Quote Originally Posted by fj1200 View Post
Well, in regards to Harari and his WEF ilk they're not so much shadow but just eggheads talking to eggheads IMO. As far as the government not capitulating I think it's a matter of momentum. Whipsawing every 4 or 8 years is not going to give time for government to capitulate to anything because it's going to flip back. I think government at the state level has seen a response to popular will there as more and more states have become more and more red since the 90s and maybe even earlier. Goldwater was 60 years ago and arguably the turning point. The Republicans aren't where I/we want them to be but the fact that they're not an essentially minority party anymore says something.
Agree on Harari. He is not well-received critically. A gay, Jew-turned-atheist who IMO espouses a theory based long on personal circumstance and prejudice and short on anything real beyond the attempt to use "science" as window dressing.

My previous comment is more in line with the OP addressing a "sick society" and "parallel society" as a possible solution for those who chose to not follow the religion of bad government. Really, nothing more than an academic exercise I found interesting. I'm far more inclined to believe the only way this government and society is going to end is badly. Too many existent checks in boxes barreling toward disaster with current government driving the train. It would require a sheep-like society that is sleep-walking along to wake up and stop it. I've lost having that much faith in people anymore.