Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This had me wondering yesterday, as some seem to think there are very strict requirements to be a Christian and gain entry into heaven. I think this picture tells the story best.

Wild applause. Thanks a lot for that.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My warfare is, and has been for years, to get the people to understand that if they do not take care of themselves they will not be taken care of; that if we do not lay the foundation to feed and clothe and shelter ourselves we shall perish with hunger and with cold; we might also suffer in the summer season from the direct rays of the sun upon our naked and unprotected bodies - Brigham Young
    I hope no true Christian refuses to vote for Mitt Romney because the man is a Mormon. I am one as well.

Some support a man being married to a man or a woman being married to a woman yet resist the belief that a man can have more than one wife. They want no rules placed on homsexuals while at the same time vigorously defending rules set down to keep adults from marrying those who are relatives. Take this case for example. CA arrested a mother and her adult son and charged them with incest. They had two children. The rest of the story is the son had been put up for adoption when he was an infant. His mother did not raise him. She all but forgot him. As an adult, he found out about his adoption. He wanted to meet the woman who gave birth to him. I can't tell you why, but apparently the attraction she had felt towards his father got transfered to her son. I can't prove it but I think that perhaps she had a love for the father and somehow the son fit the bill. I don't know who seduced whom. But I know that despite them having 2 kids, the cops arrested both.

The people who support homosexuals refuse to support that mother and her son.

My church gave up polygamy about 120 years ago. Those in the splinter group call themselves Mormons and I guess they are. But the main church does not promote or accept polygamy. They also don't accept any form of incest even though what I described was between two consenting adults. Let's not go ugly by trying to approve kids being victimized.

But another point we believe. We believe one does not deliberately harm his own body. That is what is behind the word of wisdom. Some things hurt your body. The word of Wisdom has been validated by modern science.

We believe in making sure none of our members goes hungry or lacks money to pay for shelter. We go so far as to pay rent or mortgages when the need is learned of. Some don't realize that our leaders do not collect wages for doing church work. They do it all for the love of humans.

Mitt is a very good man. Notice he has during his life gone out of his way to put up his own cash to help others to the point he and his family have lots of hands on experience at taking care of those in need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Whit View Post
    I hope no true Christian refuses to vote for Mitt Romney because the man is a Mormon. I am one as well.

Some support a man being married to a man or a woman being married to a woman yet resist the belief that a man can have more than one wife. They want no rules placed on homsexuals while at the same time vigorously defending rules set down to keep adults from marrying those who are relatives. Take this case for example. CA arrested a mother and her adult son and charged them with incest. They had two children. The rest of the story is the son had been put up for adoption when he was an infant. His mother did not raise him. She all but forgot him. As an adult, he found out about his adoption. He wanted to meet the woman who gave birth to him. I can't tell you why, but apparently the attraction she had felt towards his father got transfered to her son. I can't prove it but I think that perhaps she had a love for the father and somehow the son fit the bill. I don't know who seduced whom. But I know that despite them having 2 kids, the cops arrested both.

The people who support homosexuals refuse to support that mother and her son.

My church gave up polygamy about 120 years ago. Those in the splinter group call themselves Mormons and I guess they are. But the main church does not promote or accept polygamy. They also don't accept any form of incest even though what I described was between two consenting adults. Let's not go ugly by trying to approve kids being victimized.

But another point we believe. We believe one does not deliberately harm his own body. That is what is behind the word of wisdom. Some things hurt your body. The word of Wisdom has been validated by modern science.

We believe in making sure none of our members goes hungry or lacks money to pay for shelter. We go so far as to pay rent or mortgages when the need is learned of. Some don't realize that our leaders do not collect wages for doing church work. They do it all for the love of humans.

Mitt is a very good man. Notice he has during his life gone out of his way to put up his own cash to help others to the point he and his family have lots of hands on experience at taking care of those in need.

Robert. As a true Christian. I will have no problem voting for Romney...despite his beliefs. What scares me is someone like Obama, pretending to be a Christian, when most of us know. FALSE PROPHETS never succeed, even in politics.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Robert. As a true Christian. I will have no problem voting for Romney...despite his beliefs. What scares me is someone like Obama, pretending to be a Christian, when most of us know. FALSE PROPHETS never succeed, even in politics.
    I and Mitt are both true Christians. There is no if or but about it. If you believe that the entire Bible is in the Bible we so often have at our hand, you may not believe in the view of Heavan we believe in. If you believe you or others may end up in Hell, perhaps your religion is not very Christian at all. I don't know what you believe. But I know that Obama is the false prophet and that Mitt is not one. Can you cite or think of any instance that Jesus promised Hell to anybody?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I and Mitt are both true Christians. There is no if or but about it. If you believe that the entire Bible is in the Bible we so often have at our hand, you may not believe in the view of Heavan we believe in. If you believe you or others may end up in Hell, perhaps your religion is not very Christian at all. I don't know what you believe. But I know that Obama is the false prophet and that Mitt is not one. Can you cite or think of any instance that Jesus promised Hell to anybody?

No... You're Mormons...
    Christianity and Mormonism might both talk about being saved, but the two are nowhere near the same. I'm sorry, but no.

(not saying i'm not voting for him, i already sent my absentee vote in.)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

As for the above few posts regarding Mormonism. It's fascinating, is it not. To people like myself, and most Christians etc, the story of the Mormon church is so obviously fraudulent as to be embarrassing.

But to people who believe it, it *is* the word and actions of a divine, omnipotent being, and a record of fact.

It's only a step down from Scientology in the obvious fakery, and yet well meaning, hard working, intelligent, and honest, people, believe whole heatedly in it.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    As for the above few posts regarding Mormonism. It's fascinating, is it not. To people like myself, and most Christians etc, the story of the Mormon church is so obviously fraudulent as to be embarrassing.

But to people who believe it, it *is* the word and actions of a divine, omnipotent being, and a record of fact.

It's only a step down from Scientology in the obvious fakery, and yet well meaning, hard working, intelligent, and honest, people, believe whole heatedly in it.
    I've found that most of those who think its fraudulent haven't really understood it.

Read the Book of Mormon sometime. It may surprise you. I've met plenty of people who have read it in an attempt to disprove it that ended up being converted by the power of the Spirit. There is power in the book.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I've found that most of those who think its fraudulent haven't really understood it.

Read the Book of Mormon sometime. It may surprise you. I've met plenty of people who have read it in an attempt to disprove it that ended up being converted by the power of the Spirit. There is power in the book.
    I keep asking, why do a few Christians, note it is but a few, that make it a habit of running down my church. I don't waste my time running down their church.

We are so secure in our faith that we can even attend other churches and are told that to compare is right.

I see it this way. A true Christian has no time to be running down my church.

And I have compared. I have also gone to denomination churches. I have attended non demonination churches that seem to not bother the other guy at all.

We don't have paid bands performing. We don't hire our leaders. We don't pay the pastor to do what he does.

We are very involved in family welfare. We of all churches make sure our members don't go hungry.

Take Katrina for instance. As a church we rushed aid to those victims. It did not matter what religion they were, we assisted them. How you ask? A family that lost everything needed to be fed. We fed them. We clothed them. We assisted them in many other ways.

I think it is bizarre to run down a church that does the public so much good.

Romney has done a lot for many people and does it not only in his public life, but in his private life. He hits home runs. Can Obama bunt yet?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I keep asking, why do a few Christians, note it is but a few, that make it a habit of running down my church. I don't waste my time running down their church.

We are so secure in our faith that we can even attend other churches and are told that to compare is right.

I see it this way. A true Christian has no time to be running down my church.

And I have compared. I have also gone to denomination churches. I have attended non demonination churches that seem to not bother the other guy at all.

We don't have paid bands performing. We don't hire our leaders. We don't pay the pastor to do what he does.

We are very involved in family welfare. We of all churches make sure our members don't go hungry.

Take Katrina for instance. As a church we rushed aid to those victims. It did not matter what religion they were, we assisted them. How you ask? A family that lost everything needed to be fed. We fed them. We clothed them. We assisted them in many other ways.

I think it is bizarre to run down a church that does the public so much good.

Romney has done a lot for many people and does it not only in his public life, but in his private life. He hits home runs. Can Obama bunt yet?
    I am not going to make a determination who is or isnt a true Christian. I'll leave that up to God. I would like to think that they are concerned about the salvation of souls, much as we are.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post

I am not going to make a determination who is or isnt a true Christian. I'll leave that up to God. I would like to think that they are concerned about the salvation of souls, much as we are.
    Why would you suppose my church would not try to help save humans who have souls? We do a lot for all of humanity.