Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Yeah... well, apparenly doesn't bother my friend, at least coming from me cause he knows it's not disrespectful Ah well..

And he refuses to change the way it's being conducted. This whole "surge" garbage, do you think, taking into account, troop rotations which will place approximately an extra 3,000 boots on the ground at the time is going to make a difference? You think our bravest should die in a civil war between Shi'a and Sunni? Sorry, I don't and Bush's judgment has been shown to be so flawed that I wouldn't believe a word he says if his tongue were notarized.

I'd have gone along with the Baker Commission's recommendations. Unfortunately, the "decider" didn't listen because it didn't comport with his whole "stay the course" insanity.

By the by, the 2/3 who you claim don't support the war the way it's being conducted (as opposed to not supporting the war), I'll concede that may be the case. But it is also true that the 2/3 doesn't trust your guy's judgment enough to give him any benefit of the doubt anymore... been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
    Sorry Bush can't produce a miraculous, overnight change to appease the doomsayer opinion. That 2/3s don't trust his judgement is unsupported rhetoric.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I answered the question. To be more specific, I have been in combat, while in the service, and wearing the same crappy, no-support combat boots every other grunt had on his dogs.

But I did not ask a question. I made an assumption that you were some left-wing, armchair quarterback since they are far more abundant than left-wing combat vets who can't see that there's a time to stop talking and start playing the game.

I am far from a war-mongerer. When dealing with an enemy whose idea of "compromise" is us dead, words are wasted air.

you made the WRONG assumption... cuz there are alot of lefty vets....

I enlisted in the Air Force in July of '66 and when the base I was stationed at was closed mid '67, I volunteered for Viet Nam...

I was there from October of '67 to October of '68 and although I was not in direct combat, I did endure many a mortar and rocket attack there in that OCCUPIED country... and I was wounded during one of them... and even to this day, my purple heart and $6 will get me two gallons of premium gas anywhere in the USA...
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

You can call me "leftie" all you want. It's a facile means of disregarding what I am saying. I was all with you guys on Afghanistan. It was a focused effort, made sense in the context of what happened 9/11.

LOL ... you take offense at my using the generalization "lefty;" yet, turn around and call me "you guys." Tsk tsk.

The reason the GENERALS screamed there were not enough troops at the beginning and now say more is useless is because it will not longer effect the outcome. There is a civil war, caused by the lack of knowledge or understanding or caring by the pres about what would happen after he put his size 12's into Iraq. There isn't ANYTHING our guys and gals can do in a civil war except die for no reason.

Assumption on your part. Iraq is easily-salvageable. It isn't as bad-off as you left-leaning, liberal, Democrat peoples would have us otherwise normal "you guys" believe.

At the beginning, additional troops would have stabilized the country, secured the borders and things wouldn't have deteriorated into chaos.
    More troops then would have not meant any more or less than more troops now. It's the tactics that need to change, not the numbers. You can't thread the eye of a needle with a rope.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are absolutely incorrect. "Sarge" is a disrespectful term, period. Dirtbags get called "Sarge."

Still trying to sell that 2/3's of the country don't support the war crap? Two-thirds don't support the way it is being conducted, a difference you refuse to acknowledge.
    Maybe they called you sarge for that reason.... and even after a short time "knowing you", I can see why, too.

but not every sergeant...
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post

Not really, but I can see where you'd like to think so.

I enlisted in the Air Force in July of '66 and when the base I was stationed at was closed mid '67, I volunteered for Viet Nam...

Dad?

I was there from October of '67 to October of '68 and although I was not in direct combat, I did endure many a mortar and rocket attack there in that OCCUPIED country... and I was wounded during one of them... and even to this day, my purple heart and $6 will get me two gallons of premium gas anywhere in the USA...
    You ARE my Dad ....geez.:bang3:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

in 04, the military vote went to Pres Bush 75% - 25% for Kerry. Gore wanted to toss out the military vote in Florida in 2000

the military is overwhelming Republican these days

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry Bush can't produce a miraculous, overnight change to appease the doomsayer opinion. That 2/3s don't trust his judgement is unsupported rhetoric.
    He can't produce ANY change. His policies are failures. He needed to listen to his generals, not replace the ones who didn't buy Rummy's *vision* of doing the war "on the cheap".

Unsupported rhetoric? Like hell it is.

BTW, Hamas is in the Palestinian Territories. Hezbollah is in Lebanon.... neither is *in* Iraq any more than they are in this country.

Wanna know what the decider can do for our security and to fight terrorists? Fund alternative energy sources. Get us off of our oil dependence. Stop putting money into the hands of animals.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He can't produce ANY change. His policies are failures. He needed to listen to his generals, not replace the ones who didn't buy Rummy's *vision* of doing the war "on the cheap".

BTW, Hamas is in the Palestinian Territories. Hezbollah is in Lebanon.... neither is *in* Iraq any more than they are in this country.

Wanna know what the decider can do for our security and to fight terrorists? Fund alternative energy sources. Get us off of our oil dependence. Stop putting money into the hands of animals.
    You are a babe. I tried to rep you but I have to spread it around
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

Maybe they called you sarge for that reason.... and even after a short time "knowing you", I can see why, too.

but not every sergeant...
    LOL .... I was NEVER called Sarge. Matter of fact, it was an Army Sergeant who pointed it out to me, because the very notion of addressing anyone other than by their correct rank or the accepted abbreviation never crossed my mind.

How come it is it's always the Air Force and Navy vets that turn out to be liberals?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Don't bother. Jilly is spreading "it" around for everyone

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Heh! Thanks for the thought.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    in 04, the military vote went to Pres Bush 75% - 25% for Kerry. Gore wanted to toss out the military vote in Florida in 2000

the military is overwhelming Republican these days
    Too bad. The civilian population (you know, the ones who pay the wages of the military? The ones the military works for?) are overwhelmingly against this war and against the president and his policies.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)

He can't produce ANY change. His policies are failures. He needed to listen to his generals, not replace the ones who didn't buy Rummy's *vision* of doing the war "on the cheap"

This is all unsupported, broken-record, left-wing rhetoric. Nothing Bush does will ever be right, no matter how many times you have to switch positions on a topic.

Okay. So?

Well, yeah, THAT ought to make the Islamofascists go away.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Too bad. The civilian population (you know, the ones who pay the wages of the military? The ones the military works for?) are overwhelmingly against this war and against the president and his policies.
    Thank God this President does not govern by polls (unlike Clinton)

The military knows how the libs feels about them

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Thank God this President does not govern by polls (unlike Clinton)

The military knows how the libs feels about them
    Yeah, it's rough when the party in power wants to give you more benefits and end the war that is putting your life in danger