they'd believe him. Hells bells, they'd believe aliens were coming, regardless of what contrary info they had, if this president told them so.

NWS tweeted out the truth. As they should

They are not military, they are scientists. They do their jobs to the best of ability. They work for the people of the United States, same as the President.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 09-10-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm not lying, There likely are people that lived in Alabama and the President said/tweeted that the state was going to be hit, in spite of all the contrary evidence, they'd believe him. Hells bells, they'd believe aliens were coming, regardless of what contrary info they had, if this president told them so.

NWS tweeted out the truth. As they should

They are not military, they are scientists. They do their jobs to the best of ability. They work for the people of the United States, same as the President.

Perhaps you missed what I wrote about you yesterday Kath. I don't think you're a liar. I just think you are wrong on this issue

And actually no NWS didn't tweet out the truth. Actually as far as that goes. All Trump said was that it looked like Alabama COULD be hit harder than previously thought.

Surely you realize that nothing the NWS tweets out in terms of weather predictions should ever be absolute. Those guys are worse at predicting the weather than CNN is about predicting who will win Presidential elections. But they DID tweet out as absolute. They did this as a way of saying "Trump is wrong" and no their job most certainly is NOT to say "the President is wrong" they in fact fucking work for Trump. He has every authority to tell them to stop tweeting shit out. That you don't like this fact does not make it any less true.

This is just one of those issues where you personally have let your dislike for Trump cloud your judgement and I for one am not going to let it ruin what I said about you yesterday, so I surrender. I've said my piece , you've said yours. Time to move on.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Perhaps you missed what I wrote about you yesterday Kath. I don't think you're a liar. I just think you are wrong on this issue

And actually no NWS didn't tweet out the truth. Actually as far as that goes. All Trump said was that it looked like Alabama COULD be hit harder than previously thought.

Surely you realize that nothing the NWS tweets out in terms of weather predictions should ever be absolute. Those guys are worse at predicting the weather than CNN is about predicting who will win Presidential elections. But they DID tweet out as absolute. They did this as a way of saying "Trump is wrong" and no their job most certainly is NOT to say "the President is wrong" they in fact fucking work for Trump. He has every authority to tell them to stop tweeting shit out. That you don't like this fact does not make it any less true.

This is just one of those issues where you personally have let your dislike for Trump cloud your judgement and I for one am not going to let it ruin what I said about you yesterday, so I surrender. I've said my piece , you've said yours. Time to move on.
    I don't know if you are now suffering from Trumpitis or just being an ass. Alabama is on the Gulf, I think we can agree? By the time Trump first stated anything about crosshairs, Dorian was already beginning its eastern march from the Bahamas. the only discussion left is whether it as hitting central or northern FL? Not long later, even hitting FL at all came under question.

There was no question about AL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't know if you are now suffering from Trumpitis or just being an ass. Alabama is on the Gulf, I think we can agree? By the time Trump first stated anything about crosshairs, Dorian was already beginning its eastern march from the Bahamas. the only discussion left is whether it as hitting central or northern FL? Not long later, even hitting FL at all came under question.

There was no question about AL.

So to recap this thread

We have differing opinions. I say I respect your opinion too much overall to let this thread ruin that respect so I'm done with the topic and you return my respect by calling me an ass who has Trumpitis because I disagree with you........ That about sum it up?

WOW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

So to recap this thread

We have differing opinions. I say I respect your opinion too much overall to let this thread ruin that respect so I'm done with the topic and you return my respect by calling me an ass who has Trumpitis because I disagree with you........ That about sum it up?

WOW
    We do disagree, the difference is you switched to suddenly arguing that Trump really, really may have been right. The NWS should have let Trump's tweet, wrong though it was, stand; irregardless of perhaps frightening potentially thousands of people? Got that right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

We do disagree, the difference is you switched to suddenly arguing that Trump really, really may have been right. The NWS should have let Trump's tweet, wrong though it was, stand; irregardless of perhaps frightening potentially thousands of people? Got that right?
    No , I didn't say Trump was right, I said NWS was wrong for tweeting out that Trump was wrong. And that Ross had every right to threaten to fire political appointees who work for him if they continued to allow people in their agency to publicly embarrass the boss.

That being said, This is at least the third time that I can remember where I have publicly defended you and posted that you are a plus to this board and you respond by lumping me in with the idiots who never think Trump is wrong , despite every evidence to the contrary. IOW you seem incapable of or unwilling to return the respect I give you , even when we disagree. So be it, it hurts my e feelings, but its all good.

Have a nice evening Kath.