Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Okay, so then the admin is still guilty of gross negligence, and there is still that whole, "There are no 'black sites..... Oh, you mean those black sites, yeah, well, we need those". Bush has been a shitty president, I say this not as a Democrat, just a flat observation. He has betrayed the ideals of the republic, and of the conservative (It's fraud if you say you sell yourself as a conservative republican, and inflate government more than any admin in history, while reducing the power of the senate, where the power of a republic is based.).

He was either negligent, or willfully ignorant of what was happening, there is no chance, with the need for paperwork, that it never made it to him. Either way, he has cast a stain on the office of the president, and illuminated the reason for the checks and balances that he manipulated in his time. Somehow in the highest levels knew what was happening, if so many at the base knew what was going on, it's just not possible that the shit didn't start rolling from the top of the hill.
    In other words, no matter how preposterous the accusation, if one lame accusation doesn't work shit to another?

I'm far from a GWB fan, but saying he has cast a stain on the office of the President of the US is just flat-out grasping for straws in desperation. Your baseless hypothesis that what were clearly the amateurish methods of sadistic, immature and cruel military personnel powertripping on prisoners completely defies any logic and/or common sense.

If their individual and collective unlawful treatment of prisoners casts a stain on the Office of the President of the US, then the opposite must be true, correct? All individual acts of heroism/devotion above and beyond the call of duty directly shine a Heavenly light on the Office of the President, right?

Get some reality in your argument.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default DragonStryk72

DragonStryk72
    Your sig line
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    reminds me of a Borowitz' article that I saw today:

Breaking News
    McCain Concludes Fact-hiding Mission to Iraq
    Mac: ‘Omission Accomplished’

Presumptive G.O.P. nominee John McCain wrapped up his fact-hiding mission to Iraq today, declaring the trip an unqualified success.

“My friends, I came to Iraq to hide the facts about the way the war is going, and in that I have succeeded,” Sen. McCain told reporters. “Omission accomplished.”

Sen. McCain praised his campaign staff for steering clear of visual evidence of recent violence in Baghdad: “Thanks to the hard work of my advance team, the surge has the appearance of working.”

The Arizona senator said that his trip to Iraq was successful in part because he was able to obscure the actual facts with new facts of his own creation.

“It’s a well known fact that Iran is training al-Qaeda,” Sen. McCain said. “And if it wasn’t a well-known fact before, it is now.”

In a speech commemorating the fifth anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, President Bush echoed Sen. McCain’s fact-hiding theme.

“As far as the war is concerned, the facts speak for themselves,” Mr. Bush said. “So I won’t mention any of them.”

Mr. Bush acknowledged that the war still presented certain challenges, but concluded on an upbeat note: “Iraq today is in better shape than Bear Stearns.”

Elsewhere, President Bush said that the economy was not in a recession, leading economists to conclude that the economy was in a recession.

Elsewhere, President Bush expressed support for Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, telling reporters, “Just because somebody didn’t get the most votes doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be president.”

Elsewhere, in response to the controversy over the CIA’s waterboarding videotapes, President Bush reaffirmed his Administration’s opposition to videotaping.

http://www.borowitzreport.com/
    War, n: A time-tested political tactic guaranteed to raise a president’s popularity rating by at least 30 points. It is especially useful during election years and economic downturns.