Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maineman View Post
    and they ALL feel that the president detests them?

I keep in close contact with many of my former shipmates and classmates still on active duty. Very few of them have such an attitude about our President.
    Let me put it this way: I don't "keep in close contact" with active duty, I work with them every day for 8 hours. I don't go around talking about the President to all of them (we usually have more important things to do), so I can't answer your question, but I can tell you I never hear any praise about him. They are military and Obama is their CNC, so they can't come out and say too much. When we civilians talk about Obama policies they laugh in agreement how rediculous Obama's policies are. Its well understood that this is going to be just like the Clinton years, where the military just need to keep their mouth shut and nose to the grinder and ride the storm of yet another slackjawed liberal CNC.

When I served it was mostly under Bush (but I did join during the Clinton years), and I remember vividly how upset the older military people were that Clinton gutted the military the way he did. How he willingly threw military commanders under the bus for HIS mistakes in policy. Didn't see any of that attitude during the Bush years, most people liked Bush as a CNC.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

and they ALL feel that the president detests them?

I keep in close contact with many of my former shipmates and classmates still on active duty. Very few of them have such an attitude about our President.
    Was that on the Good ship Lollipop ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    You know at one point I thought Obama was the man to vote for, then I listened to that nut job Hilliary talking about how her name isn't Hilliary Rodham Clinton if she doesn't have the troops out of Iraq and back home within one month of taking office , well we all know what a whack job she is, but then they played Obama's response, he promised to have them out with in 3 months, but he wasn't bringing them home he was sending them to the REAL war in Afghanistan,I knew then he was as full as shit as Hilliary just not quite as stupid, Well we are still in Iraq so there is #1 lie, but if he couldn't get us out of there and send the soldiers to the REAL war what the hell is the question about sending others to Afghanistan?
    Yup, funny how you don't hear liberals like MFM screaming about Obama lying about pulling the troops out. Obama quickly adopted the policy of Bush once he got into office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Yup, funny how you don't hear liberals like MFM screaming about Obama lying about pulling the troops out. Obama quickly adopted the policy of Bush once he got into office.
    I don't think he had any choice but to do so, he lied all threw his campaign and idiots like MM ate it all up, and now won't admit the man is a liar

maine, for now.... Merida, Mexico in 2011
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the world situation is very fluid. I have no desire to see my president so rigid that he cannot adapt to changing circumstances.

Since our last election, Afghanistan has also had an obviously fraudulent election which calls into question the legitimacy of their government. If we do not have a legitimate partner with the support of the people, our mission in Afghanistan must necessarily be modified... wouldn't that make sense? Or would you prefer that Obama continue on the same path regardless of what happens to make travelling on that path an ill advised journey?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

the world situation is very fluid. I have no desire to see my president so rigid that he cannot adapt to changing circumstances.

Since our last election, Afghanistan has also had an obviously fraudulent election which calls into question the legitimacy of their government. If we do not have a legitimate partner with the support of the people, our mission in Afghanistan must necessarily be modified... wouldn't that make sense? Or would you prefer that Obama continue on the same path regardless of what happens to make travelling on that path an ill advised journey?
    This whole post = Obama is a liar but I still love to kiss his butt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The question is simple.

Who knows more about the strategy, the general in charge or Obama?

The choice to make is simple as well. If you want to win you add and pursue. If you want to withdraw...then withdraw. Either is OK with me. Anything in the middle is leaving soldiers in harms way without the resources to win. THAT is unacceptable.

Elementary my dear Watson.
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Regardless of the political situation, the troops on the ground are getting hit hard there right now. We need more troops, we need a much bigger military period so we don't have to deploy the same troops over and over for an on-going war.

Yes, the world situation is very fluid. And we are stuck with an inept President that is so ill-qualified for the job he is contradicting himself at every turn. He ran on the premise of getting out of Iraq and providing more troops and resources for the "good" war we should be fighting in Afghanistan against those who attacked us on 9/11. Yet today we're still in Iraq and now he is refusing to give more help in Afghanistan.

Then there is his disgraceful speech at the UN. He essencially tells the world we US will never be a super power again, and we need to abandon the old "cold war" ways of thinking. Then he turns around and starts telling the world we need to embrace "nuclear proliferation", a cold war idea. Its an absolutely idiotic idea to believe nuclear proliferation will ever work, history has proven this. If a nation wants to get nuclear power, it will. Nothing has stopped, nor will stop dictators from obtaining the technology. The only thing nuclear proliferation will do is eliminate the US aresnal while everyone else stocks up. Instead of speaking against dictators and thugs that support terrorism, he is going after technology.
    Last edited by theHawk; 09-24-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Regardless of the political situation, the troops on the ground are getting hit hard there right now. We need more troops, we need a much bigger military period so we don't have to deploy the same troops over and over for an on-going war.

Yes, the world situation is very fluid. And we are stuck with an inept President that is so ill-qualified for the job he is contradicting himself at every turn. He ran on the premise of getting out of Iraq and providing more troops and resources for the "good" war we should be fighting in Afghanistan against those who attacked us on 9/11. Yet today we're still in Iraq and now he is refusing to give more help in Afghanistan.

Then there is his disgraceful speech at the UN. He essencially tells the world we US will never be a super power again, and we need to abandon the old "cold war" ways of thinking. Then he turns around and starts telling the world we need to embrace "nuclear proliferation", a cold war idea. Its an absolutely idiotic idea to believe nuclear proliferation will ever work, history has proven this. If a nation wants to get nuclear power, it will. Nothing has stopped, nor will stop dictators from obtaining the technology. The only thing nuclear proliferation will do is eliminate the US aresnal while everyone else stocks up. Instead of speaking against dictators and thugs that support terrorism, he is going after technology.

I would love to see a quote from President Obama where he "embraced nucleat proliferation".

When you get that.... please post it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

So far, he's come across as being too limp to adapt to anything. What I don't understand is this, Obama insisted that the stimulus had to be passed immediately or America as we knew it would cease to exist, he insists that the healthcare bill has to be passed immediately or millions will die and those who don't die will lose their homes because of their medical bills. It doesn't matter that no one reads these piles of shit they all vote in favor of, it doesn't matter that no one knows what's in them or how much they will cost, they must be passed, damn it! But when the general HE selected to run the war in Afghanistan says, "Yo, I need 40,000 more troops or all will be lost," all of a sudden we hear the screech of the brakes, there is pressure to keep the request under wraps, the Washington post is encouraged by the Pentagon to hold the story about the request for more troops, and almost a month later Obama hasn't made a decision on the matter. Maybe if he spent less time trying sell this half-baked ill conceived healthcare debacle on six different network shows and more time in his office, a decision could have already been made. But no, almost a month after McChrystal says he needs more troops, Barack is still Hmmming and Hahing, waiting for the polls to come in more than likely. So don't feed me this bullshit about not wanting a President "so rigid that he cannot adapt to changing circumstances" because as far as I'm concerned, right now we've got a President too afraid to make a decision about what is essentially the welfare of our troops in the field. Either send more troops, or bring the ones there home now. Either way, quit being a fucking pussy.

Since our last election, Afghanistan has also had an obviously fraudulent election which calls into question the legitimacy of their government.
    Are you saying that our last election was fraudulent? Because this is what your words say...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    So far, he's come across as being too limp to adapt to anything. What I don't understand is this, Obama insisted that the stimulus had to be passed immediately or America as we knew it would cease to exist, he insists that the healthcare bill has to be passed immediately or millions will die and those who don't die will lose their homes because of their medical bills. It doesn't matter that no one reads these piles of shit they all vote in favor of, it doesn't matter that no one knows what's in them or how much they will cost, they must be passed, damn it! But when the general HE selected to run the war in Afghanistan says, "Yo, I need 40,000 more troops or all will be lost," all of a sudden we hear the screech of the brakes, there is pressure to keep the request under wraps, the Washington post is encouraged by the Pentagon to hold the story about the request for more troops, and almost a month later Obama hasn't made a decision on the matter. Maybe if he spent less time trying sell this half-baked ill conceived healthcare debacle on six different network shows and more time in his office, a decision could have already been made. But no, almost a month after McChrystal says he needs more troops, Barack is still Hmmming and Hahing, waiting for the polls to come in more than likely. So don't feed me this bullshit about not wanting a President "so rigid that he cannot adapt to changing circumstances" because as far as I'm concerned, right now we've got a President too afraid to make a decision about what is essentially the welfare of our troops in the field. Either send more troops, or bring the ones there home now. Either way, quit being a fucking pussy.

Are you saying that our last election was fraudulent? Because this is what your words say...
    LOL@MM, he will wiggle out of it with a bunch of lies

Obama is the president for 1 reason, well a couple, he is black so he can reach a whole other set of voters and he is a good salesman, but he is failing,
    he has gotten caught up in thinking he is really something and he is only A pawn for the dems, they tried to use him to sell there agenda and Obama didn't realize he was suppose to be just a salesman and has his own agenda, he is a bright fellow, but no he can't figure out what to do in Afghanistan about troops, cause your Dems don't want wars, he don't want to hurt his people, and your Liberal quacks just sit around like a teenage girl on prom night smiling cause there guy is in office

Meanwhile we lose more men and woman all in the name of Politics , how patriotic of this administration!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post

I have no problem with him taking more time in deciding to risk American lives than he does in deciding to risk American money.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and you think that taking more than 21 days to decide to send more americans into harm's way is too long? Have you ever been in the military, btw?
    Sometimes I wonder if YOU'VE been in the military....

The late Sen. Teddy Kennedy, having achieved the lofty position of Private in the course of his military career, knew more about the military than the pinhead, now in the Oval Office, knows.....
    "Ignorance is not bliss...ignorance is dangerous" - Silver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if YOU'VE been in the military....

The late Sen. Teddy Kennedy, having achieved the lofty position of Private in the course of his military career, knew more about the military than the pinhead, now in the Oval Office, knows.....
    we know YOU were in...four years of peeling potatoes...

With the revelation of the rampant fraud in the last Afghan election, Obama now runs the risk of repeating the LBJ support of the equally fraudulent Diem regime in Vietnam. I am all for a careful reevaluation of our strategy in that region in light of that election. And you, I suppose, would simply pour in more troops to prop up what appears to be a less than legitimate regime? Now THAT will be sure to win the hearts and minds of the Afghan people, won't it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful HoneyBee View Post
    Interesting you mention poppies because I just watched a show on NatGeo about heroin and they said that approximately 90% of the heroin being distributed throughout the world comes from Afghanistan.

But, the original purpose was to ferret out the Taliban and Al-Quaeda, basically...get them before they get us again. However, I don't feel that the rest of the world is really doing their part in the effort. Here's why:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost...6&postcount=14
    Being that yer in the South I'm sure you have had experience with Fire ant control in your yard, right? Did ya have success? That is my analogy of Afghanistan, Al-Quaeda and the Taliban. I'll explain if I must when I have time to post more.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?