Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've come across quite a few Cruz supporters, in person, that were less than kind to me. Of course I've seen more than that around the internet comments/forums and such. I barely even mention it here. I certainly don't want to project the folks I have dealt with as being representative of all Cruz supporters. I don't even need to seek out Cruz supporters to confirm this, I just know that out of millions of folks supporting him, common sense dictates there's a lot of decent caring folks. In fact, I would say a helluva lot more than the majority. IMO, it's not an awful lot different with Trump supporters, of who the majority are republicans. We're Americans!! But for this election, we see things differently, want something different, prioritize different. I'm not 100% sure, but my friend from Facebook put it into good words:

But as folks that were all on the same team a short time back, aren't we still all on the same team in wanting to take things away from those looking to destroy our country, to take away the SC for a generation, to shit on the COTUS? Sure, some think Trump is evil, others say Cruz is a snake oil salesman - and both would be tons better than Hillary. But if Trump supporters say that, it's often ignored. Treated as if we are secretly siding with the democrats somehow. Trust me, we care 100% as much, even if we disagree on things. For example, others support a candidate that would potentially make it much easier to get your hands on heroin, legalize prostitution & support gay marriage. Even though I disagree with the folks that support someone like that - in no way whatsoever do I think they care less than I do.
    Honestly, except for here all I have seen is total outright nastiness from Trump supporters. People who I used to admire and respect told me to sit and shut up if I was going to mention Cruz. It's been like talking to Obamabots trying to speak with Trump supporters anywhere else. That's why I came on here to try and understand. I still don't get it but at least you were willing to have an honest and civil discussion about it which I greatly appreciate. Part of what I don't get is that 80% or more of Trump supporters said they could back Cruz in November to beat Killary. 80% of the Cruz supporters said they could not and would not back Trump no matter what. So the smart money would have been to go with Cruz if beating Killary was the goal. Now I think it will be more Cruz supporters (probably 50%) than that because of fear but there is going to be a huge portion that will not vote for Trump no matter what.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I know a ton of people who strongly dislike Hillary Clinton. None of them dislike her enough to vote for Trump. Same with Sanders supporters.
    How many Cruz supporters are going to vote for Trump? I am guessing many will not vote at all.

If I was a Republican running for a state or local office, I would be scared to death. Trump doesn't support them. He only cares about himself. If supporters of Cruz and other failed GOP candidates don't go to the polls, who is left to vote for them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I am well aware people care @crin63. It's caused some heat because some, IMO, care too much. I posted this probably a year ago, and the last 2 elections. We'll all still be here after the election. I disagree with quite a few choices. I don't like Trump. I don't like voting 3rd party or staying home. I don't like the decision that anyone would vote for Hillary or Bernie. I don't like the RNC not being in control of it own party. And I can't stand p*ussies which seems to permeate the GOP.

The problem I see narrows itself down to selfishness. That which has created us is killing us. The individuality of people on the right has torn the GOP apart. Add the GOP doing absolutely nothing and you have a perfect storm. We can't come together like a team and battle the enemy. Until we can, we will lose.
    There's a lot of truth there. I'm a small fish in a small pool but out of the 40-50 Cruz supporters I know, the majority are looking for a new home. It's not about sour grapes or whining. It's that the Republican Party no longer holds values they can support if Trump is the nominee. They all know how really terrible Killary would be. People can berate them and belittle them but it's not going to change things. It's only proving what they believe to be true, they no longer have a home.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    No that I disagree with the premise of cartoon, but Trump did this one to himself. He threatened Amazon so the CEO who owns WAPO said fine, go get dirt on Trump.
    Samuel Adams

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crin63 View Post
    There's a lot of truth there. I'm a small fish in a small pool but out of the 40-50 Cruz supporters I know, the majority are looking for a new home. It's not about sour grapes or whining. It's that the Republican Party no longer holds values they can support if Trump is the nominee. They all know how really terrible Killary would be. People can berate them and belittle them but it's not going to change things. It's only proving what they believe to be true, they no longer have a home.
    If homeless, then could be best not to help hillary expand hers, ya think??--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Honestly, except for here all I have seen is total outright nastiness from Trump supporters. People who I used to admire and respect told me to sit and shut up if I was going to mention Cruz. It's been like talking to Obamabots trying to speak with Trump supporters anywhere else. That's why I came on here to try and understand. I still don't get it but at least you were willing to have an honest and civil discussion about it which I greatly appreciate. Part of what I don't get is that 80% or more of Trump supporters said they could back Cruz in November to beat Killary. 80% of the Cruz supporters said they could not and would not back Trump no matter what. So the smart money would have been to go with Cruz if beating Killary was the goal. Now I think it will be more Cruz supporters (probably 50%) than that because of fear but there is going to be a huge portion that will not vote for Trump no matter what.
    Is this in real life, or around the internet? Do you think these few, even hundreds, even if we stretch it to thousands of folks you have dealt with - are representative of the millions and millions? I think there are supporters of many candidates this year that had an unusual anger about things, perhaps scared about the future of our country after watching just how easily one person can damage it in the past 8 years. Whether folks want to believe that or not, I don't think Donald Trump would get into office and continue the same path as Obama. I also think, for all of his faults and misspeaking, that he would follow the law much more closely than Obama ever has.

Anyway. I just think it sucks seeing everyone with anger and animosity. I said a long time back that everyone should be treated on a one by one basis, by how they treat others and their actions. If I meet a Cruz supporter in person, and he's rude, I'll speak my mind. But I sure wouldn't want to cast off the majority of them based on the words of some knuckleheads to me on Yahoo stories and a couple of internet forums. For example, and not kissing ass, but you know I think highly of you. I don't even think for a single second that "crin is a cruz supporter" or anything like that. Now, had you came back here and cussed me out instantly, then perhaps it would have been different. But you didn't, you came in respectfully and asked questions, and I think you know I have been respectful in return. But if you listen to the talking points from many - you are supposed to be a snake oil salesman type that is going to vote Hillary come November - and I'm an illiterate white redneck who would stick with Trump if she shot someone.

9. Thanks crin63, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I know a ton of people who strongly dislike Hillary Clinton. None of them dislike her enough to vote for Trump. Same with Sanders supporters.
    How many Cruz supporters are going to vote for Trump? I am guessing many will not vote at all.

If I was a Republican running for a state or local office, I would be scared to death. Trump doesn't support them. He only cares about himself. If supporters of Cruz and other failed GOP candidates don't go to the polls, who is left to vote for them?
    With respect, you've not been paying attention. Are you truly saying you haven't seen the same "never" stuff with #Never_Clinton from the Sanders supporters? I'm not going to debate numbers and what not, but don't be naive enough to think the Dem party is immune to such issues. The Sanders camp is VERY active this year, doing VERY well and are VERY angry and do not trust Hillary for a second.

Some Sanders supporters say it’s ‘Bernie or Bust’ and they will never vote for Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders has dubbed his presidential campaign a “political revolution,” but some of his supporters are rebelling against the very party he is hoping to lead.

A voluble group of die-hard Sanders backers is vowing online that it’s “Bernie or Bust,” saying they will never support his presidential primary opponent — and, at this point, the likely Democratic nominee — Hillary Clinton.

Nearly two months after voting began in the Democratic primaries, Clinton has racked up a lead among pledged party delegates that makes a Sanders victory increasingly implausible. In apparent recognition of this mathematical challenge and the need to begin aiming fire outside the party, Sanders in recent weeks has pivoted away from Clinton and toward Republican frontrunner Donald Trump. Yet at the same time Sanders is making the case that he’s actually more electable in a matchup with Trump, he has also started talking about the circumstances under which he would endorse Clinton. His senior adviser, Tad Devine, has even suggested that Sanders would consider serving as Clinton’s running mate.

Despite these glimmers of reconciliation with his rival, Sanders may have unleashed a rebellion that will be beyond his power to control when it comes time to unify the party. Some “Bernie or Bust” stalwarts say they won’t back Clinton even if Sanders joins her ticket.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/some-sand...155205844.html

The 'Never Clinton' Campaign

Loyal fans of Bernie Sanders have a difficult decision to make. If Hillary Clinton faces off against Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election, legions of Sanders supporters will have to decide whether to switch allegiances or stand by Bernie until the bitter end.

At least some supporters of the Vermont senator insist they won’t vote for Clinton, no matter what. Many view the former secretary of state with her deep ties to the Democratic establishment as the polar opposite of Sanders and his rallying cry of political revolution. Throwing their weight behind her White House bid would feel like a betrayal of everything they believe.

These voters express unwavering dedication to Sanders on social media, deploying hashtags like NeverClinton and NeverHillary, and circulating petitions like www.wontvotehillary.com, which asks visitors to promise “under no circumstances will I vote for Hillary Clinton.” It’s garnered more than 56,500 signatures so far. Many feel alienated by the Democratic Party. They may want unity, but not if it means a stamp of approval for a political status quo they believe is fundamentally flawed and needs to be fixed.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...anders/481389/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Then build a new home. At the moment, it's a bit too late. You don't wait until the election process begins to build it from the roof down. You start from the ground up. The first thing you have to do is get people on the right agree on something and/or someone. The party needs to seek support, listen to the people, and put up a candidate the majority will go for. As I said, we're so busy being individuals we can't come together as a group to win.

I'd never take right wingers, as a group, into battle. Everyone's doing their own thing and can't focus on the mission. The only hope we have is what Jim posted. If Sanders splinters the left we might have a chance.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

13. Thanks Gunny, jimnyc thanked this post