Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump campaign promises

I'm not naive, all of his initiatives will not come to fruition, at least not as he states or that many of us hope. But that's how it is since the beginning of time in America. But I still want someone in there that will come up with what I/we want and then actually strive to meet that goal. The majority of the time those things are generally thwarted by congress. But with some promises, I expect that these will be goals that they are actually going to try and reach. When I say they, I mean the president and the congress together.

Illegal immigration. I think Trump does in fact put up a wall. Comparatively speaking, that amount of money they project is peanuts compared to what Obama spent in his terms. But even better if he can actually fix things with Mexico in addition, financially, and recoup a lot of the cost, if not all of it or the majority. In addition, anchor babies and sanctuary cities, close them down.

Vet refugees RESPONSIBLY and know 100% for sure, or temporarily stop letting them in from Syria or other war zones.

I think he supports defunding planned parenthood.

I truly think he wants to make a difference with our soldiers and the VA. And this is one where I REALLY hope he is true to his word, and we see cuts elsewhere in order to increase here.

I believe he'll defend the 2nd amendment.

I believe he'll strengthen our military instead of reduce it, and he'll also go at ISIS more effectively.

I think he'll be much better for our economy and jobs.

I think he puts us in a better position when it comes to trade with other countries.

Hopefully common core will be killed
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Perianne, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The area I feel certain he will come through on is trade reform, especially with China.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The area I feel certain he will come through on is trade reform, especially with China.
    I'm pretty sure that would take Congess, he'd have an awful lot of opposition from Dem and if any traditional Reps are left?
    Last edited by Kathianne; 02-29-2016 at 07:38 PM.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

He has stated he is against planned parenthoods abortion policies.. But not the organization as a whole.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm not naive, all of his initiatives will not come to fruition, at least not as he states or that many of us hope. But that's how it is since the beginning of time in America. But I still want someone in there that will come up with what I/we want and then actually strive to meet that goal. The majority of the time those things are generally thwarted by congress. But with some promises, I expect that these will be goals that they are actually going to try and reach. When I say they, I mean the president and the congress together.

Illegal immigration. I think Trump does in fact put up a wall. Comparatively speaking, that amount of money they project is peanuts compared to what Obama spent in his terms. But even better if he can actually fix things with Mexico in addition, financially, and recoup a lot of the cost, if not all of it or the majority. In addition, anchor babies and sanctuary cities, close them down.

Vet refugees RESPONSIBLY and know 100% for sure, or temporarily stop letting them in from Syria or other war zones.

I think he supports defunding planned parenthood.

I truly think he wants to make a difference with our soldiers and the VA. And this is one where I REALLY hope he is true to his word, and we see cuts elsewhere in order to increase here.

I believe he'll defend the 2nd amendment.

I believe he'll strengthen our military instead of reduce it, and he'll also go at ISIS more effectively.

I think he'll be much better for our economy and jobs.

I think he puts us in a better position when it comes to trade with other countries.

Hopefully common core will be killed

I think you're setting yourself up for some huge disappointments...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

9. Thanks jimnyc, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I think you're setting yourself up for some huge disappointments...
    Which of those that I have listed do you think I will be disappointed with most?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm pretty sure that would take Congess, he'd have an awful lot of opposition from Dem and if any traditional Reps ate left?
    But it's either a good plan or it's not. If some stop any plans that the people are wanting as a result of the upcoming elections, then hopefully the resp will be unemployed come the following election. This is why folks are getting madder and madder, as congressional idiots are doing as they please and completely ignoring what it is the people want. Or they can keep things 'as is' and let us continue to get beaten by the other major countries.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Which of those that I have listed do you think I will be disappointed with most?

I don't think he'll defund Planned Parenthood, he's too often stated he supports a woman's right to choose. I believe his simply giving lip service to the issue claiming his belief in the "right to life" in order to garner the nomination.

I don't think you'll ever see him put up a wall, and certainly not one paid for by Mexico. And he knows it.

I think he's wishy-washy on the 2nd Amendment, he has supported banning "assault weapons" and I don't believe anyone who has ever supported that ban changes their stance. Banning one, in my mind, is the first step in banning all...

As for the rest of your list, too much of it depends on the cooperation of others, most of whom he has most like insulted and alienated in some fashion or another. What's that leave? Executive actions. I can't help but think that, being who he is and seeing the way he acts, he abuse that power to an extent that we have never seen. I think he would make Obama look like an amateur with regard to the abuse of executive actions.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

13. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm pretty sure that would take Congess, he'd have an awful lot of opposition from Dem and if any traditional Reps ate left?
    So why is that important? Wouldnt any other Republican elected get the same response from the dems?
    Cruz is soundly hated too! As is every Republican candidate still in the race.
    Dems are going to oppose any5hing we do , so thats a non-issue from the start in regards to Trump IMHO.tYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

15. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    So why is that important? Wouldnt any other Republican elected get the same response from the dems?
    Dems are going to oppose any5hing we do , so thats a non-issue from the start in regards to Trump IMHO.tYR
    I think Cruz is far less electable than trump.

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I don't think he'll defund Planned Parenthood, he's too often stated he supports a woman's right to choose. I believe his simply giving lip service to the issue claiming his belief in the "right to life" in order to garner the nomination.

I don't think you'll ever see him put up a wall, and certainly not one paid for by Mexico. And he knows it.

I think he's wishy-washy on the 2nd Amendment, he has supported banning "assault weapons" and I don't believe anyone who has ever supported that ban changes their stance. Banning one, in my mind, is the first step in banning all...

As for the rest of your list, too much of it depends on the cooperation of others, most of whom he has most like insulted and alienated in some fashion or another. What's that leave? Executive actions. I can't help but think that, being who he is and seeing the way he acts, he abuse that power to an extent that we have never seen. I think he would make Obama look like an amateur with regard to the abuse of executive actions.
    I think PP depends on all of congress, but he has stated he is all for it. I suppose that depends on congress. The wall I TRULY believe he'll start in the first year, without a doubt, and I'll eat my words if he doesn't. I also believe he changes things up with tariffs and fees with Mexico and that the wall will be paid off in time based on that, not on them simply 'paying for the wall'.

Short of an executive order, he doesn't nothing to harm the 2nd. This would take congress and then likely the SC if someone were to try and make any changes.

I can see others trying to get into his way, but I think what would need to be done is what is good for America. If congress members purposely stop him, I hope they are at least siding with what the American people want, and not just stopping him because they don't like him. A good way to find ones self unemployed come the following election.

As for executive orders, I'll have to wait an see. I don't want to jump the gun and accuse him of overstepping, at least not until he oversteps. I can't imagine anyone in this world beating out Obama with the behind the scenes power grabs and EO's. Somethings along that line are necessary, but not living out ones entire term doing so.

I think he'll do fine in the majority of areas should he have a chance to work at things. I don't have the same silly notion as others that he is an undercover liberal and will somehow set out for liberal agendas once in office.

19. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    If they stand in his way just on principle or because they don't like Trump - they are then ignoring their constituents and America. For FAR too long they have been completely ignoring what it is that the people want, and playing their little games down there.

21. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I think PP depends on all of congress, but he has stated he is all for it. I suppose that depends on congress. The wall I TRULY believe he'll start in the first year, without a doubt, and I'll eat my words if he doesn't. I also believe he changes things up with tariffs and fees with Mexico and that the wall will be paid off in time based on that, not on them simply 'paying for the wall'.

Short of an executive order, he doesn't nothing to harm the 2nd. This would take congress and then likely the SC if someone were to try and make any changes.

I can see others trying to get into his way, but I think what would need to be done is what is good for America. If congress members purposely stop him, I hope they are at least siding with what the American people want, and not just stopping him because they don't like him. A good way to find ones self unemployed come the following election.

As for executive orders, I'll have to wait an see. I don't want to jump the gun and accuse him of overstepping, at least not until he oversteps. I can't imagine anyone in this world beating out Obama with the behind the scenes power grabs and EO's. Somethings along that line are necessary, but not living out ones entire term doing so.

I think he'll do fine in the majority of areas should he have a chance to work at things. I don't have the same silly notion as others that he is an undercover liberal and will somehow set out for liberal agendas once in office.

I'm a cynic, and not without good reason...

I don't see him as a liberal or a conservative but as an opportunist. He gives me bad vibes. The man, as far as I can tell, as never done anything unless it furthered his brand. I don't trust him, never have, never will.

If he wins, all I can say is, I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

23. Thanks jimnyc, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm a cynic, and not without good reason...

I don't see him as a liberal or a conservative but as an opportunist. He gives me bad vibes. The man, as far as I can tell, as never done anything unless it furthered his brand. I don't trust him, never have, never will.

If he wins, all I can say is, I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
    With the way our system is designed we are never going to see someone walk into office and accomplish everything they promise in their campaigns. Sometimes, but not all of them. The other idiots in Washington get in the way. The only hope is to still have a good majority in the house and senate, and then see what can get done. But right now, outside of garbage, absolutely nothing is getting done. I think if we see a Trump administration that we will see more things get done.

Whoever gets into office, I hope whoever that person is they don't spend however much time they have worrying about which groups to bow to next. Obama has bowed to foreign leaders, and just about every whiny group that can be found in America. Perhaps some 'whining' should be heard, but leave that for others, I'm hoping for a president with a set of 'nads that will roll up the sleeves and get shit done.

25. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

With the way our system is designed we are never going to see someone walk into office and accomplish everything they promise in their campaigns. Sometimes, but not all of them. The other idiots in Washington get in the way. The only hope is to still have a good majority in the house and senate, and then see what can get done. But right now, outside of garbage, absolutely nothing is getting done. I think if we see a Trump administration that we will see more things get done.

Whoever gets into office, I hope whoever that person is they don't spend however much time they have worrying about which groups to bow to next. Obama has bowed to foreign leaders, and just about every whiny group that can be found in America. Perhaps some 'whining' should be heard, but leave that for others, I'm hoping for a president with a set of 'nads that will roll up the sleeves and get shit done.
    Well said Jimmy...

27. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post