Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    I think a few drunkards I have seen in my time could do with a good caning.
    Caning for drinking alcohol? Wow! I know drinking is against what being a Muslim stands for, but give someone a brutal beating for drinking? That's barbaric for an 'innocent' sin in which there is no victim.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Caning for drinking alcohol? Wow! I know drinking is against what being a Muslim stands for, but give someone a brutal beating for drinking? That's barbaric for an 'innocent' sin in which there is no victim.
    No victim? Are you kidding me? I know of a few battered wives and children who would disagree with you! Walk the favelas of Rio de Janeiro if you want to see victims of alcohol first hand. You will see it unvarnished because cops become blind when they see hundred Real notes.

Last edited by tailfins; 11-18-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    No victim? Are you kidding me? I know of a few battered wives and children who would disagree with you! Walk the favelas of Rio de Janeiro if you want to see victims of alcohol first hand. You will see it unvarnished because cops become blind when they see hundred Real notes.

i believe i spoke solely of drinking, but if you want to toss in violence, which i never addressed, and then act like i dismissed it... thats just you being dishonest. simply drinking is a victimless sin and not deserving of punishment. care to make more stuff up now?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

i believe i spoke solely of drinking, but if you want to toss in violence, which i never addressed, and then act like i dismissed it... thats just you being dishonest. simply drinking is a victimless sin and not deserving of punishment. care to make more stuff up now?
    The disciples drank wine and it wasnt just grape juice.Just sayin.'-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used to work in the entertainment industry both as a Musician and as the manager of Merchandise stalls. I have seen enough of the effects of alcohol to see that it is a very bad thing.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I used to work in the entertainment industry both as a Musician and as the manager of Merchandise stalls. I have seen enough of the effects of alcohol to see that it is a very bad thing.
    i have little doubt myself that its good for someone, but i wouldnt condone caning someone for smoking either, which is more harmful to an individual.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You should visit Singapore. You can get six months in jail for littering or spitting on the sidewalk. My cousin was there on business several years back and almost got arrested for blocking the entrance to a mosque (it's a crime there).
    Interesting that drinking draws severe penalties (drug possession is punishable by death, no trial necessary), but many people spend long hours smoking hookah and chewing khat, which is more addictive than most drugs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You should visit Singapore. You can get six months in jail for littering or spitting on the sidewalk. My cousin was there on business several years back and almost got arrested for blocking the entrance to a mosque (it's a crime there).
    Interesting that drinking draws severe penalties (drug possession is punishable by death, no trial necessary), but many people spend long hours smoking hookah and chewing khat, which is more addictive than most drugs.
    Men with long hair and cigarettes also can cop penalties in Singapore. That said, it's a good place to visit and I recommend spending a few days there as a tourist if you find your way there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I'm not making anything up. I saw it with my own eyes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    I'm not making anything up. I saw it with my own eyes.
    I'm talking about things towards me - I mentioned caning solely for drinking, and said drinking is a victimless crime. You mentioned a crime, violence, domestic violence. I NEVER said anything about that. MILLIONS of people drink everyday without resorting to violence. You added that to make drinking sound as if it were a crime, but it's not. Not until you added another element anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm talking about things towards me - I mentioned caning solely for drinking, and said drinking is a victimless crime. You mentioned a crime, violence, domestic violence. I NEVER said anything about that. MILLIONS of people drink everyday without resorting to violence. You added that to make drinking sound as if it were a crime, but it's not. Not until you added another element anyway.
    What it all boils down to Jim, is that for you drinking is ok and that is all well and good, but for Muslims, it is forbidden. If you don't agree with it, don't become a Muslim

O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed.
    Satan seeketh only to cast among you enmity and hatred by means of strong drink and games of chance, and to turn you from remembrance of Allah and from (His) worship. Will ye then have done?

(Qur'aan 5:90-91)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What it all boils down to Jim, is that for you drinking is ok and that is all well and good, but for Muslims, it is forbidden. If you don't agree with it, don't become a Muslim

O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed.
    Satan seeketh only to cast among you enmity and hatred by means of strong drink and games of chance, and to turn you from remembrance of Allah and from (His) worship. Will ye then have done?

I understand you now, Jafar - it's ok to support terrorists when they kill the Jews - but we must cane those who dare sip some alcohol!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

... and also in a certain pub in London ?

You must have seen 'the effects of alcohol' in that pub. But, did that ever stop you visiting it ?

Oh, and did you ever feel tempted to go around caning any of its patrons ?? If not ... WHY not, since, according to Muslim reckoning, surely some of them would've needed to be caned ? H'm ?

Or, could it JUST be, that Muslim draconian punishments are entirely gratuitous, needless, pointless, done ONLY to satisfy someone's cruel streak ??
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

jafar. Do you have access to an English Dictionary?

If so. Look up the definition of STUPID, or HYPOCRITE. Maybe you'll see an image of yourself next to that word.

If not. Just look up STUPID, or LIAR.

They all apply EQUALLY.
    Last edited by aboutime; 11-19-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    ... and also in a certain pub in London ?

You must have seen 'the effects of alcohol' in that pub. But, did that ever stop you visiting it ?

Oh, and did you ever feel tempted to go around caning any of its patrons ?? If not ... WHY not, since, according to Muslim reckoning, surely some of them would've needed to be caned ? H'm ?

Or, could it JUST be, that Muslim draconian punishments are entirely gratuitous, needless, pointless, done ONLY to satisfy someone's cruel streak ??
    That's pretty ridiculous, but I'll bite...

1) Its legal to drink in the UK
    2) I am not law inforcement

So no, I didn't feel tempted to hit anyone.
    Last edited by jafar00; 11-19-2012 at 09:55 PM.