Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default W. Bush vs D. Trump

quick survey?

If you had to vote today and the choice was George W. Bush vs Donald Trump who would you vote for?

I'd vote Bush myself without hesitation.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Not difficult for me: I've always been a fan of George, and still am.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Dubya all the way. Great President.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    quick survey?

If you had to vote today and the choice was George W. Bush vs Donald Trump who would you vote for?

I will not support Donald Trump under any circumstances. If Trump were the nominee and I were putting up yard signs for Congressman Sam Johnson, I would say "No thank you" if the county GOP asked me to put up Trump signs since I was already putting up signs anyway.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

GWB through and through.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

George W. Bush. His nomination of Samuel Alito was enough to make him a good president.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

GW without a doubt.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

To the extent that a Brit's vote counts ... I have enormous respect for GW Bush .. he's tried and tested, his War on Terror was the perfect response to 9/11. Even so .. I'd want to give Trump a chance. He definitely has the right instincts, he's his own man, he undoubtedly will do whatever it takes to take care of America's interests, not least your national security. Yes, I say - give Trump a chance. My 'vote' is for Trump !
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    quick survey?

I like them both. Different men of different times, even though only 8-16 years apart.

But I like GWB more as a religious man. He seems to be more genuine than the majority out there. He truly came off as a man that loved his country. He loves the troops and folks are unaware that he STILL does things with them to this day. This isn't a knock on Trump, I just love GWB. A lot of emotion went on during his presidency due to wars, but I think ultimately he will go down as a great president.

As a New Yorker, I also identify with Trump. I understand the attitude of folks that are pissed off with the typical crap in DC. People are pissed at the lack of borders and control. People are pissed at ISIS. People are pissed at a lack of jobs. People are pissed at a lot of things today, and I honestly don't think this "pissed off" stuff was as bad just 8 or 16 years ago.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I like them both. Different men of different times, even though only 8-16 years apart.

But I like GWB more as a religious man. He seems to be more genuine than the majority out there. He truly came off as a man that loved his country. He loves the troops and folks are unaware that he STILL does things with them to this day. This isn't a knock on Trump, I just love GWB. A lot of emotion went on during his presidency due to wars, but I think ultimately he will go down as a great president.

As a New Yorker, I also identify with Trump. I understand the attitude of folks that are pissed off with the typical crap in DC. People are pissed at the lack of borders and control. People are pissed at ISIS. People are pissed at a lack of jobs. People are pissed at a lot of things today, and I honestly don't think this "pissed off" stuff was as bad just 8 or 16 years ago.
    GWBush was ABSOLUTELY wrong on his stand regarding the Mexican border, WRONG PROSECUTING THOSE TWO BORDER AGENTS AND WRONG WHEN AFTER 9/11 HE SAID ISLAM IS NOT OUR ENEMY.
    SO LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY IN SAYING HE IS SOME KIND OF PERFECTION.
    I like both he and Trump , each for different reasons.
    If little brother can not place(win) the primary on his own over Trump then we'd be better served to have Trump.
    I have been some truly dangerous, serious fights over my life and never once did I request help from my older brother!!
    Had I ever done so, I'd never forgiven myself for that weakness. Ans a weakness it is IMHO.
    JUST ANOTHER HAMMER TO HIT TRUMP WITH IMHO.
    Trump's comments about Bush pissed me off too but no one single candidate is perfect.

NOW IF TRUMP CONTINUES AND ESCALATES IT THEN HE IS LIKELY TO LOSE ME AS WELL.
    HE HAD BETTER LEARN FAST WHEN TO DROP ACTIONS/WORDS THAT WILL COMPLETELY PISS OFF
    WE CONSERVATIVES OR ELSE HIS BASE MAY SUFFER A HIT TOO DAMAGING FOR HIM TO WIN.--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    GWBush was ABSOLUTELY wrong on his stand regarding the Mexican border, WRONG PROSECUTING THOSE TWO BORDER AGENTS AND WRONG WHEN AFTER 9/11 HE SAID ISLAM IS NOT OUR ENEMY.
    SO LETS NOT GET CARRIED AWAY IN SAYING HE IS SOME KIND OF PERFECTION.
    Agree with both points. To clarify : I've not once said that Dubya was perfection personified - he did a few things that I didn't agree with. Hell, I'm sure he did things that HE didn't agree with, just because politically he had to.. that's the nature of the game.

But he's a good man, and was a great President.

I like both he and Trump , each for different reasons.
    If little brother can not place(win) the primary on his own over Trump then we'd be better served to have Trump.
    I have been some truly dangerous, serious fights over my life and never once did I request help from my older brother!!
    Had I ever done so, I'd never forgiven myself for that weakness. Ans a weakness it is IMHO.
    JUST ANOTHER HAMMER TO HIT TRUMP WITH IMHO.
    I don't hold Jeb using Dubya to assist in his campaign as a weakness. It's risky because so many Americans feel the opposite of what I do about him - but Jeb knows that now is the time to roll the dice, because he's losing right now by quite a margin. Using W is a valid above-board strategy.

Trump's comments about Bush pissed me off too but no one single candidate is perfect.

NOW IF TRUMP CONTINUES AND ESCALATES IT THEN HE IS LIKELY TO LOSE ME AS WELL.
    HE HAD BETTER LEARN FAST WHEN TO DROP ACTIONS/WORDS THAT WILL COMPLETELY PISS OFF
    WE CONSERVATIVES OR ELSE HIS BASE MAY SUFFER A HIT TOO DAMAGING FOR HIM TO WIN.--Tyr
    I already said my piece in the GOP / CBS thread.

About the only way I see to coming back into the Trump camp now is a statement from Trump saying he was wrong about Dubya, 9/11, WMDs, the lie accusations, etc. That stuff was verbatim the bile that Gabby, Pete, Bully, Virgil, Psychobabble and all the other moonbats have said right here on DP... I was stunned to watch him say that last night, and extremely disappointed. More than disappointed, maybe appalled is a better word.

We all know that the facts show what he said last night is bullshit. All of us here, you included, Tyr, have spent the last 13 years destroying the moonbats that say that crap with facts showing that to be wrong.

My nose is seriously out of joint over this, right or wrong.

15. Thanks Abbey Marie, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Agree with both points. To clarify : I've not once said that Dubya was perfection personified - he did a few things that I didn't agree with. Hell, I'm sure he did things that HE didn't agree with, just because politically he had to.. that's the nature of the game.

But he's a good man, and was a great President.

I don't hold Jeb using Dubya to assist in his campaign as a weakness. It's risky because so many Americans feel the opposite of what I do about him - but Jeb knows that now is the time to roll the dice, because he's losing right now by quite a margin. Using W is a valid above-board strategy.

I already said my piece in the GOP / CBS thread.

About the only way I see to coming back into the Trump camp now is a statement from Trump saying he was wrong about Dubya, 9/11, WMDs, the lie accusations, etc. That stuff was verbatim the bile that Gabby, Pete, Bully, Virgil, Psychobabble and all the other moonbats have said right here on DP... I was stunned to watch him say that last night, and extremely disappointed. More than disappointed, maybe appalled is a better word.

We all know that the facts show what he said last night is bullshit. All of us here, you included, Tyr, have spent the last 13 years destroying the moonbats that say that crap with facts showing that to be wrong.

My nose is seriously out of joint over this, right or wrong.
    If this turns out to be where the floor drops out from underneath Trump, who do you think will be the one that ends up in the lead?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    If this turns out to be where the floor drops out from underneath Trump, who do you think will be the one that ends up in the lead?
    Man, I just don't know... gotta be Cruz or Rubio.

I'm hoping that Trump will come around and correct himself.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He has held this view about George W for years. There is no correcting himself.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

He's not going to correct himself, very doubtful. I don't think he's a fan of GWB and Jeb alike, and doesn't realize this will hurt him. How much will be the question. And will any of the others somehow use this to go after him? Thing is, after this debate, and we'll have to see what happens now in SC - the more that stay in the better it is for Trump. I'm not saying this as a supporter of his but rather the reality of things. The longer Bush/Rubio/Cruz keep after one another and remain in the race, this helps Trump. I think somehow at least one of them needs to go before super tuesday. I don't know. Even better if they all rallied around one candidate. Otherwise, the free for all continues, and it doesn't appear any of them can catch up.