Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonStryk72 View Post
    Originally Posted by rppearso
    So maybe the challenge needs to be clarified because I felt I more than adaquatly defended my stance and all people have done to me is name call, so maybe pegwinn can go back and look at what I wrote otherwise I am at a point where I dont even know what we are talking about becasue my questions rarely get answered.
    No you haven't, you dodged, but you never back anything up. BACK UP WHAT YOU ARE PUTTING FORWARD AS FACT> not just to prior stuff you said, but things you look on places like Google to support your claims. You know, evidence, use evidence.

Post on other threads non-military. respond to both points, or neither.
    Nice try DS. I got RP on my ignore list, but I can see when he's being quoted. All he had to do was read post number one of the challenge. It didn't need clarification. But, as you noted, he dodges, and fails to intelligently discuss anything. I applaud your attempts though.
    I'm Phil -- 40 something heterosexual white male, fairly self sufficient, great with my kids, wed 29 years to the same woman, and I firmly believe that ones actions have logical consequences. How much more out the box can you get nowadays? -- MSgt of Marines (ret)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pegwinn View Post
    Nice try DS. I got RP on my ignore list, but I can see when he's being quoted. All he had to do was read post number one of the challenge. It didn't need clarification. But, as you noted, he dodges, and fails to intelligently discuss anything. I applaud your attempts though.
    I will answer the question even though my posts have nothing to do with the question asked. I would say if you average your civilian scum bags with civilians who are highly competent, military = civilian. However the upper eschlon of civilian contractors that make all the cool $hit the military uses are way above military members in intellegence. So did I answer your loaded question ok, I agree if you average the civilian population as a whole it probably about equals out because after all military members are made up of the civilian population.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rppearso View Post
    I will answer the question even though my posts have nothing to do with the question asked. I would say if you average your civilian scum bags with civilians who are highly competent, military = civilian. However the upper eschlon of civilian contractors that make all the cool $hit the military uses are way above military members in intellegence. So did I answer your loaded question ok, I agree if you average the civilian population as a whole it probably about equals out because after all military members are made up of the civilian population.
    I wonder if our upper echelon can write anything close to coherent?
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I wonder if our upper echelon can write anything close to coherent?
    The military upper echelon are the same people with basket weaving degrees that have more time in. I will agree there are SOME smart people in the military, I believe an admiral helped invent the tommy gun which is pretty cool, he invented it with a civilian that pegwinn would probably call a pouge but the civilian did not have a hyped up title he was just a smart guy doing his thing without all the melodramatics of the military.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Basicly I dont like to be denigrated and yelled at so I would not recommend the military to anyone else just like I wouldent recommend a fraternity that hazed to anyone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Basicly I dont like to be denigrated and yelled at so I would not recommend the military to anyone else just like I wouldent recommend a fraternity that hazed to anyone.
    I don't know of anything to say other than 'whatever.' You should not be addressing the young, as you haven't a clue yourself to where you've been or why.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in favor of Mandatory Military Service for ALL Americans.

No service, no civilian privileges... which equates to having a job, a driver's license or entering into contracts... nothing... zip... zero... zilch...

naaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaa...

I know, I know, neva hatchi, GI... but... I can dream, can't I?
    Lost your job? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your house? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your life savings? Thank the republicans!
    Lost your health care? Thank the republicans!
    Lost all Hope? Thank the republicans!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post

No service, no civilian privileges... which equates to having a job, a driver's license or entering into contracts... nothing... zip... zero... zilch...

naaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaa...

I absolutely oppose mandatory service for all. If people don't want to serve their country, they should not be forced to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I absolutely oppose mandatory service for all. If people don't want to serve their country, they should not be forced to.
    Unless we need it, like when the regular troops we have are stretched so thin and combat tours are tripled or quadrupled, ahem.... like they are now. If people don't like that, I would suggest voting out the war mongers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Unless we need it, like when the regular troops we have are stretched so thin and combat tours are tripled or quadrupled, ahem.... like they are now. If people don't like that, I would suggest voting out the war mongers.
    If we "need it" in such circumstances, then citizen militia groups should suffice to protect the country until the Army can redeploy stateside. But, I agree that in general, we should reduce our overseas troop strength.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    If we "need it" in such circumstances, then citizen militia groups should suffice to protect the country until the Army can redeploy stateside. But, I agree that in general, we should reduce our overseas troop strength.
    If by citizen milita groups you are refering to the national guard they too are deployed right along with the regular army and are treated just like the regular army so they can not be relyed upon to defend us at home they are subject to deployments just like the regular army and reserves. When that changes then I agree you have an argument. If you are refering to random people who own firearms then I think you will be sorely disappointed at the disproportionate number of people who dont own significant enough firepower to really do anything (ie something more substantial than a 9mm hand gun and a .22 rifle), cost of firearms are very high for anything capable of laying down the smack (ie PTR-91, barret M82, LWRC, etc) there are also more legal barriers to owning a useful defense firearm than there ever has been in most states, some states still believe in the right to bare arms but most dont and have all sorts of convoluted regulations to make firearms owner ship more of a pain in the a$$ than its worth, time has value and most smart people dont want to waste it. So if something happened on our soil we would have the police force and what ever national gaurd happen to be here assuming all there equipment is not in iraq in which case they might just stay home and let the police force deal with it. If people dont live in reality pretty soon it will all come tumbling down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStripey1 View Post

naaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaa...

So what would we do with the people that dont satisfactorly complete there military term, where would we deport them too, oh I know maybe would set up concentration camps for them and we could have put albert enstine (enstine was opposed to the military and through that brainless following of orders was stupid so maybe thats a good place for him, after all if hitler dident get him maybe the us government should have) there and warrner von braun and that is just the start then we could be a third world country, yep sounds like a good idea.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

So what would we do with the people that dont satisfactorly complete there military term, where would we deport them too, oh I know maybe would set up concentration camps for them and we could have put albert enstine (enstine was opposed to the military and through that brainless following of orders was stupid so maybe thats a good place for him, after all if hitler dident get him maybe the us government should have) there and warrner von braun and that is just the start then we could be a third world country, yep sounds like a good idea.
    WORKS FOR ME JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If by citizen milita groups you are refering to the national guard they too are deployed right along with the regular army and are treated just like the regular army so they can not be relyed upon to defend us at home they are subject to deployments just like the regular army and reserves. When that changes then I agree you have an argument. If you are refering to random people who own firearms then I think you will be sorely disappointed at the disproportionate number of people who dont own significant enough firepower to really do anything (ie something more substantial than a 9mm hand gun and a .22 rifle), cost of firearms are very high for anything capable of laying down the smack (ie PTR-91, barret M82, LWRC, etc) there are also more legal barriers to owning a useful defense firearm than there ever has been in most states, some states still believe in the right to bare arms but most dont and have all sorts of convoluted regulations to make firearms owner ship more of a pain in the a$$ than its worth, time has value and most smart people dont want to waste it. So if something happened on our soil we would have the police force and what ever national gaurd happen to be here assuming all there equipment is not in iraq in which case they might just stay home and let the police force deal with it. If people dont live in reality pretty soon it will all come tumbling down.
    The National Guard, being a part of the US Army, is not the militia. Many states have volunteer militia; the unorganized militia consists of all male citizens 18-64.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    WORKS FOR ME JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or we could just flee to other nations that are smart enough to recognize the extreme importance of scinetists and engineers and you would be living in a 3rd world nation fighting with spears getting smart bombs dropped on your stupid a$$ that were built by the engineers and scientists you displaced. So it works for me as well so it would be a win-loose situation where you loose, I can work with that. I recall this exact scenario happening about 70 yrs ago in europe, I guess history is bound to repeat itself maybe you can help make it happen nukeman maybe iceland will be the next USA they may have the politics but not the land mass or natural resources but then again neither does japan, am I going to fast for your pea brain nuke man.