Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

One more liberal democrat trying to save his ass from reality.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

I had hope that you would actually read the entire speech and listen to what he was saying.
    You had hope for what? That we would all be a guilable as you!!! That we would actually believe HE wrote the speach?? That he wont say or do anything he needs to get elected. For Christ's sake woman he is a POLITICIAN who will say and do whatever he thinks will get him elected.

You were right on one part of yoru statement there. YOU are FOOLISH!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

I had hope that you would actually read the entire speech and listen to what he was saying.
    We did listen to the entire speech, and commented very specifically on its content. You, on the other hand, just had a typical lib emotional response, and do not seem to have heard the actual words. I hope that you and other Americans will be able to wipe the glistening tears from your eyes and see reality, but I am not terribly hopeful.

I pray that we don't end up with a President who thinks it's understandable and right to feel violent anger towards white people, and damnation towards his own country! I pray that we don't have a President who takes regular advice from a man in a tin foil hat who says the white-run gov't purposely foisted HIV on blacks to exterminate them. I pray that we don't end up with a first lady who, until her husband was running for President, was ashamed of her country.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 03-18-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Obama spent a minute or two condemning Wright's racist and anti-American rants. If he had stopped there, it might have been ok. But he then spent the bulk of the speech justifying the rants, by trying to convince us that it is all so understandable given the realities of life in Amercia for black people. In the end, he trashed a great opportunity to distance himself from Wright and assuage Amercia's fears about his true agenda.

I think he made things even worse for himself today.
    that is how i kinda took it Abbey. at first i liked it...and then it just slipped into how it is really the whites fault that blacks or so angry. that is what i took from it.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I understand.

I had hope.

It was foolish of me.

you are a joke.

Because we don't agree with you and can see through the crap, we must not have read or listened to his speech. Typical.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Do you think there is a difference between your grandma uttering a racial stereotype and a pastor saying whites developed AIDS to kill black folks????

How about uttering a statement saying blacks who commit crims against other blacks are fighting the wrong enemy?????????????? I see this statement as encouraging violence against whites.

Maybe it's just me, but I do see a difference.

He was saying he loved them both even though they are human beings with flaws like all human beings.

Yes they are not exactly the same but think for one moment you are a seven year old half black child and you overhear your beloved white Grandmother utter a racial slur. Do you really think that would even compare to being a 30 year old man and hearing your dear pastor who speaks 99% of the time of love and hope has made a sermon with some of these types of coments in them?

You can stick with Obama should spew hate for these people or you can realize people are imperfect and you dont throw them away on a scrap of their lives when they are reacting in a base manner.

I know this will mean nothing to you but I did have some hope.

I realize to some hope is a dirty word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    that is how i kinda took it Abbey. at first i liked it...and then it just slipped into how it is really the whites fault that blacks or so angry. that is what i took from it.

Then you did not read the whole thing.

If this is what you came away with you could NOT have read the whole thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

On what basis do you deem him a liar?
    He's a politician running for office and his lips are moving.

I didn't like it for the reasons in my first post. It was damage control coupled with an effort to take the focus off of his controversial spiritual advisor. He refuses to distance himself from controversial figures for fear of losing the votes they can bring to his camp, pure and simple. His fear of offending anyone is offensive in itself. He campaigns with words like "change" and "hope," he talks of bringing the country together, yet he attends an ethnocentric church, which, until recently, proudly proclaimed this fact. He cherishes the relationship he has with a bigoted minister, yet claims his words of hate over twenty years have not influenced him, in fact, Obama claims to not agree with Wright's black supremacist attitudes. For twenty years Obama has listened to Wright spew hatred, yet still he refuses to "disown" the good reverend. Let me tell you, I have a cousin who is a bigot, I haven't talked to him in over twenty years for that one reason. I don't agree with his views. I walked away from family because he is a bigot. If your core beliefs are strong enough, you can walk away from those whose views you find offensive, even if they are family, close family. If you have enough integrity, it is really quite easy.

Obama's speech today was nothing more than empty lip service designed to deflect legitimate criticism about a man who has influenced and shaped his life for twenty years or so.

Hell, Geraldine Ferraro took a bigger hit than Wright did. What does that tell you?
    Last edited by hjmick; 03-18-2008 at 12:07 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

He was saying he loved them both even though they are human beings with flaws like all human beings.

Yes they are not exactly the same but think for one moment you are a seven year old half black child and you overhear your beloved white Grandmother utter a racial slur. Do you really think that would even compare to being a 30 year old man and hearing your dear pastor who speaks 99% of the time of love and hope has made a sermon with some of these types of coments in them?

You can stick with Obama should spew hate for these people or you can realize people are imperfect and you dont throw them away on a scrap of their lives when they are reacting in a base manner.

The bolded part!!! can you prove your assumption or are you just talking out your ass. T

This man has been very confrontational EVERY time he has been in front of the camera. HE has never apologized for his remarks yet you expect all of us to give him a free pass due to your assumptions that 99% of the time he is OK. You are one hard headed imbecile I must say.....
    Last edited by Nukeman; 03-18-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i did read the whole thing re re and probably more clearly than you since i didn't have tears in my eyes of white guilt. give me a break. he is just trying to get out this

i am part of the opinion that you want things to change? then stop spewing this sorta thing to your kids.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

He didn't say she uttered a racial slur, he said racial stereotype HUGE DIFFERENCE.

TM, take a deep breath.

Did the pastor get a shocked or gasp of disbelief in the clips shown on TV? NO HE DID NOT the people were cheering. This means that this pastor has spewed hate like this before, this wasn't a one time or probably even a 10th time thing.

Throwing them away and putting them on your PRESIDENTIAL action committee are two different things, once again. Does this show a lack of basic understanding and committment to his all powerful togetherness????

How is this man going to get people together on a plateform of HOPE when he brings people like this to his committee????

You and MFM want to call everyong racist but this man and his blatent hatered of everything white stands beside your presidential hopeful and you guys are OK with it???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A old white woman walking down the street in Kansas thirty five years ago sees a black man passing and says (fill in the blank)... What do you think she said to Obama... that N probably want to meet your momma since I'm too old to have been the one to have you... get a grasp... he made the shit up as cover...
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
    ---Thomas Jefferson (or as Al Sharpton calls him: Grandpappy)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    He's a politician running for office and his lips are moving.

I didn't like it for the reasons in my first post. It was damage control coupled with an effort to take the focus off of his controversial spiritual advisor. He refuses to distance himself from controversial figures for fear of losing the votes they can bring to his camp, pure and simple. His fear of offending anyone is offensive in itself. He campaigns with words like "change" and "hope," he talks of bringing the country together, yet he attends an ethnocentric church, which, until recently, proudly proclaimed this fact. He cherishes the relationship he has with a bigoted minister, yet claims his words of hate over twenty years have not influenced him, in fact, Obama claims to not agree with Wright's black supremacist attitudes. For twenty years Obama has listened to Wright spew hatred, yet still he refuses to "disown" the good reverend. Let me tell you, I have a cousin who is a bigot, I haven't talked to him in over twenty years for that one reason. I don't agree with his views. I walked away from family because he is a bigot. If your core beliefs are strong enough, you can walk away from those whose views you find offensive, even if they are family, close family. If you have enough integrity, it is really quite easy.

Obama's speech today was nothing more than empty lip service designed to deflect legitimate criticism about a man who has influenced and shaped his life for twenty years or so.

Hell, Geraldine Ferraro took a bigger hit than Wright did. What does that tell you?

Mick, he didn't even distance himself. He uttered a few words to do so, but by the end of the speech he re-connected himself with Wright and his sad and scary beliefs by justifying them.

One good thing came out of it: All of his justifying shows us with certainty that he has for 20 years attended a church, and sat at the feet of a man, that reflect his true feelings about his country, and about whites.
    Last edited by Abbey Marie; 03-18-2008 at 12:13 PM.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    He didn't say she uttered a racial slur, he said racial stereotype HUGE DIFFERENCE.

TM, take a deep breath.

Did the pastor get a shocked or gasp of disbelief in the clips shown on TV? NO HE DID NOT the people were cheering. This means that this pastor has spewed hate like this before, this wasn't a one time or probably even a 10th time thing.

Throwing them away and putting them on your PRESIDENTIAL action committee are two different things, once again. Does this show a lack of basic understanding and committment to his all powerful togetherness????

How is this man going to get people together on a plateform of HOPE when he brings people like this to his committee????

You and MFM want to call everyong racist but this man and his blatent hatered of everything white stands beside your presidential hopeful and you guys are OK with it???
    Wish I could rep you again!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't be an idiot---even you can't prove that you read the whole thing.

A nutcase will do nutty things.