Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Loretta Lynch Slaps FBI: No-Fly List Can Be Used to Ban Gun Buyers

This woman is an idiot with not one thread of L.E. Experience at all.

No-fly List is bullshit in regard to weapons purchases. Even the Ultra-Lib ACLU
    disagrees with her. She does not even understand her own Department and the
    Law!

From Newsmax: http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/lyn...t_nbr=od7ozsqa
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Unsurprisingly to me, Trump agrees with her. The fact that there's no due process is like a bonus, not a flaw.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...meeting-224362

<header style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: proxima-nova, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Trump to meet with NRA about banning gun sales for terror watch list

</header><footer class="meta" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: proxima-nova, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">By Nolan D. McCaskill, Seung Min Kim and Nick Gass
    <time datetime="2016-06-15T10:01-0400" style="box-sizing: border-box;">06/15/16 10:01 AM EDT</time>
    Updated <time datetime="2016-06-15T05:10-0400" style="box-sizing: border-box;">06/15/16 05:10 PM EDT</time>
    </footer>

Donald Trump thrust himself to the fore of the gun debate on Wednesday, announcing that he'll meet with the National Rifle Association to discuss banning people on the terror and no-fly watch lists from purchasing firearms.

The announcement came in a tweet in the morning, roughly 90 minutes before Senate Democrats launched a filibuster to prompt action on the same issue, which is regaining attention after the Orlando massacre in which the gunman slaughtered 49 people and injured 53 others inside an LGBT nightclub.

“I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns,” Trump tweeted.

His unprompted announcement pressures the gun lobby to help reach a compromise on the contentious proposal in the wake of the worst mass shooting in American history. While the gunman, Omar Mateen, was not on a terror watch list at the time of the shooting, he had previously been investigated by the FBI on concerns he had been radicalized.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Unsurprisingly to me, Trump agrees with her. The fact that there's no due process is like a bonus, not a flaw.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...meeting-224362
    Trump is right in a way.
    The idiots want to ban guns from law abiding citizens yet they have no problem allowing muslims or muslims being investigated buying guns or flying overseas to muslim terrorist nations..
    Insanity seems to be a trademark with those idiots...

Nobody ever won a war by refusing to fight...
    Islam makes war upon us and we refuse to fight Islam---its utter insanity..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

6. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Please think about this for an important second??

Knowing how the Obama administration nearly always ignores our Constitution, and intentionally Avoids our laws....What is to stop O-dumbell from issuing an Executive Order that places...ALL AMERICANS on a NO-FLY LIST.....And, thereby...single-handedly FORBIDS-PREVENTS Americans from owning, having, or buying ANY WEAPONS????
    Hillary, and Obama have said they want to Get rid of the 2nd Amendment!!!

There is ALWAYS an Ulterior Motive....the DUMBEST Americans among us...NEVER UNDERSTAND.
    Last edited by aboutime; 06-18-2016 at 07:42 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I'll stand corrected to a point. But I still think Lynch is an idiot...
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Trump is right in a way.
    The idiots want to ban guns from law abiding citizens yet they have no problem allowing muslims or muslims being investigated buying guns or flying overseas to muslim terrorist nations..

I have no issue with the no fly list, especially considering 9/11 of course. The folks on the list are pretty much on there for a reason. I don't have an issue with them using this to catch the cockroaches. And if someone is on the no fly list, and they are buying guns, the appropriate agencies should be automatically notified as well, not just a denied purchase. It would also be perfect if it would pop up on the screen at the gun stores, let them know and make them aware that this person is on the no fly list, or let them know if they need to contact any agency.

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I'll bet the terrorists are loving this. Remember - most people on the no-fly list don't even know they are on the list until they try to board a plane, and then it becomes an incident and they are on airport video.

If this becomes law, any terrorist can find out if they are on the no-fly list without ever having to buy an airline ticket or even driving to the airport. They just go to the nearest gun shop and try to buy a gun. If the sale goes through, then they know they can buy airline tickets with no worries. If it doesn't go through, then they've just been told they're on the no-fly list, and so they plan appropriately.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I'll bet the terrorists are loving this. Remember - most people on the no-fly list don't even know they are on the list until they try to board a plane, and then it becomes an incident and they are on airport video.

If this becomes law, any terrorist can find out if they are on the no-fly list without ever having to buy an airline ticket or even driving to the airport. They just go to the nearest gun shop and try to buy a gun. If the sale goes through, then they know they can buy airline tickets with no worries. If it doesn't go through, then they've just been told they're on the no-fly list, and so they plan appropriately.
    Good to see you, @Russ

14. Thanks Abbey Marie, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

There are infants on the list, there are elderly on the list, there are folks named Jim and Tyr on the list, though not 'our' Jim or Tyr, too bad though if their last names are the same. Just a few pieces on the 'no fly list' and you all think it should be the final word on how many people's 2nd amendment rights?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-fly-list.html

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-right...re-no-fly-list

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politi...dy-john-lewis/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

16. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Just one more:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-rules-n139896

The federal government lacks an effective system for allowing people to get off the no-fly list who are put there by mistake, a federal judge ruled Tuesday.

The ruling came in a lawsuit filed by 13 American citizens and permanent residents, including four military veterans, who have been barred from flights to or from the United States or over U.S. airspace. Many of them have been told they're on the government's no-fly list.

If the government mistakenly puts someone on the list, the judge said, the redress process "does not provide a meaningful mechanism for travelers who have been denied boarding to correct erroneous information in the government's terrorism databases."

Those who file a complaint are merely told, after the government considers it, that the review has been completed. It does not reveal whether a person's name was on the no-fly list in the past, remains on it or has been removed.

Without knowing what information the government relied on, the judge said, a traveler has no way to contest or correct what may be a mistake. "Without proper notice and an opportunity to be heard, an individual could be doomed to indefinite placement on the no-fly list."

The Obama administration had argued that the risk of errors is low because of extensive quality controls and frequent reviews of the names on the list. But Judge Brown noted the case of Rahinah Ibrahim, a Malaysian architect, who successfully sued when she was wrongly put on the list after a federal agent checked the wrong box on a form.

Given the low standard for putting a name in the master terrorism database from which the no-fly list is derived, the judge said, the process "contains a high risk of erroneous deprivation" of constitutional rights.

18. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I am s-o-o-o glad I don't fly anymore. Lynch is where the term "dumb broad" comes from.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    There are infants on the list, there are elderly on the list, there are folks named Jim and Tyr on the list, though not 'our' Jim or Tyr, too bad though if their last names are the same. Just a few pieces on the 'no fly list' and you all think it should be the final word on how many people's 2nd amendment rights?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-fly-list.html

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-right...re-no-fly-list

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politi...dy-john-lewis/

the no-fly list is 98% BS!
    always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc
    "I have no issue with the no fly list, especially considering 9/11 of course. The folks on the list are pretty much on there for a reason."
    C'mon jim you just posted that great clip of the congressmen berating the DHS official for basically proposing the EXACT same thing.

I know it's not because Trump says it , so now you think it's a good idea.
    that's not like you. please tell me that's not how it works Jim.

the congressman you posted made it clear. "When do citizens loose due process for 2nd amendment rights? What is the process afforded to U.S citizens to get on a list?" What other rights should we loose WITHOUT due process because someone somewhere in the gov't thinks they have a good "reason" to put you on an arbitrary secret gov't list?
    Last edited by revelarts; 06-18-2016 at 11:29 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

21. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Trump is right in a way.

So you're good with skipping due process and using the no fly list?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Actually Trump's statements regarding this and his attempting to influence the NRA to join in using the no fly list seems another indicator that he may well be acting as Hillary's stooge. This is just the most blatant and direct contradiction to what most of his supporters would believe. For most of them, whether gun owning or not, the importance of the second amendment would be important.

The NRA released a statement about Trump's comments. They'll meet with him, but their stance is clear.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...ror-watchlists

Fairfax, Va.The executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action, Chris W. Cox, released the following statement regarding terror watchlists:

We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed. The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist.

At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue.

In other words, using the 'no fly list' could be used for 'vetting' start, but if not warranted, should result in removal from the list. Problem is, since there's no due process from the start, they've yet to come up with a way for removal.

24. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

yep, just nope.

I hate to say it but many of you long timers here know I told you so, I told ya so.

all this TSA NSA putting citizens on East German style list for "our safety" BS, is just going to bite us in asre.

Secret list to come and take your guns now.
    I told everyone that if we start playing with our rights "for safety" they'll use those SAME rules to take more and more rights.

All you military guys are on some list. Why because you have training. you also know that all your medical and psych records are on file and they want to assume that many vets are a danger with PTS, depression etc..

AnyONE . vet or not, taking any type of psych meds, or under any kind of psych care now or in the past is on a list they want to take guns away from too.

What's the list of mass shooters that were just crazy and not muslim look like?
    which list would make more practical sense to take guns from?

Trump is a knee jerk Anti-constitutionalist.
    Hillary is a systematic Anti-constitutionalist.

Trump wants us all to wave the flag and curse muslims while he burns the bill of rights to gunfire.
    Hillary wants us to think she's doing us a favor while she burns it behind her back.

I've now lost ALL respect for Trump views. period end of story.
    Anyone who can think that using some BS gov't to take citizens guns is NO conservative.
    Last edited by revelarts; 06-18-2016 at 11:25 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

26. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post