Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    Of whom are you referring?
    The Cardinal.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Why would anyone care which catholic is sitting listening to a load of dems giving speeches?
    You continue to miss more points than a bald porcupine.

The cardinal offered to deliver a benediction at the DNC convention.

The DNC refused, basically saying "we have one of your subordinates coming here to speak." In light of the cardinal's clashes with the Obama administration on gay marriage and forcing churches to pay for contraceptive coverage, do you anticipate this subordinate delivering a simple benediction or using the mic time to undermine Cardinal Dolan and the entire Catholic Church?

Can you now divine where all of this is heading, or will you continue on this path of willful ignorance?

Who cares? A legion of practicing Catholics and numerous independent Christian denominations who rely on the organization of Catholicism to lead the efforts on the political front.

Who cares? Maybe if Obama and the Dems *REALLY* don't care they'll skip the traditional Al Smith dinner in October? I'd be interested in them showing us how much they don't care.

Ah, how far the Dems have fallen. A mere 52 years ago they were leading the way to show the nation that a Roman Catholic can serve as POTUS. Now they are the ones questioning whether or not Roman Catholics are fit to be POTUS (see Santorum campaign) and will not accept benedictions from the nation's leading Roman Catholic.

It's a pattern. Look at asians. When immigrants/minorities are no longer dependent upon the largesse of politicians, their wealth redistribution policies, and racial quota politics, the Dems have no further use for them and cast them aside. At times even becoming hostile to them.

Catholics now fit into category as well, and it all serves as evidence that the Dems do not want immigrant/minority success, but rather complete subservience and dependency.
    Mama Jeffro: Jeeeeh-froooo! What's going on down there? What's that smell?
    Jeffro: Nothing ma! Me and Lorenzo are practicing our Turkish oil wrestling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The Cardinal.
    I wasn't being that specific in my comment, and I'm unaware if this Cardinal has lobbied congress, but others have.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm pretty certain that Obama worships no deity other than himself. Well that would be wrong, he expects others to worship him, he worships nothing. Not religious in any sense of the word. Not Muslim, Christian, Deist, or anything.
    I suspect that he worships himself and Allah. Probably considers himself a modern prophet of Islam. Definitely a muslim in hiding that was raised on Marxist propaganda and found it good because its enemy of America and what America stands for--FREEDOM!-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.