Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grandma often said those black folk are know to carry knives and steal watermelons and corn... On the other hand Obama's Rev...
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    He didn't say she uttered a racial slur, he said racial stereotype HUGE DIFFERENCE.

TM, take a deep breath.

Did the pastor get a shocked or gasp of disbelief in the clips shown on TV? NO HE DID NOT the people were cheering. This means that this pastor has spewed hate like this before, this wasn't a one time or probably even a 10th time thing.

Throwing them away and putting them on your PRESIDENTIAL action committee are two different things, once again. Does this show a lack of basic understanding and committment to his all powerful togetherness????

How is this man going to get people together on a plateform of HOPE when he brings people like this to his committee????

You and MFM want to call everyong racist but this man and his blatent hatered of everything white stands beside your presidential hopeful and you guys are OK with it???

but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

You refuse to approach his speech with any spirit of fairness.

Like I said I had hoped, it was silly of me to do so.

Fortunately I still believe in the vast majority of Americans who can step outside of their partys preconcieved hate of anything not republican.

This speech will go down in history for its beauty and call for Americans to unite together in a period of time where hate has ruled for nearly a decade.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Mick, he didn't even distance himself. He uttered a few words to do so, but by the end of the speech he re-connected himself with Wright and his sad and scary beliefs by justifying them.

One good thing came out of it: All of his justifying shows us with certainty that he has for 20 years attended a church, and sat at the feet of a man, that reflect his true feelings about his country, and about whites.
    I always tell my kids, you are who you run with. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, but for those who don't truly know you, it is by your associations that you are known and judged.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You gotta love this desparation from truthdoesnt matter: 'if you'd only read and understand our liberal propaganda, then you'd understand our propaganda'.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

Fortunately I still believe in the vast majority of Americans who can step outside of their partys preconcieved hate of anything not republican.

This speech will go down in history for its beauty and call for Americans to unite together in a period of time where hate has ruled for nearly a decade.
    What the hell does that mean?
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whoa....whoa....whoa....hold on...is TM black? cuz then this would make a whole lot more sense.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dipshit, go read your previous post. Your said slur the first time I pointed out it was a stereotype.

Your a good one to post about preconcieved hated of anytype. You who have never admitted to wrong doing in the dem party. You who said the republicans must have fixed an election simply because the maker of the machines was a republican.

I've voted dem, I've said this many times. I don't vote party line and I think people who do so aren't looking at the issues. Can you say the same?? Have you ever in your life voted for a republican???

This speach isn't beautiful. It's a deflection with excuses made for why he didn't leave the church. You also still didn't answer my questions, feel free to read the post again.

Did the pastor get a shocked or gasp of disbelief in the clips shown on TV? NO HE DID NOT the people were cheering. This means that this pastor has spewed hate like this before, this wasn't a one time or probably even a 10th time thing.

Throwing them away and putting them on your PRESIDENTIAL action committee are two different things, once again. Does this show a lack of basic understanding and committment to his all powerful togetherness????

How is this man going to get people together on a plateform of HOPE when he brings people like this to his committee????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    that is how i kinda took it Abbey. at first i liked it...and then it just slipped into how it is really the whites fault that blacks or so angry. that is what i took from it.
    Here Monkey, I pulled this quote FROM THE SPEACH so that TM might have a fucking clue as to what your saying.

Understanding this reality requires a reminder of how we arrived at this point. As William Faulkner once wrote, “The past isn’t dead and buried. In fact, it isn’t even past.” We do not need to recite here the history of racial injustice in this country. But we do need to remind ourselves that so many of the disparities that exist in the African-American community today can be directly traced to inequalities passed on from an earlier generation that suffered under the brutal legacy of slavery and Jim Crow.

Segregated schools were, and are, inferior schools; we still haven’t fixed them, fifty years after Brown v. Board of Education, and the inferior education they provided, then and now, helps explain the pervasive achievement gap between today’s black and white students.

Legalized discrimination - where blacks were prevented, often through violence, from owning property, or loans were not granted to African-American business owners, or black homeowners could not access FHA mortgages, or blacks were excluded from unions, or the police force, or fire departments – meant that black families could not amass any meaningful wealth to bequeath to future generations. That history helps explain the wealth and income gap between black and white, and the concentrated pockets of poverty that persists in so many of today’s urban and rural
    Last edited by Nukeman; 03-18-2008 at 12:32 PM.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would say it was a pretty good speech, considering the audience it was intended for.....it wasn't directed at conservatives, it was directed at any liberals who had considered switching to Hillary following the uproar over his preacher.....in that light, I would say it was perfectly crafted to ease their worries.....it isn't going to make me switch from McCain to Obama, but I would say it will satisfy the typical liberal listener.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You will see nothing any one from the "other side" say as anything but propagnda.

To some of you were are only here to be despised and distrusted.

We cant possiblely be seen as fellow Americans who happen to disagree with some of your political views. We can never come together under any circumstances.

I though maybe we could, I was wrong.

There are some who can only see the world in terms of us and them. When someone tries to entreat you to join together in efforts that would benifit all you shirk away and say they are lying and evil.

Heres the really sad part. The rest of America will go on without you then. You will still benifit from the good deeds it creates but you will stand and call them evil too.

You will be a stranger in a strange land in your own home country. When that time comes just remember we dont hate you even while you bask in hate for the rest of us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Quote from the speech

I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely – just as I’m sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.
    This is cover because he fears that there is a video that shows him slapping the reverend on the back following one of his remarks... He desires to equate his reverends hate to something your reverend has said without knowing your reverend... that's a stretch!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You will see nothing any one from the "other side" say as anything but propagnda.

We cant possiblely be seen as fellow Americans who happen to disagree with some of your political views. We can never come together under any circumstances.

There are some who can only see the world in terms of us and them. When someone tries to entreat you to join together in efforts that would benifit all you shirk away and say they are lying and evil.

Heres the really sad part. The rest of America will go on without you then. You will still benifit from the good deeds it creates but you will stand and call them evil too.

You will be a stranger in a strange land in your own home country. When that time comes just remember we dont hate you even while you bask in hate for the rest of us.
    So what your saying is as long as we agree WITH YOU than everything in the world will be right. IF we DON"T agree with you than we are evil, hate filled and lying!!! I get it now!!! thanks for opening my eyes to the truth..... If only we could all think just like you than the world would be perfect!!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I would say it was a pretty good speech, considering the audience it was intended for.....it wasn't directed at conservatives, it was directed at any liberals who had considered switching to Hillary following the uproar over his preacher.....in that light, I would say it was perfectly crafted to ease their worries.....it isn't going to make me switch from McCain to Obama, but I would say it will satisfy the typical liberal listener.....
    PMP, he could have recited the menu from McDonalds, and it would have satisfied the typical liberal listener. I think he would have been smart to try to gain the votes of more moderate/swing folks by easing their worries, but I doubt that he accomplished that.

Btw, are you saying that justifying the preacher's commments is what libs wanted to hear? Which worries were being eased?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Pot meet Kettle

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Wow, that sounds exactly like what Rev. Wrong was doing.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey