Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
You have the nerve to talk about honesty? So now, in addition to falsely asserting that I “wish the perpetuation of the current tax code” now you are going to falsely assert I’m not being “honest about the FairTax”, but as is usually the case with you, you fail to substantiate you assertions.
Nothing false about my assertions about you or otherwise. Mine are fully substantiated, unlike yours.

Just for the record, please tell me if you find any of the following questions regarding the “fairtax” not answered honestly. The answers are based upon the ACTUAL TEXT OF H.R.25 and, H.J.RES 16

Frequently asked questions regarding the “fairtax” answered.

Does the “fairtax” propose to lay a 23 percent tax upon the sale of new manufactured property? YES
Yes, it ELIMINATES all other Fed taxes.

Does the “fairtax” require Mary and Joe Sixpack [as I described them at the top of the thread] to give the federal government a 23 percent cut of the action if they sell the property they have in their labor on weekends by cleaning and painting homes, making handyman repairs, baby sitting, cutting their neighbors lawns, etc.? YES
No, they provide a service and the Fairtax is a tax on the consumption of goods and services. It is paid by the consumer NOT the producer.

Will Mary and Joe have to file fairtax returns 12 times a year? YES
Yes, how many times do they file now? At least quarterly, sometimes more often depending on size iirc.

Will Mary and Joe have to register with government to sell the property they have in their labor? YES
Yes, they do so NOW. Are you unaware of W-2s?

Will Mary and Joe still be subject to audits? YES
Yes, they are subject now. Are you unaware of the IRS?

Will Mary and Joe have to keep any records and reports Congress may dream up? YES
Yes, they are subject now.

In addition to the 23 percent cut Mary and Joe must giver to government on the selling price of their labor, will they also have to pay an additional 23 percent tax upon products they purchase. YES
No, they don't pay taxes on their services provided and No, the "additional" tax is in lieu of all other Fed taxes. Asked and answered previously.

If H.J RES. 16, the “fairtax” companion legislation to repeal the 16th amendment were adopted by the States, would Congress maintain the authority to lay and collect taxes calculated from incomes? YES! For example Congress will have power to lay and collect the tax calculated from income as was laid during the Civil War and upheld in Springer vs. United States.

Under the fairtax, would Congress maintain power to lay and collect taxes calculated from corporate and business profits and gains? YES For example, Congress would maintain the power to lay and collect taxes calculated from profits and gains as were laid under the Corporate Excise Tax of 1909 and upheld in Flint vs. Stone Tracy.
Possibly, let's get that changed. Work for the possible, not the impossible.

Will the IRS be closed down under the “fairtax”. YES, but in its place two new tax collecting agencies will be created, the Excise Tax Bureau and the Sales tax Bureau, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms will also be collecting taxes!
I suppose, taxes need to be collected. How many taxing authorities under your plan?

Does the “fairtax” propose to send a monthly check to people who are not gainfully employed and on the public dole? YES
Yes, to ensure that NO ONE is subject to taxation at the poverty level. The public dole is a different subject, first things first.

Why is the “fairtax” called a “progressive” tax by fairtax.org? Probably because it proposes to redistribute wealth from those who pay taxes to those who are not gainfully employed and on the public dole.
No, it's progressive because they believe that the rich will automatically consume more than the poor thereby ensuring progressivity. Redistribution is NOT in the Republicans game plan.

Is the “fairtax” a proposal for a massive expansion of what Congress may tax? YES. See above for details.
No. And that is the perfect example of you spinning your "facts" away from the reality of the FairTax. You claim/imply that is an expansion of the tax base when in reality it is a shifting of taxation away from income and towards consumption. You ignore the embedding of the current tax code towards the transparency of the FairTax. You ignore the intrusiveness of the current code and the simplicity of the FairTax.

So try and acknowledge the benefits of what the FairTax does with some honesty. And like I said wishing for the impossible leaves us with the current system at the expense of what is possible, that is why I state that you "are working for the perpetuation of the current tax code" and I stand by it.