Well it's a slow day. So I unignored RP to see if he'd come round.

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
And basic training was absolute hell, and being in the guard was not that great either so why should I recommend joining the military to anyone, if you want to thats fine im just telling you I would not recommend it. Now, lookee here. You have made an opinion and defended it without insulting other folks. You should have taken that approach awile back.

I am not sure why I am getting flamed, I hated it and thats my opinion. That is why I said this OP should be renamed to you better encourage people to join and if not you better have a reason so good that even pegwin would agree, Heh. I like that. I have such an influence on you. You still don't get it.

I thought this discussion board was about stating your opinion, not everyone is cut out for the military so why should everyone join. I think I am going to start a new thread regarding the draft, it would be interesting to see peoples opinions. So long as you can make a point intelligently you might be surprised.
Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
The flame remark was directed at many others regarding this tread. If you puruse through the thread you will see why I hated the military, it boils down to I did not like getting yelled at, sleep deprivation, etc etc which I consider hazing, if the same things were done at a fraterntiy it would be considered hazing and they would be thrown off campus, It's not a fraternity. Apples and Oranges. I cannot believe that someone who claims to be an engineer and a powerlifter to boot had no idea what he was getting into.

please keep in mind I am not debating the military's legal right to do what they do im just saying I was not willing to tolerate it and I dont think it makes me a bad person for quiting the military and getting out of my contract early, others may not think so but thats there opinion. It doesn't automatically make you a bad person. It makes you a quitter.
So how is everyone doing?