Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sorry Bush can't produce a miraculous, overnight change to appease the doomsayer opinion. That 2/3s don't trust his judgement is unsupported rhetoric.
    I guess you were asleep during the election... cuz republicans don't control congress anymore... the ELECTORATE spoke out and they said WE want a CHANGE...

will bush listen?

no... and many many many more GIs will die because of it... so how many have to die before you are satisfied?
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post
    I guess you were asleep during the election... cuz republicans don't control congress anymore... the ELECTORATE spoke out and they said WE want a CHANGE...

will bush listen?

no... and many many many more GIs will die because of it... so how many have to die before you are satisfied?
    and the terrorists are pulling for you cut and runners

prove OBL was correct when he said how America does not have the stomach for a fight

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More troops then would have not meant any more or less than more troops now. It's the tactics that need to change, not the numbers. You can't thread the eye of a needle with a rope.
    More troops then might have stopped the looting... and that in and of itself could have changed the way things are going now... but there's no way to know cuz it didn't happen.... bush didn't listen to his general when he said they needed AT LEAST 250,000 troops, he fired him...

remember?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

More troops then might have stopped the looting... and that in and of itself could have changed the way things are going now... but there's no way to know cuz it didn't happen.... bush didn't listen to his general when he said they needed AT LEAST 250,000 troops, he fired him...

remember?
    you and Jilly would had had a feild day on D Day. My with all the bodies and the sea red with blood, you would have wanted the US to cut and run off the beaches

Oh, FDR was a Dem like you. You would have actually supported the military is winning the war

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

will bush listen?

The electorate has spoken? You libs wish. Republicans/conservatives abstaining from voting in protest and leaving the field to the dogs because they aren't smart enough to foresee the results of their actions is hardly "the electorate has spoken."

The there's the historical fact that two-term Presidents with a majority in Congress their first term always lose it the second term.

But keep up the delusion. It suits you.

And a couple of seats majority means the Dems can do exactly NOTHING without Republicans crossing the line.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

remember?
    Might have? Saddam Hussein might have honored his end of the ceasefire agreement and the UN Resolution which would render the entire issue moot.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you made the WRONG assumption... cuz there are alot of lefty vets....
    gunny replied to this within my quote, making it impossible to reply to so I'll just requote me... he said I'd like to think so...

so here's the website for one of my viet nam veteran pals...

VPOCV

and I'll ask him if he'll come and straighten you out... that is, help you pull your head out...

so gunny, how many of your republican congress critter heroes served in the military?

besides McCain... and Hagel...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    in 04, the military vote went to Pres Bush 75% - 25% for Kerry. Gore wanted to toss out the military vote in Florida in 2000

the military is overwhelming Republican these days
    The military might be, maybe... but... what about those that send them to Iraq and Afghanistan... again and again and again and again... you know... the congress critters... are they veterans or did they have "other things to do" when it was their turn to serve?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

gunny replied to this within my quote, making it impossible to reply to so I'll just requote me... he said I'd like to think so...

so here's the website for one of my viet nam veteran pals...

VPOCV

and I'll ask him if he'll come and straighten you out... that is, help you pull your head out...

so gunny, how many of your republican congress critter heroes served in the military?

besides McCain... and Hagel...
    Wow. There's TWO of you? I am s-o-o-o intimidated.

Let me interject a little reality into your black-or-white-only thought process .... I didn't say liberal vets didn't exist. I said liberal armchair QBs are more prevalent.

But you trot out whoever you want .... I could give a rat's ass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

prove OBL was correct when he said how America does not have the stomach for a fight
    Oh bullsh*t. Terrorists don't pull for anyone but themselves. This is especially applicable to US citizens, dem and rep alike. You're whole outlook on this war is wrong starting with how you see the Iraqi "people."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bush has done that already. Having troops on the ground doesn't equal fighting.

I've said it before, if we are not going to kick ass we should leave. The effort is in neutral. That doesn't work for me. As far as more troops goes, it wouldn't matter how many we send if they are not allowed to do the job. Sadly, this has become a Vietnam 2.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The military might be, maybe... but... what about those that send them to Iraq and Afghanistan... again and again and again and again... you know... the congress critters... are they veterans or did they have "other things to do" when it was their turn to serve?
    if you now want only those who served to decide when the US military fights - only 8% of the population would be empowered to order the military into war

Of course at the Pro Terrorists rally in DC two weeks ago, a peaceful anti war peace nik showed his love for a crippled Iraq war vet (he lost one leg below the knee) by spitting at him

Nothing like "supporting" the troops, eh?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Who cares?

If you're trying to make a point, make it. Are you saying that military service is prerequisite to sending the US military to war?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LOL .... I was NEVER called Sarge. Matter of fact, it was an Army Sergeant who pointed it out to me, because the very notion of addressing anyone other than by their correct rank or the accepted abbreviation never crossed my mind.

How come it is it's always the Air Force and Navy vets that turn out to be liberals?
    My daddy was in the Army... he was a sergeant... his men called him sarge...

You know... Jesus was a liberal... why do you conservatives all hate liberals and yet claim, for the most part, to be Christian?

Going to church doesn't make you a CHRISTIAN anymore than standing in a garage, makes you a car.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow. There's TWO of you? I am s-o-o-o intimidated.

Let me interject a little reality into your black-or-white-only thought process .... I didn't say liberal vets didn't exist. I said liberal armchair QBs are more prevalent.

But you trot out whoever you want .... I could give a rat's ass.
    Whatever. I could've commanded this war better than Bush has because number one on my list of things to do would've been to LISTEN TO MY GENERALS. How's that for armchair QBacking? It ain't rocket science old man. It's simple numbers and common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.