Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    LOL! I always felt bad for the poor slug carrying the mortar baseplate. Fortunately that wasn' t me!
    When the mortar platoon went out with us, which wasn't often, we had to lug their mortars.

And I hate leeches too. The water leeches were a foot to a foot and a half long and the ground leeches were over an inch. Got a picture of a water leech in my photo album for anyone interested.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    When the mortar platoon went out with us, which wasn't often, we had to lug their mortars.

And I hate leeches too. The water leeches were a foot to a foot and a half long and the ground leeches were over an inch. Got a picture of a water leech in my photo album for anyone interested.
    EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! That's disgusting!
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Just picture one of those things wrapping itself around your leg. Everything over there wanted to bite you, sting you, or suck your blood.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Just picture one of those things wrapping itself around your leg. Everything over there wanted to bite you, sting you, or suck your blood.
    My proverbial hat is off to you, sir. Very much so.
    Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I hate leeches too! Though not the monsters that Gaffer was addressing, when I was canoeing in Canadian/Minnesotan waters, we went swimming. I was 15 or so. Got out of the water and was covered with leeches. The guide lit matches by them to get them to drop off. Problem with one, well it was with bikini held together with silver O rings strategically placed. The leeches seemed to like those holes, so....

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I hate leeches too! Though not the monsters that Gaffer was addressing, when I was canoeing in Canadian/Minnesotan waters, we went swimming. I was 15 or so. Got out of the water and was covered with leeches. The guide lit matches by them to get them to drop off. Problem with one, well it was with bikini held together with silver O rings strategically placed. The leeches seemed to like those holes, so....
    Sometimes necessity overcomes modesty. Kinda like the kids in Stand By Me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man,according to recent research water and green tea is the best way to lose your weight.I took 8 to 12 glasses of water gradually and 2 to 3 cups of tea in day.Now i feel much difference in my weight.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    A year later and eating better and not smoking hasn't left me losing very much weight. Too much fluctuation (and too much junk food). This was taken right after I walked in the door from the gym a few minutes ago. I'm not in the habit of wearing the "muscle beaters", but after sitting in the sauna and working out, my body needs the air! That, and this gives the haters a chance to tell me how much tattoos suck!

Jimmy, i've been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week since Thanksgiving before last. I want you to do me a favor....go to this link:http://www.amazon.com/Supermen-Build.../dp/B006OBAVIA

Buy this fucking book, this guy works out at my gym, in fact all 5 of those guys on the cover do ages 54-25 and they are ripped. I bought his book from him right inside the gym(Golds) and it has changed the game, you will find out that half the shit people do at the gym gets them nowhere and that you don't really need variety in your workouts.........just core muscle building exercises, no cheating and no skipping days.........and a sensible diet.

Spend the money, you won't regret it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Jimmy, i've been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week since Thanksgiving before last. I want you to do me a favor....go to this link:http://www.amazon.com/Supermen-Build.../dp/B006OBAVIA

Buy this fucking book, this guy works out at my gym, in fact all 5 of those guys on the cover do ages 54-25 and they are ripped. I bought his book from him right inside the gym(Golds) and it has changed the game, you will find out that half the shit people do at the gym gets them nowhere and that you don't really need variety in your workouts.........just core muscle building exercises, no cheating and no skipping days.........and a sensible diet.

Spend the money, you won't regret it.
    How's about you mail me yours? LOL

I see they have a kindle version, I'll look into it. I believe the hype though, as one of the trainers at my gym told me the same thing, that all the fancy machines don't do much for you. He point blank said it was all about the core. He changed my exercise routine entirely and I'm seeing very good results, and half of them I can do at home! If I could find a way to lay off of the junk food, I'd be a good looking bastard instead of a fat bastard! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    How's about you mail me yours? LOL

I see they have a kindle version, I'll look into it. I believe the hype though, as one of the trainers at my gym told me the same thing, that all the fancy machines don't do much for you. He point blank said it was all about the core. He changed my exercise routine entirely and I'm seeing very good results, and half of them I can do at home! If I could find a way to lay off of the junk food, I'd be a good looking bastard instead of a fat bastard! LOL
    Not just about the core but everything else too, just dumbells, barbells and FUCK AN A HEAVY WEIGHTS! Presses, squats etc. etc. I started with him(i'm lifting with that gang now) about a month 1/2 ago and there has not been a day since where I don't have any soreness which is a good thing this early in the game I guess.

Its all condensed down, just a few core exercises done in different ways and you always change your reps and weights from workout to workout........best purchase I ever made!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Not just about the core but everything else too, just dumbells, barbells and FUCK AN A HEAVY WEIGHTS! Presses, squats etc. etc. I started with him(i'm lifting with that gang now) about a month 1/2 ago and there has not been a day since where I don't have any soreness which is a good thing this early in the game I guess.

Its all condensed down, just a few core exercises done in different ways and you always change your reps and weights from workout to workout........best purchase I ever made!
    Basically what I do as well. I really like the workouts (not necessarily while I'm soing them!) and that plus the crossfit is really working well for me.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Basically what I do as well. I really like the workouts (not necessarily while I'm soing them!) and that plus the crossfit is really working well for me.
    Oh man! We got a few crossfit crazies at the gym! I see the benefits of it but it would kill me eventually. Got 1 kid who has somebody hold his legs up while he goes around the gym hand walking and then stops and does pushups to exhaustion, ouch!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Oh man! We got a few crossfit crazies at the gym! I see the benefits of it but it would kill me eventually. Got 1 kid who has somebody hold his legs up while he goes around the gym hand walking and then stops and does pushups to exhaustion, ouch!

Crossfit is really tough at times but it has done wonders for my endurance and flexibility. It does help somewhat with the strength training as well. I haven't gotten to the headstand push up yet but I should be there soon.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Crossfit is really tough at times but it has done wonders for my endurance and flexibility. It does help somewhat with the strength training as well. I haven't gotten to the headstand push up yet but I should be there soon.
    Well good on ya!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

In some areas of Asia, leeches are fried and served as a snack. Perhaps you can even get them from a vending machine.