Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Your analogy is flawed.

If Roman Catholics said Presbyterians were not really Christians because they have different core beliefs, THAT would be the same as Jahil saying Shia are not really Islam because they have different core beliefs.
    Why can't we just agree that the government of Iran is extreme and not cast a pall over Islam?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's the part where government wants to FORCE us to look after the poor that is frowned upon, Jahil. It should be our choice, not imposed from on high (federal government).
    Even when the government is voted on and elected? Even when all of the polls are in favor? Yes, I realize this isn't the case in Iran, but I detected another Obama slam.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bingster View Post
    Even when the government is voted on and elected? Even when all of the polls are in favor? Yes, I realize this isn't the case in Iran, but I detected another Obama slam.
    Just because we elect someone, doesn't mean that we have to be stuck with any law or rule they decide is 'best for society'. We still have the right to vote them out if we don't like what they are doing or work against a particular goal of theirs if we so choose to do so.

As for 'all the polls', that is simply not the case. Every single poll, ever taken, indicates we should force people through taxation to 'help the poor'? List them.

You can 'detect' anything you like. Doesn't make you right. I don't care WHO is in office, what party is in control. I would equally resent Obama, Romney (whom I supported), Bush, Clinton, the Pope, whomever, if they tried to force me through taxation to do something I feel should be a choice.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why can't we just agree that the government of Iran is extreme and not cast a pall over Islam?
    Jahil is the one casting a pall over Islam, by claiming that people who make up almost 20% of it's membership, really are not members, even though the majority of Islam (as posted and sourced many times) disagrees with him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jahil is the one casting a pall over Islam, by claiming that people who make up almost 20% of it's membership, really are not members, even though the majority of Islam (as posted and sourced many times) disagrees with him.
    A lot of Christians don't think Mormons are Christian. I agree with you, that Shia is classified as Muslim and everything you find on-line will support that. But ask a Shiite what they think of a Sunni.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of Christians don't think Mormons are Christian. I agree with you, that Shia is classified as Muslim and everything you find on-line will support that. But ask a Shiite what they think of a Sunni.
    Generally speaking they think that the other has misinterpreted the word's of the Prophet and therefor they are not TRUE Muslims.

It goes deeper than that , but that's the gist of it, they hate each other.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Because the government of Iran, pay attention, is Islam!!!!!! Good grief are you that damn dense!??--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Because the government of Iran, pay attention, is Islam!!!!!! Good grief are you that damn dense!??--Tyr
    I did not realize that the government of Iran spoke for all of Islam. Interesting..............

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have two Shia friends (thus my interest in this topic). They have a difference of doctrinal opinion with Sunni's regarding Islam, but they consider them part of Islam.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have two Shia friends (thus my interest in this topic). They have a difference of doctrinal opinion with Sunni's regarding Islam, but they consider them part of Islam.
    I assume your two friends are sensible. Are all members of Islam sensible?