Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I fully agree. He is an attention whore with NO HONOR!
    I STILL got to get to creating this thread. I expect this kind of cap from civilians. I DO NOT expect it from vets. It's especially offensive if you served in MY damned branch of the military. We were taught honor, courage and commitment and to have some fucking integrity. Attacking women and children doesn't fit into that.
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-03-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Elessar, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I have DVDs from the 60s and 70s. Of course it's scripted. My mother and brother would walk through the living room and always have to say "You know that's fake?" ANY athlete could tell you that it's scripted. You don't take a pummeling in the corner then have sudden "rebound".

But come Saturday at 11 AM, Championship Wrestling from Florida after smoking a joint and putting on my favorite Pink Floyd album. I thought it was funny as Hell.

I haven't actually watched it in years. We're all entertained by different things. I didn't actually realize when I watched it that some people think it's real. F*ck, and I bet they vote. THAT's the scary thing.
    Back in the 70's my friend Mark paid money to train with then top Memphis wrestlers Jerry the King Lawler and handsome Jimmy Valiant. He verified what I already knew --its all scripted.
    However a few times when wrestlers that already did not like each other "accidentally" made a mistake in a punch, some real ones were thrown. Rare but it did happen, otherwise its as fake a damn 3 dollar bill.
    My dad, loved to watch it on Saturdays back then. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Thanks Gunny, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Back in the 70's my friend Mark paid money to train with then top Memphis wrestlers Jerry the King Lawler and handsome Jimmy Valiant. He verified what I already knew --its all scripted.
    However a few times when wrestlers that already did not like each other "accidentally" made a mistake in a punch, some real ones were thrown. Rare but it did happen, otherwise its as fake a damn 3 dollar bill.
    My dad, loved to watch it on Saturdays back then. --Tyr
    Guess you watched Mid-South. The end was scripted. If you watch the wrestlers are always talking to one another. It's what the next move is going to be. The whole idea is to NOT hurt one another. I understand it from years sparring in martial arts. And yes, if I didn't like you, I'd "slip" and you got hit. Whoops.

There are all kinds of stories. If you just don't like someone and they don't like you, you're getting your shot in. They get theirs in. Their are a lot of ill feelings. Stan Hansen brok Bruno Sammartino's neck and was scared off his ass what Bruno was going to do when he came back. And that's real, not wrestling. Goldberg put Brett Hart out of business with a sidekick and Hart's been whining ever since when it was an accident.

Superstar Billy Graham taped his blades on his fingers and told Billy Robinson who was an actual wrestler and bullied on the others if he tried that shit on him he'd shred him. So yeah, it could heat over. And anyone that thinks those guys aren't athletes. feel free to give it a shot.

I never really saw Ventura wrestle. He's a POS out of the ring and a disgrace to the US Naval Service. I expect him to lie to his ass off in the ring and attention whore. I don't expect him to do it to a brother in arms when he's claiming to be something he's not.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Jeff thanked this post