Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
Oh, but I didn’t say Mary and Joe would be paying the government 23% of the “profit“. The irrefutable fact is, Mary and Joe, when selling the property they have in their labor, will have to give the federal government 23 percent of the selling price of their labor. In addition, Mary and Joe Sixpack, ordinary working people who have full time jobs and dare to sell the property they have in their labor on weekends cleaning homes, baby sitting, mowing lawns, painting homes and other handyman chores, must first register with government to sell the property they have in their labor, give the federal government a 23 percent cut of the selling price of their labor, file fair tax returns 12 freaken times a year under the penalty of perjury, and, after all this crap they will have to pay an additional 23 percent tax on articles they purchase.
More spinning of "facts" and outright falsehoods I see. Why didn't you take the opportunity to respond to my post? Let's have some good back and forth rather than your repetition of disputed talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
Why do you support expanding the taxing arm of Congress with an additional tax, the alleged "fairtax", which will only be used to feed and enlarge the pig in Washington?
The fact that you won't admit the obvious crushes your already thin credibility on the subject.