Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Personally, im not a gun person. I prefer hand to hand combat.

However, with that said, I think its rather stupid to say people cant defend themselves with guns. I also think that the government seems to confused gun control, with gun bans. And I dont think the government has the authority to ban guns.
    The government doesn't, but the libs are doing everything they can to ban them.

There are only two times to use a gun. To protect your life or to protect someone elses life.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Personally, im not a gun person. I prefer hand to hand combat.

However, with that said, I think its rather stupid to say people cant defend themselves with guns. I also think that the government seems to confused gun control, with gun bans. And I dont think the government has the authority to ban guns.
    Ironic though that if they choose to ban guns, it will be at the point of a gun.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    In Ohio you have to take a course and get certified to carry. Basically it says that you are now responsible for what you do with that gun.

I'm all for people being armed, but there are people out there that are just not competent. And they can be as dangerous as the criminals. But an armed population is a safer population.

The meth head situation sounds like a don't draw situation to me. When he's already pointing it at your head you just back off and don't threaten. To draw on him would then invite a shoot out. Before you do that you have to be aware of what's behind you. What's behind him. And who's around the two of you.

Being aware of your surroundings is one of the first things taught in the certification classes. And its the first thing to be forgotten when a situation arises.
    What I missed in the scenario is how the person came upon the meth head. That would dictate the action. How did this person get from Point A to having a gun pointed at his head?

If you start from having the gun at your head, of course you don't draw.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What I missed in the scenario is how the person came upon the meth head. That would dictate the action. How did this person get from Point A to having a gun pointed at his head?

If you start from having the gun at your head, of course you don't draw.
    Yeah would help to know the whole scenario. If I saw something like that going on I would approach with my gun drawn. And provided the woman is out of the way as soon as he started pointing the gun in my direction I would drop him.

I believe he said wasn't carrying. Just stepped in to help the woman when the guy produced the gun.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    No. I think a person should PROVE their right to self-defense via a gun.
    For proof, reference the US Constitution, 2nd Amendment.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    What do YOU think about Gun-Control? To me, it means not jerking the trigger and missing the target. It means 'hold your breath, and SQUEEZE - don't PULL - the trigger.
    that is what it means to me as well................

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Yeah would help to know the whole scenario. If I saw something like that going on I would approach with my gun drawn. And provided the woman is out of the way as soon as he started pointing the gun in my direction I would drop him.

I believe he said wasn't carrying. Just stepped in to help the woman when the guy produced the gun.

LOL ... guess it would be kind of hard to drop him if you aren't carrying. In that case, he probably did the best he could under the circumstances, sinc eno one was killed.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    that is what it means to me as well................
    Don't know where I missed this, but you don't hold your breath. Makes your hand shake. You squeeze the trigger at the end of an exhalation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default my first reply posting

First off...I am from Nevada, an open carry state. I am trained lightly in most forms of martial arts and am constantly armed with at least a knife if not several as well as my gun. Most people fail to realize that the states with the most restrictive gun control laws have the highest crime rate, those with minor gun control laws have signifacantly lower crime rate. This is because who do gun laws protect....Criminals. As for the age old comment of children shooting themselves...and hence gun safety laws, gunsafes, etc... Teach your damn children...that's it..short and sweet.
    When I was 8 I had a friend over and we were watching an action movie and started talking about guns...My mother had gone to the store and dad was an hour from getting home from work. I mentioned that we had guns in the house and my friend wanted to see them. I said ok, in an hour we can. He wanted to see them NOW. My reply was why. We can't do anything with them now, but in an hour we can clean them and then go shooting.
    Everything ties in with Blaming anyone and anything for what our kids do, except ourselves and what we teach them...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Norse_soul View Post
    First off...I am from Nevada, an open carry state. I am trained lightly in most forms of martial arts and am constantly armed with at least a knife if not several as well as my gun. Most people fail to realize that the states with the most restrictive gun control laws have the highest crime rate, those with minor gun control laws have signifacantly lower crime rate. This is because who do gun laws protect....Criminals. As for the age old comment of children shooting themselves...and hence gun safety laws, gunsafes, etc... Teach your damn children...that's it..short and sweet.
    When I was 8 I had a friend over and we were watching an action movie and started talking about guns...My mother had gone to the store and dad was an hour from getting home from work. I mentioned that we had guns in the house and my friend wanted to see them. I said ok, in an hour we can. He wanted to see them NOW. My reply was why. We can't do anything with them now, but in an hour we can clean them and then go shooting.
    Everything ties in with Blaming anyone and anything for what our kids do, except ourselves and what we teach them...
    I agree. I taught my daughters when they were young to shoot, and let them shoot some cantaloupes so they could see exactly what bullets did, and had the long, Dad to daughters talk about how "if that was a human ..."

Both are grown now and neither one ever touched one of my guns without permission and supervision.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I agree. I taught my daughters when they were young to shoot, and let them shoot some cantaloupes so they could see exactly what bullets did, and had the long, Dad to daughters talk about how "if that was a human ..."

Both are grown now and neither one ever touched one of my guns without permission and supervision.
    I have a co-worker who gave me a wonderful training Idea. You give your kid a 1/2 dollar piece and a hammer. Tell them to beat the crap out of it for half an hour and bring it back. When they see how much damage they do to it after beating on it till their arm hurts, shoot it with a pistol and then give it back to them. They'll really see the difference then...
    Press 1 for english; Se habla Espaniol press 2 to connect you directly to the nearest police department for immediate arrest, detainment, confiscation of all your 'Stolen' assets, and deportation...thank you for calling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No gun control.

None.

Repeal the NFA.

Throw KKKlintoon into prison for the Brady Bunch Bill.

Fuck gun snatchers.

My cold, dead fingers bitch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recently sold my massive Remington 11-48 semi-auto 12 guage shotgun. I don't hunt & something that large isn't exactly practical as far as self-defense goes.

I'm in Georgia.

The price of my new gun, a 9mm, has a $25 charge for a background check. If I want to transport the gun, I can either set it on the dash or passenger's seat of the car OR I need a conceal & carry permit. Without the permit, owning a gun is all but criminal. Afterall, are you going to leave valuables sitting out in the open, or are you going to hide them in your car and/or take them with you when you leave the car? The conceal & carry permit law is designed to make owning a gun difficult.

The permit costs $45 & takes three months to get.

They've already established the idea that they have the right to deny you the right afforded you in the 2nd. To that, I ditto Nate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roopull View Post
    I recently sold my massive Remington 11-48 semi-auto 12 guage shotgun. I don't hunt & something that large isn't exactly practical as far as self-defense goes.

I'm in Georgia.

The price of my new gun, a 9mm, has a $25 charge for a background check. If I want to transport the gun, I can either set it on the dash or passenger's seat of the car OR I need a conceal & carry permit. Without the permit, owning a gun is all but criminal. Afterall, are you going to leave valuables sitting out in the open, or are you going to hide them in your car and/or take them with you when you leave the car? The conceal & carry permit law is designed to make owning a gun difficult.

The permit costs $45 & takes three months to get.

They've already established the idea that they have the right to deny you the right afforded you in the 2nd. To that, I ditto Nate.
    Where in Ga. are you?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't it funny how liberals pick and choose which Constitutional Rights need a permit? They say we need to crack down on guns and monitor who owns what, but don't we dare try to inhibit the freedom of the press.....even though lies are far more dangerous than guns.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.