Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
I said anything about anyone manipulating prices or profits. And in answer to your last question, I would have to say: apparently you, if you agree with RSR that "Our oil companies find, drill, pump, ship, refine the oil, and then deliver gas to your local station. All for a profit of 10 cents off the sale of a gallon of gas"
Clearly you can investigate profits by looking at public trading. My calculator nor brain is capable of calculating the exact amount of profit the oil companies make on a gallon of gas. We use trillions of gallons of gas and other fuels and plastics and other byproducts of petroleum but the profit must be considerably different from domestic produced and imported crude oil?

I can find the profit margin by googling it but it is considerably lower than other commodities.

There is no way for the government to capture the profits on oil as additional taxes without having the oil industry passing the costs of business on to the customer. The Democratic Party's plan to tax or remove subsidies from the industry as punishment will only punish the consumer.

If the oil companies are paying all taxes required then leave them alone and stop bitching.

What do you want from the oil companies? They are in business to make profits and if you take half of them the cost of their product will go up the same way if you would tax half of milk or flour profits.